Official 2011 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (86-76) 2nd Place in NL West

the jerseys don't even match the hat that they're wearing

but i definitely want to see what the numbers on the back will look like

the jerseys don't even match the hat that they're wearing

but i definitely want to see what the numbers on the back will look like

Greetings from Az.  Saw two games today.  Great time.  Here are some pictures.  Enjoy....

2medet4.jpg

1z53mmu.jpg

2u4kchg.jpg

6sgkjr.jpg

2vimqyu.jpg

v5hl5x.jpg

2dio8bn.jpg

13yhuuv.jpg

2bqm8i.jpg

mboefb.jpg

8x7mz9.jpg

6gzmtt.jpg

2cyfwgp.jpg

w858oz.jpg

29elj6e.jpg

2m50boj.jpg

2md41vb.jpg

2h3ug53.jpg

Will post more from tomorrows game. (Sorry for Ninjahood sized pics.  Dont know how to make them smaller)

Greetings from Az.  Saw two games today.  Great time.  Here are some pictures.  Enjoy....

2medet4.jpg

1z53mmu.jpg

2u4kchg.jpg

6sgkjr.jpg

2vimqyu.jpg

v5hl5x.jpg

2dio8bn.jpg

13yhuuv.jpg

2bqm8i.jpg

mboefb.jpg

8x7mz9.jpg

6gzmtt.jpg

2cyfwgp.jpg

w858oz.jpg

29elj6e.jpg

2m50boj.jpg

2md41vb.jpg

2h3ug53.jpg

Will post more from tomorrows game. (Sorry for Ninjahood sized pics.  Dont know how to make them smaller)

Those pics are really nice. Weather wise, you're not missing much.

I really dislike Brian Wilson's beard.

Those pics are really nice. Weather wise, you're not missing much.

I really dislike Brian Wilson's beard.

logo_sf_79x76.jpg
pr_header.gif

03/27/2011 2:56 PM ET

Brandon Belt voted 2011 Harry S. Jordan Award winner

Infielder Brandon Belt was elected the 2011 Harry S. Jordan Award winner in a vote by his teammates, coaches and training staff.

The Harry S. Jordan Award, which is named in honor of a former longtime minor league trainer for the club, is given in recognition of the player in his first big league camp whose performance and dedication in Spring Training best exemplifies the San Francisco Giants spirit.

Belt, 22, is a non-roster invitee at Giants camp for the first time this spring and has batted .306 (19-for-62) with five doubles, three home runs, 13 RBI in 25 games. He homered and drove in three runs last night in San Francisco's 8-5 win over Cleveland.

The 6-foot-5, 219-pound first baseman enters the 2011 campaign as the top ranked prospect in San Francisco's farm system by Baseball America. Drafted by the Giants in the fifth round of the 2009 draft, Belt made quite an impact in his first professional season last year, batting .352 (173-for-492) with 23 home runs and 112 RBI in 136 games between three different levels in SF's minor league chain.

The following players have won the Harry S. Jordan award:
  • 1988-Joe Kmak, Francisco Melendez
  • 1989-James Steel
  • 1990-Eric Gunderson
  • 1991-Mark Leonard
  • 1992-John Patterson
  • 1993-Greg Brummett
  • 1994-J.R. Phillips
  • 1995-Joe Rosselli
  • 1996-Marvin Benard
  • 1997-Dante Powell
  • 1998-Russ Ortiz
  • 1999-Damon Minor
  • 2000-Ben Weber
  • 2001-Pedro Feliz
  • 2002-Felix Escalona
  • 2003-Jason Ellison
  • 2004-Brian Dallimore
  • 2005-Scott Munter
  • 2006-Derin McMains
  • 2007-Tim Lincecum
  • 2008-Brian Bocock
  • 2009-Joe Martinez
  • 2010-Darren Ford
  • 2011-Brandon Belt
Very slow day...

logo_sf_79x76.jpg
pr_header.gif

03/27/2011 2:56 PM ET

Brandon Belt voted 2011 Harry S. Jordan Award winner

Infielder Brandon Belt was elected the 2011 Harry S. Jordan Award winner in a vote by his teammates, coaches and training staff.

