Official 2012 Oklahoma City Thunder Thread- Gm1 vs Dallas Mavs tonight. Beard cleared to play

i doubt we make any moves, but these are the only guys i could see us giving up for anything:

thabo or cook.. we dont need both, unless 1 is injured

narz.. expiring deal and aldrich is starting to get mins

ivey, also an expiring deal

MAYBE reggie jackson, depends on how he's doing in practice

draft picks

Somebody tell these dudes to get Serge a touch so he can get 20/20, he has 18 and 20 right now. Westbrook has a 28/10/3 with 3 turns, KD has 30/6/3. Serge has been 1 bucket away since the 4 minute mark then Ivey bum #+@ want to start shooting. Trade yourself!

Easy W, we were just playing letting Phx get that half time lead.

lolwut, there's a Thunder thread??? There must only be like 4 OKC dudes on here are something. Oh well, ain't mad
pimp.gif

Russell Westbrook with 31/10/3 and 3tos

James Harden with 30/4/1 and this dunk over Shannon Brown (not the 1st time either) http://www.nba.com/video/...100576_phx_okc_play3.nba

Kevin Durant with 30/6/4 and 2 blocks

Serge Ibaka with 18/20 and 3 blocks

Kate Upton was at the game!! I would have gone just for a glimpse had I known she was going to be there. She lookin' extra regular though.

suns_HP_1_120307.jpg

429984_10150598441393995_159957123994_9212850_1041586688_n.jpg

428590_10150598530818995_159957123994_9213038_423464540_n.jpg

417199_10150598483908995_159957123994_9212950_414021733_n.jpg

430091_10150598421613995_159957123994_9212809_1202646316_n.jpg

http://www.nba.com/thunde...onmov-2027710/index.html video of the Kape Upton interview.

AnbfxDiCEAA0P1B.jpg

Postgame interviews

http://www.nba.com/thunde...3/08/postsunsmov-2027720

From Elias, this was just the second time in NBA history three guys scored 30 or more with a fourth grabbing 20 or more rebounds.

The 16-point deficit the Thunder came back from is the biggest this season, and biggest since 2010.

Steve Nash had 13 assists. But not a single one in the second half.

The 64 in the first half is tied for the most OKC’s given up in a half this season.
Ivey didn’t score a point — in fact only five Thunder players did — but was a +20 for the game and played a pretty key role in OKC’s win.

Didn't get a chance to watch the game but just by looking at the box score we got outworked on the glass. KD's three point shooting has been off the last few games

same as must nights, gave up a lot of offensive rebounds and turned the ball over too much. They never separated enough, seem to be getting kind of cocky thinking they can do this come out and get in a deficit, turn it on and win late thing.

What do we think of a possible Harden + Ibaka for Dwight Howard deal that allegedly has been discussed. Presti is saying no. Some at Dailythunder are saying they would support the deal if it's Westbrook + Ibaka. For a 1 yr rental of Dwight, is he a guaranteed title and thus worth it? What if you can make him commit to staying first?

http://www.dailythunder.c...ssed-dwight-howard-deal/

Idk about that, D12 did he say he wanted to be the man and he won't be cuz KD is the man. If D12 is guaranteeing that he is staying I would give up Harden + Ibaka for D12.

Russ, KD, and D12 
sick.gif

But Harden and Ibaka on the pick and roll would just be unguardable. Of course, that means we'd have to give them Westbrook and have no pg or take back Duhon or Jameer's terrible play and contracts though. I was reading some advanced stats on pick and roll production and Harden is the best pick and roll player in the league. If I can find that, I'll post it.

What if we get Howard, then try to buy low on Odom if the Mavs are tired of him and hope playing with Westbrook, KD, and Howard can get him inspired then we can get away with Ivey or Cook easily since they both can knock down kickout jumpers. Pipe dream
laugh.gif

Harden is damn good in the PnR, he's great a splitting it. Remember Odom needs a beach near him or else he becomes odumb
roll.gif

I don't think anything can motivate that dude right now
laugh.gif

When is Thabo coming back?

Odom can go to Lake Hefner and do all the same things you do in an ocean except for get attacked by sharks or actually be in an ocean. Tell him Deal with it! I'm about to leave for the City in about an hr. If you catch the game on FSOK, or League Pass via the OKC broadcast, they are supposed to be showing us after half time. Listen for when they mention "The Blue Alliance Lawton and Elgin," and show us damn near the top of the arena. I don't really want to sit with them but if I do, I'll be the only black dude unless any of those white ladies who bought tickets from me have black husbands I guess
laugh.gif

damn gotta work tonight, going to miss another game. Hopefully we bounce back strong after last night.

