Official 2011 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (86-76) 2nd Place in NL West

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Here is my concern. If Cody Ross wasnt injured, would Belt have made the team? If the answer is anything other than a resounding "definitely," then i think he should have started in AAA.
I still believe that Belt would have made the team and Ishikawa would have been cut, due to his inconsistencies at the plate. If Ross were healthy, Huff would simply start in LF, Belt deserved to make the team with the way he's played this Spring. I think it was a no brainer. 

This doesnt make sense bro.  If Ross wasnt hurt, someone would have been cut (maybe Ishikawa) anyways.  So for Ross to have been healthy and Belt to have made the team, we would have had to cut 2 guys.
Schierholtz would have been the odd man out. That's what I've read, but changed since Ross got hurt.

I'm glad that Belt made the team, but where does he find at-bats when Ross comes back? Huff moves to left? DeRosa and Burrell don't get at-bats?

i am readyyyyy

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Tim Lincecum

I still believe that Belt would have made the team and Ishikawa would have been cut, due to his inconsistencies at the plate. If Ross were healthy, Huff would simply start in LF, Belt deserved to make the team with the way he's played this Spring. I think it was a no brainer. 

This doesnt make sense bro.  If Ross wasnt hurt, someone would have been cut (maybe Ishikawa) anyways.  So for Ross to have been healthy and Belt to have made the team, we would have had to cut 2 guys.
Schierholtz would have been the odd man out. That's what I've read, but changed since Ross got hurt.

I'm glad that Belt made the team, but where does he find at-bats when Ross comes back? Huff moves to left? DeRosa and Burrell don't get at-bats?

So you read that Schierholtz would have been released had Ross not gotten hurt?  Link?  I find it hard to believe that we would have replaced the guy to spell Burrell/Huff/DeRosa in the outfield late in games. 

So you read that Schierholtz would have been released had Ross not gotten hurt?  Link?  I find it hard to believe that we would have replaced the guy to spell Burrell/Huff/DeRosa in the outfield late in games. 

It was on Baggarly's blog. I forget which article, but I should say that it was speculated on his part.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/extrabaggs/

It was on Baggarly's blog. I forget which article, but I should say that it was speculated on his part.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/extrabaggs/

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

Belt would have started in AAA.
See thats what I think too.  And if that was truly been the plan, he should have started in AAA regardless.

I just really hope we arent rushing him like other teams have done with their top minor league prospects (Matt Wieters, Alex Gordon, etc)

See thats what I think too.  And if that was truly been the plan, he should have started in AAA regardless.

I just really hope we arent rushing him like other teams have done with their top minor league prospects (Matt Wieters, Alex Gordon, etc)

I hope Belt makes us change our opinions about him making the team with a good start, but I have no clue what the reason was for bringing him up right now. I dont think it makes the team that much better than it would be without Belt.

I hope Belt makes us change our opinions about him making the team with a good start, but I have no clue what the reason was for bringing him up right now. I dont think it makes the team that much better than it would be without Belt.

[table][tr][th="col"]T. Lincecum SF
7981.jpg
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]C. Kershaw LAD
8180.jpg
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]0-0[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]0-0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]-[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]-[/td] [/tr][tr][td]0[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]0[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]-[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]-[/td][/tr][/table]

Torres CF
Sanchez 2B
Huff RF
Posey C
Burrell LF
Tejada SS
Belt 1B
Sandoval 3B
Lincecum RHP

[table][tr][th="col"]T. Lincecum SF
7981.jpg
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]C. Kershaw LAD
8180.jpg
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]0-0[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]0-0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]-[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]-[/td] [/tr][tr][td]0[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]0[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]-[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]-[/td][/tr][/table]

Torres CF
Sanchez 2B
Huff RF
Posey C
Burrell LF
Tejada SS
Belt 1B
Sandoval 3B
Lincecum RHP

I stand corrected. You were right, he probably would have started in AAA...And to read he hasn't played AAA ball does have me worried. So when Ross does come back, will someone be cut (Scherholtz) or would they bring down a pitcher or even Belt?
Belt at the 7th spot? Interesting, I was expecting Pablo there. The rest of the lineup looks the way I thought it would look.

I stand corrected. You were right, he probably would have started in AAA...And to read he hasn't played AAA ball does have me worried. So when Ross does come back, will someone be cut (Scherholtz) or would they bring down a pitcher or even Belt?
Belt at the 7th spot? Interesting, I was expecting Pablo there. The rest of the lineup looks the way I thought it would look.

Back
Top Bottom