The Harry S. Jordan Award, which is named in honor of a former longtime minor league trainer for the club, is given in recognition of the player in his first big league camp whose performance and dedication in Spring Training best exemplifies the San Francisco Giants spirit.

Belt, 22, is a non-roster invitee at Giants camp for the first time this spring and has batted .306 (19-for-62) with five doubles, three home runs, 13 RBI in 25 games. He homered and drove in three runs last night in San Francisco's 8-5 win over Cleveland.

The 6-foot-5, 219-pound first baseman enters the 2011 campaign as the top ranked prospect in San Francisco's farm system by Baseball America. Drafted by the Giants in the fifth round of the 2009 draft, Belt made quite an impact in his first professional season last year, batting .352 (173-for-492) with 23 home runs and 112 RBI in 136 games between three different levels in SF's minor league chain.

The following players have won the Harry S. Jordan award:
  • 1988-Joe Kmak, Francisco Melendez
  • 1989-James Steel
  • 1990-Eric Gunderson
  • 1991-Mark Leonard
  • 1992-John Patterson
  • 1993-Greg Brummett
  • 1994-J.R. Phillips
  • 1995-Joe Rosselli
  • 1996-Marvin Benard
  • 1997-Dante Powell
  • 1998-Russ Ortiz
  • 1999-Damon Minor
  • 2000-Ben Weber
  • 2001-Pedro Feliz
  • 2002-Felix Escalona
  • 2003-Jason Ellison
  • 2004-Brian Dallimore
  • 2005-Scott Munter
  • 2006-Derin McMains
  • 2007-Tim Lincecum
  • 2008-Brian Bocock
  • 2009-Joe Martinez
  • 2010-Darren Ford
  • 2011-Brandon Belt
Very slow day...

^ Agreed. Glad that the season begins on Thursday. I know for sure, I'll be watching the game tomorrow night TV...Hopefully it's in HD.

^ Agreed. Glad that the season begins on Thursday. I know for sure, I'll be watching the game tomorrow night TV...Hopefully it's in HD.

Nice pics dland...did you manage to get any auto's?
Anyone else going to any opening weekend games? I managed to get 2 Standing Room tixs for Opening Night, at face.

My new pick ups.
happy.gif

Anyone else going to any opening weekend games? I managed to get 2 Standing Room tixs for Opening Night, at face.

My new pick ups.
happy.gif

So I met Pat Burrell and Cody Ross at a bar in the Marina last night. Was disappointed that they were drinking Bud Lights and surprised to see them step outside for a smoke.

Interesting convo:
Burrell: *mid piss* "So you actually wash your hands in a place like this?"
Me: Yea, Im a nurse so it's a habit
Burrell: .....Yea man, that's good stuff

Dont know why Cody needs 3 weeks, dude was walking around without any noticable limp but I wasnt going to be a prick and pry for answers.

So I met Pat Burrell and Cody Ross at a bar in the Marina last night. Was disappointed that they were drinking Bud Lights and surprised to see them step outside for a smoke.

Interesting convo:

Dont know why Cody needs 3 weeks, dude was walking around without any noticable limp but I wasnt going to be a prick and pry for answers.

I'm going to Opening Day, section 146.

But I'm selling Opening Night tickets and also the Sunday game.

I'm going to Opening Day, section 146.

But I'm selling Opening Night tickets and also the Sunday game.

Originally Posted by What up

Interesting convo:

We need to party together.

First shot is on me.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by What up

Interesting convo:

We need to party together.

First shot is on me.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by EZLN1

I only got 3 (I was kinda picky....didnt need to get scrubs).  I got Ian Kinsler, Brandon Belt and Gaylord Perry.  A fellow Giants fan autographblocked me from getting Josh Hamilton's today.  Never wanted to punch a Giants fan in the face as bad as I did today.  I was absolutely livid.

Originally Posted by EZLN1

I only got 3 (I was kinda picky....didnt need to get scrubs).  I got Ian Kinsler, Brandon Belt and Gaylord Perry.  A fellow Giants fan autographblocked me from getting Josh Hamilton's today.  Never wanted to punch a Giants fan in the face as bad as I did today.  I was absolutely livid.

Back
Top Bottom