Official 2012 NBA Draft Thread

As the year went on he really learned how to control the tempo of the game, get others involved and score when the opportunity presented itself. He rarely forced up shots like he did at the beginning of the season. He definitely needs another year to be ready for the NBA but you can't really blame him if he wants to go out after winning a championship. He's a lot more of a pure point than his brother.

Originally Posted by Put em up

Aite please explain to me what he does well?
Lets be real Teague is just a product of the One and done pipeline.

Get ranked high, go to a powerhouse college, then enter the draft.  He's clearly a good athlete, he has good tools but hasn't done anything really.  I seen some growth during the season but honestly dude should've been playing like he did at the end of the season way earlier.

I wouldn't blame him for leaving tho.

Put em up wrote:
I still can't believe he was the #1pg in his class
30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif
 I know how was he Ranked # 1 just look how myck kabongo and josiah turner dominated this season 
sick.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

marquis teague had a lot pressure riding on him due to how good the team was

If Teague played for a average / decent team he would of look a lot better and put UP way higher number's than he did 

People who I think are NBA ready as of today....

Anthony Davis = Marcus Camby
MKG = Luol Deng
Jeremy Lamb = Granger/Roy
Harrison Barnes = Melo
Jared Sullinger = David West 

People who I think are gonna be a rotation player at best....

EVERYONE ELSE

This draft isnt as strong as people say it is. Austin Rivers (6th man/OJ Mayo at best. Most combo guards in the L play for a lottery team their entire career.) Terrence Robinson? Ehhhhh. Teague? LOL. Terrence Jones? LOL. Etc. 

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

MKG = Luol Deng
Harrison Barnes = Melo

EVERYONE ELSE

This draft isnt as strong as people say it is. Austin Rivers (6th man/OJ Mayo at best. Most combo guards in the L play for a lottery team their entire career.) Terrence Robinson? Ehhhhh. Teague? LOL. Terrence Jones? LOL. Etc. 
eek.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Man this draft is full of great talent. This draft is strong because you might get a star even the 2nd round.  We just don't know yet because these guys are so young but the talent is there in this draft. 

MKG = Luol Deng
Harrison Barnes = Melo

EVERYONE ELSE

WAIT, What?!?!?! 
eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

MKG = Luol Deng
Harrison Barnes = Melo

EVERYONE ELSE

I'm just gonna go ahead and say you didn't watch any CBB until two weeks ago

Hey Myck Kabongo has to run Rick Barnes clogged toilet offense and share PG duties with J'Covan on a gutted Texas team, he still displayed and actual elite skills, passing and excellent defense and the is no way that Kentucky wouldn't be better with him on the point, (or duke for that matter)

Teague on the other had was billed as a big time scorer/penetrator who didn't really do any of that in college, I dunno the few times I saw him when he was in high school I hated him, but I guess he's worth a late 1st if you believe in the NBA his skills translate better.

Personally I think he's a Randy Foye type at best.

Originally Posted by mogzz04

MKG = Luol Deng
Harrison Barnes = Melo

EVERYONE ELSE

WAIT, What?!?!?! 
eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Nahh the real golden one is Jeremy Lamb = Granger/Roy. Son isn't even Paul George, let alone his All-Star teammate.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Originally Posted by mogzz04

MKG = Luol Deng
Harrison Barnes = Melo

EVERYONE ELSE

WAIT, What?!?!?! 
eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Nahh the real golden one is Jeremy Lamb = Granger/Roy. Son isn't even Paul George, let alone his All-Star teammate.
laugh.gif
 yeah i wanted to comment on that one too.   And who is Terrance Robinson?

Originally Posted by show time 96

Put em up wrote:
I still can't believe he was the #1pg in his class
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
 I know how was he Ranked # 1 just look how myck kabongo and josiah turner dominated this season 
sick.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

marquis teague had a lot pressure riding on him due to how good the team was

If Teague played for a average / decent team he would of look a lot better and put UP way higher number's than he did 

you cant be serious. you put Turner on the Kentucky team homie would be top 15 easy.

my mans said Teague wouldve put up WAY HIGHER numbers on a average squad, you smoking dope...
laugh.gif

He better leave now that i think about it...didnt Ryan Harrow redshirt last year?

Man this is the best draft I have seen in years. Davis is the best number 1 prospect since rose, and to be honest, I would have taken MGK over anyone sans rose that year, not to mention Lamb, who I still feel is the best sg prospect in a LONG time.

You guys need to let the Josiah Turner dream die.
& Trey Burke was the best true FR PG this year and it wasn't really close. (thanks to Mike Anderson being an idiot and having BJ off the ball a lot)

Jeremy Lamb = Nick Young
Jared Sullinger = Carlos Boozer
MKG = Gerald Wallace
Harrison Barnes = Luol Deng
Anthony Davis = KG

Terrance Ross and Tony Wroten....first rounders??? I think Tony Wroten might have the most NBA skill of any PG in the draft.....high risk, extremly high reward type guy

I see the MKG-Gerald Wallace comparisons but I just feel like he has the potential to be much more.

I just don't get the Anthony Davis hype. I don't see him being anything more than DeAndre Jordan with a decent jumper. Can't play 1-on-1 defense, has no post game, won't be able to camp the lane and weakside block in the NBA. If I have the #1 pick I'm taking MKG.

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

I see the MKG-Gerald Wallace comparisons but I just feel like he has the potential to be much more.
Agreed, guy is really elite at getting to the hole.  I'm very, very high on MKG.  I see him as an Iggy like defender with much more offensive skill.  If he learns to shoot
eek.gif

Jeremy Lamb will be better than Nick Young.

Back
Top Bottom