Official 2012 NBA Draft Thread

I heard some think T. jones will be a similar form of what Thad Young is in the pros... Solid bench player that will make the team better

My personal rule is to stay away from tweener forwards, especially ones with questionable motors. It never fails.

Originally Posted by quik1987

Am I the only one that thinks that Unibrow will not be that good?
Not good how? Even if he doesn't develop a killer offensive game, he's pretty remarkable as a rim protector and rebounder.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Not good how? Even if he doesn't develop a killer offensive game, he's pretty remarkable as a rim protector and rebounder.

I mean, he's begin compared to the likes of KG and TD, when really he's probably more similar to Camby.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

I mean, he's begin compared to the likes of KG and TD, when really he's probably more similar to Camby.

He was as better than camb ever was...as a freshman. Camby is his absolute floor not his ceiling.

Originally Posted by MBen32

MKG's form. 
sick.gif
eek.gif

-feet closed to target = shoulder closed to target
-left shoulder launch point as a righty 
sick.gif
 which leads to...

-double clutch- release on way down to get ball back to other side

all of this means Top 2 pick
laugh.gif

Isn't Harrison Barnes a perfect fit for the Raptors?

Calderon, Derozan, Barnes, Bargnani and Valanciunas

Originally Posted by The Wizard

Kill me now.

I'd rather go down taking a risk on big upside, Perry Jones, Andre Drummond, Quincy Miller what ever but please no Barnes.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Originally Posted by woody2626

Henson has a consistent jumper from 15-18 ft and has a decent hook. Hes offensively better than Wright probably now even. Can expect him to avg a block/ block and a half, a game.
yup, his improvement on offense is kind of dramatic. That face up jumper was coming along nicely this year. He's going to be able to guard 4's really well and is/will be great in pick and roll defense. Best basketball is still ahead of him IMO, don't know if the same stands for Barnes/Zeller/Kendall
Both of yall make solid/valid points. I don't think he'll be a bum, but he's going to have to prove it in the league for me to become a believer in him.
Too early to call Warriors for the mock? 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Kill me now.

I'd rather go down taking a risk on big upside, Perry Jones, Andre Drummond, Quincy Miller what ever but please no Barnes.
No interest in Damian Lillard? Scoring pg with a solid outside shot, plus only 1 year left on Calderons contract.

I guess, he'd be fine, but i guess it depends whos available at 3, haven't watched a lot of tape on him though advanced stats suggest he's an excellent prospect.

Waiters all the way up to #9 in Chad Fords prospects
eek.gif

Knew he'd impress but wow, he isn't top 10.

*bobcats for mock draft*

I wont start the discussion on Quincy because you either love him or hate him(im a fan)

He shouldve went back to Baylor but i know he's tryin to get his mom out of Chicago.

He didnt have his explosiveness back this year but if im in the 15-20 range i take him

I've said this for a while now. I don't think Barnes is going to be Melo or Bron or any type of franchise player, but him and the Raptors as they currently stand is a match made in heaven. They need a SF in the worst way and Barnes will come in and bring stability and a winning attitude towards that franchise. There's just about no other player they should be targeting unless they plan on trading Bargnani for a SF and then draft a big man to pair with Jonas.

Two things.

1. Does anyone have a scout on Josh Owens from Stanford? I am not familiar with his game.

2. For you Twitter dudes, you should be following Fran Frachilla, Draft Express, and Chad Ford for your Draft needs.

Not many Euro players in this draft 1st round talent wise haven't seen this in a while i was reading about this the other day and said wow, but I'm sure in the 2nd round it will be plenty be picked up

FOr some reason I thing Hornets will win the lottery.....

After the chris Paul ordeal and the ownership thing...

NO will land the #1 pick

Back
Top Bottom