33 for James Harden tonight. I got to go on the court today after the game and take a pic but the experience was nothing like I thought it would be since it was so rushed. James has more than likely played himself out of OKC's price range. He will get max offers. We will be faced with having to choose between him or Ibaka, and having to amnesty Perk to have the money to do so, most likely unless both guys take MASSIVE pay cuts against their market value to stay. Russ already sacrificed 19%

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

33 for James Harden tonight. I got to go on the court today after the game and take a pic but the experience was nothing like I thought it would be since it was so rushed. James has more than likely played himself out of OKC's price range. He will get max offers. We will be faced with having to choose between him or Ibaka, and having to amnesty Perk to have the money to do so, most likely unless both guys take MASSIVE pay cuts against their market value to stay. Russ already sacrificed 19%
frown.gif
don't bring this up now it's going to make me sad. Pay the luxury tax lol

Defended Westbrook for ages, but he did lose us this game (Rockets) with his temper. 1 pt loss, you can't get a technical with 48 seconds left. It clearly wasn't just that play but Dragic had been flopping and borderline dirty the entire game and seems like that was just the least opportune time for the straw to break the camel's back. We were up and scored about 5 straight times with JHarden running point before Brooks took James off the point guard and went back to a fuming Russ who committed the TO that lead to the possession where Houston scored the final go ahead basket. Royce Young on dailythunder.com chronicles both Russ's attitude and perception to people who don't actually know him, as well as the Thunder taking James Harden off the point guard even though it was working here

Last night, Russell Westbrook picked up a bad technical late in the game against Houston and the Thunder lost by a point.

It was really just an awful series of events for OKC’s All-Star point guard. He lost his cool with Goran Dragic, turned it over twice and missed a free throw. And again, the Thunder lost by a point, blowing an 11-point lead.

But Westbrook compounded things by not addressing the technical foul or the incident with Dragic. He just straight up ignored the question, eventually walking out while someone else asked it again. Not a fan of this act. I mentioned it in last night’s recap, but I also wrote a long thing about it at CBSSports.com. Allow me to blockquote myself:

It’s precisely these type of things why Russell Westbrook is often the Thunder’s scapegoat. He makes himself an easy target. While Durant can do no wrong, nobody runs to defend Westbrook. Durant always says the right thing, no matter the situation. Westbrook — and I say this as someone that is a full-blooded Westbrook apologist that thinks the guy doesn’t get near enough credit for OKC’s success — chooses to make enemies. He carries that chip on his shoulder off the court and doesn’t do himself any favors in the court of public opinion. He might not care and more power to him if he doesn’t, but it’s not hard to just answer a question.

If you find everything I’ve ever written on Westbrook, you’ll see I’ve defended the guy to the death. I truly believe the guy’s one mission in life is to win and be a good teammate. That’s it. He’s not selfish, he doesn’t want the spotlight, he doesn’t want to be an alpha dog. He just wants to win basketball games.

But he alienates even his biggest fans, like me, when he acts that way. It’s hard to stand on an island and defend the way he plays and try and convince people he’s really a cool dude. And it’s even harder to make people believe he’s a point guard that can lead the Thunder to a championship when the lasting image of Westbrook is either an emotional outburst or an immature stunt with the cameras rolling.

Pretty much everyone that hasn’t spent a week around the Thunder think Westbrook and Durant don’t get along. And why wouldn’t they? Because the Russell Westbrook they’re privy to seeing is one that answers questions in one word, ignores others and isn’t exactly an inviting personality. While Durant never has a missed step, a slip of the tongue and says the type of things that make a writer’s heart melt, Westbrook comes off as the cold, angry and almost mean bad guy. To an outsider, it makes sense to wonder why in the world Durant would like Westbrook. Because that’s the public image. That’s the perception. That’s the Westbrook people see.

It’s no coincidence that controversy seems to follow Westbrook around. There’s no vendetta again him. It’s just that he makes things difficult for himself. I appreciate the way he plays. I love the intensity, the fire, the emotion. I eat that stuff up. But there has to be a separation of church and state. He can’t carry it off the floor with him.

And he can’t go getting a dumb technical foul with 48 seconds remaining in a four-point game either.

Great win. In his return from a 7 week absence, Thabo helped the Thunder limit the Nuggets to 90 and individually took turns on Aaron Afflalo and Danillo Gallinari who shot a combined 10-23 for 25pts. It also balanced the lineup putting Cook back on the bench letting him have fresh legs when he plays with the subs, contributing 11 pts in 16 minutes. How bout a look?

http://www.dailythunder.c...oshas-return/#more-19350

Going to go the game tonight! got great seats, just a few rows behind the Thunder bench. About to head out soon to try and get Durant's autograph again. Hopefully James and Russ signs this time also
laugh.gif
. Let's get the W tonight OKC!

Fun game tonight. Got KD to sign my jersey which was cool, wish it was in a silver pen though because it didn't show up as well as i wanted. Some idiot fan was talking mess to Russ the whole night saying a bunch of crap got salty when Russ was going to work. When Russ hit four consecutive jumpers in the fourth i think (before they got pulled out of the game) Russ waved at the dude bye and was laughing at his #@* the whole time
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom