Official 2011 NFL Draft Thead Vol. Lions winning.... Niners losing...

Main reason for Rodgers' fall was that teams didn't need a QB that much after the 49ers at #1, they were still foolish to take Alex Smith, you have no idea how much I wanted them to take Aaron Rodgers. GB was very smart to pick him up. Alex Smith was put in a bad situation, but A-Rod has shown he can produce even with a crappy line. At the end of the day, either you have it or you don't, and Mike Nolan set the 49ers franchise back 5 years with that decision.
30t6p3b.gif

Since Rodgers, Tedford has had QB bums such as Kevin Riley, Brock Mansion, Joe Ayoob
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
, and Nate Longshore (the only "decent" QB of the bunch, it's sad when he's the best one we've had). So QB guru, he is not. Cal does have great RBs however.
pimp.gif

I'm down for a mock, I'll take the 49ers.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by acidicality

pimp.gif

Are we doing one? I would have liked the Niners but if not I'll gladly take the Pats and their 2 #1s.

pimp.gif

Are we doing one? I would have liked the Niners but if not I'll gladly take the Pats and their 2 #1s.

Originally Posted by KingJames23

pimp.gif

sorry...pats have been taken
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

pimp.gif

laugh.gif

How the $#@+ are these teams being taken? I've been in this thread and didn't even know it was happening
laugh.gif

The Browns?

pimp.gif

laugh.gif

How the $#@+ are these teams being taken? I've been in this thread and didn't even know it was happening
laugh.gif

The Browns?

pimp.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

The Browns?

doin a mock!? i got the dolphins if they aren't takin.

pimp.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

The Browns?

doin a mock!? i got the dolphins if they aren't takin.

Originally Posted by Statis22

Cam is way more raw as a passer than Gabbert.
No way man. Gabbert leaves the pocket wether there is pressure or not and he constantly is throwing off his back foot and makes alot of his plays after the play has broken down. He is one of the most talented QB's in this class but he is RAW. A lot of Cams runs were DESIGNED because when a pass is called he does what he is suppose to do.

Originally Posted by Statis22

No way man. Gabbert leaves the pocket wether there is pressure or not and he constantly is throwing off his back foot and makes alot of his plays after the play has broken down. He is one of the most talented QB's in this class but he is RAW. A lot of Cams runs were DESIGNED because when a pass is called he does what he is suppose to do.

im not a Gabbert fan. He's more of a system QB than Chase Daniel was. How does he only end up with 16 TD passes in that system... how?

He's not a winner either. He looks the part but doesnt play the part

im not a Gabbert fan. He's more of a system QB than Chase Daniel was. How does he only end up with 16 TD passes in that system... how?

Originally Posted by theone2401

Statis22 wrote:

The fact that Cam had a lot of designed runs is a huge flaw, his learning curve is so steep. As are all QBs from a spread option system (add in the no huddle). The system dictates a lot of looks that he will never see in the NFL. He gets a lot of fire blitzes, cover 1, and spies. He's pretty much starting at the bottom in terms of decision making based on reading a defense. (Personally I could never draft a QB from a spread option system, and I would be reluctant to draft from a spread system but the number of teams running the spread dictates that you'd have to). To go with mechanical issues I believe he has, and you have an extremely raw passer. Cam has arguably the most upside of any QB in this class though.

This is an awful QB draft, these guys have great potential but they all have serious bust potential.

Statis22 wrote:

The fact that Cam had a lot of designed runs is a huge flaw, his learning curve is so steep. As are all QBs from a spread option system (add in the no huddle). The system dictates a lot of looks that he will never see in the NFL. He gets a lot of fire blitzes, cover 1, and spies. He's pretty much starting at the bottom in terms of decision making based on reading a defense. (Personally I could never draft a QB from a spread option system, and I would be reluctant to draft from a spread system but the number of teams running the spread dictates that you'd have to). To go with mechanical issues I believe he has, and you have an extremely raw passer. Cam has arguably the most upside of any QB in this class though.

This is an awful QB draft, these guys have great potential but they all have serious bust potential.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

i agree with this.
he has the tools.... he looks good on paper (not to me).

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

i agree with this.
he has the tools.... he looks good on paper (not to me).

Statis22 wrote:

The fact that Cam had a lot of designed runs is a huge flaw, his learning curve is so steep. As are all QBs from a spread option system. The system dictates a lot of looks that he will never see in the NFL. He gets a lot of fire blitzes, cover 1, and spies. He's pretty much starting at the bottom in terms of decision making based on reading a defense. To go with mechanical issues I believe he has, and you have an extremely raw passer. Cam has arguably the most upside of any QB in this class though.

I agree with you but Cam shows a feel for the passing game that Gabbert doesnt show. Cam ran that O to perfection as flawed as it is. Gabbert looks like a chicken with his head cut off... (HYPERBOLE) 

Statis22 wrote:

The fact that Cam had a lot of designed runs is a huge flaw, his learning curve is so steep. As are all QBs from a spread option system. The system dictates a lot of looks that he will never see in the NFL. He gets a lot of fire blitzes, cover 1, and spies. He's pretty much starting at the bottom in terms of decision making based on reading a defense. To go with mechanical issues I believe he has, and you have an extremely raw passer. Cam has arguably the most upside of any QB in this class though.

I agree with you but Cam shows a feel for the passing game that Gabbert doesnt show. Cam ran that O to perfection as flawed as it is. Gabbert looks like a chicken with his head cut off... (HYPERBOLE) 

Back
Top Bottom