Official 2012 "Cool Grey IX" Retro Thread December 15th

I drove all the way to the mall and went to footaction to get a ticket around 4. They tell me they werent handing them out to 5 so i stroll around the mall to blow time. I come back in FTA 2nd in line for a guaranteed ticket and had a change of heart on them. Im gonna pass up on these and the Black/Red XIs. Good luck to you guys that really want a pair and plan to rock them. Alot of good dudes on NT deserve a chance to own these sneakers. Im just going to buy a pair of OG Labastes and Flightposites IIs instead

Are these 9's every bit the feeling of cardboard and Chinese slippers like the current ones that were released most recently?? Just don't want to jump through circles for the garbage feel on my feet. Please advise. :D

Last edited:
Well, that was incredibly easy. Hit up a low key footlocker in a plaza by my crib. No line or nothin. Hopefully this ticketing process is this easy for the XIs next week. Doubt it tho

I thought this early ticket give out would happen, luckily at the place I decided to go to it didn't, but the really hyped malls let them go a few hours early. Managers can't be screwing with this.

Anybody hows quality?
Checked em out today.  Quality looked great.  Same quality as the pairs in the Kilroy pack.  Soft leather tongue and boot like the Crawfish's, the upper is similar to the motorboats, shouldn't crease easily.  Smoky bottoms are solid and a nice change from the icy look.  Fit TTS, if you have a pretty wide foot, you could 1/2 size up to ease the squeeze where the toe box meets the tongue.  The Kilroy's were the only nine this year that I didn't think sized that way, as they were big and bulky with plenty of room.

Wat happens to the pairs tht they didn't reserve today do they hand out tickets to people later this week???

Found out there was a fight at the mall out here for guaranteed tickets :x :smh: Now the FTL is only doing raffles, I can't get to the mall so its NDC or bust for me

Last edited:
I'm having a debate...idk whether to go with my TTS 10.5 or go half a size up to a sz11.... people say go TTS and others say go .5 up!! ugh...damn.

I cant for these. Tried wearing my 02's last night and the soles are almost completely separated!

WENT TO 34TH FOOTACTION AND WAITED 3 HOURS AND GOT TO THE FRONT ONLY TO GET NOTHING... NO CG TICKET NO FOAM TICKET... NICE.... THIS ISHH IS F'ING RIDICULOUS JOKE... ILL HAVE AN EXTRA PAIR OF STEALTH FOAMS..IM JUST GOING TO TRADE EM FOR THE CG'S + CASH... WHAT A HEADACHE :smh: :smh: :smh:

So do the stores make their own decision if they are going to do a raffle or if they are doing guaranteed tickets???? Two of the HoH out here are doing guaranteed tickets and the other is doing a raffle

After being 0/2 on kick attempt purchases i really wanted in a new hometown :rolleyes :smh:
I got a ticket at my local champs 4 these :D

WENT TO 34TH FOOTACTION AND WAITED 3 HOURS AND GOT TO THE FRONT ONLY TO GET NOTHING... NO CG TICKET NO FOAM TICKET... NICE.... THIS ISHH IS F'ING RIDICULOUS JOKE... ILL HAVE AN EXTRA PAIR OF STEALTH FOAMS..IM JUST GOING TO TRADE EM FOR THE CG'S + CASH... WHAT A HEADACHE :smh: :smh: :smh:

How did that happen what time did you get there, and how much people u estimate was on line?

I heard Green Acres will be giving out tickets on Tuesday the 11th. So I'll be there for that. Anyone else going? 

How did that happen what time did you get there, and how much people u estimate was on line?

PPL DECIDED TO CLAIM TIX FOR OTHER SIZES TO SELL, I GOT TO THE FRONT AND THERE WAS ONLY A 9 FOR FOAMS AND 11+ FOR CG'S... NONE ARE SIZES I NEEDED, GOT THERE AT 5.. MAYBE 100-150 IN FRONT OF ME

I go to the FTL by my house.

There are 10 people in the store. I'm the 2nd to get a ticket, tell them I need a 11. He tells me, "we're all out, just 12's left". How does that work...:rolleyes Obviously something shady is going on...

So I call coporate not really to get anything, simply to let them know what happened.

She tells me, we'll file a report etc etc...not taking my information at all.

Probably the last time I mess with them.

If these fit like the kilroys, then go a .5 sz up. Thats what I'm doing
Yeah I think I'm just going to go half a size up. I haven't bought a pair of IX"s since the charcoals a few years back so I'm thinking the sz11 will fit fine.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom