Official 2011 NBA Finals Thread: Dallas Mavericks are the 2011 NBA Champions. VOL: KidDirk get rings

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Originally Posted by I AM THAT DUDE

I just had tickets for the Sunday game in Dallas in my cart but gave them up to search again and try to get some cheaper ones and it gave me some more expensive ones, so I gave them up. I should have kept and flipped though. The prices on stubhub resale right now are highway robbery

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Ebay will be cheaper though. I went to Game 1 versus OKC for less than face value.
Thats OKC though...this will be a much harder ticket with it being the Finals AND against the Heat

I just had tickets for the Sunday game in Dallas in my cart but gave them up to search again and try to get some cheaper ones and it gave me some more expensive ones, so I gave them up. I should have kept and flipped though. The prices on stubhub resale right now are highway robbery

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Ebay will be cheaper though. I went to Game 1 versus OKC for less than face value.
Thats OKC though...this will be a much harder ticket with it being the Finals AND against the Heat

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Yeah I just went and checked, the same seats I've sat in all playoffs are $1300 a pop
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Yeah I just went and checked, the same seats I've sat in all playoffs are $1300 a pop
frown.gif

serious question guys

how much do you think courtside seats would be in dallas?

and

wheres the best place to get'em?

help me out here

this is gonna be epic

serious question guys

how much do you think courtside seats would be in dallas?

and

wheres the best place to get'em?

help me out here

this is gonna be epic

lottery was trash. by the time i got to the window. all they had was standing room only for 225
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

the 30$ cheap seats already going for 320 on stub hub
$$#+ ill watch at home
indifferent.gif

lottery was trash. by the time i got to the window. all they had was standing room only for 225
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

$$#+ ill watch at home
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by AlexGod

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

$$#+ ill watch at home
indifferent.gif

30t6p3b.gif

If I was in town I would have been right down there with you.

Originally Posted by AlexGod

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

$$#+ ill watch at home
indifferent.gif

30t6p3b.gif

If I was in town I would have been right down there with you.

1) OKC averaged around 29-30 ft attempts vs the mavs in the last round. that was vs westbrook/harden/durant. let's just say bron/wade will both get 10+ ft each. and miami will get around 40ft attempts per game. and i'm sure they'll shoot around 45%+ vs this mavs defense that allowed OKC to slice through the paint at will.

2) and dallas will NOT keep up this offensive efficiency vs the heat defense. the defenses they have faced in the west playoffs, none are top 7 in the reg season. i doubt they would produce the same efficiency if they had to play boston and chicago over a 7 game series

miami in 5 or 6. it'll be frustrating for dallas again when they see bron/wade going to the line every trip down the court.

1) OKC averaged around 29-30 ft attempts vs the mavs in the last round. that was vs westbrook/harden/durant. let's just say bron/wade will both get 10+ ft each. and miami will get around 40ft attempts per game. and i'm sure they'll shoot around 45%+ vs this mavs defense that allowed OKC to slice through the paint at will.

2) and dallas will NOT keep up this offensive efficiency vs the heat defense. the defenses they have faced in the west playoffs, none are top 7 in the reg season. i doubt they would produce the same efficiency if they had to play boston and chicago over a 7 game series

miami in 5 or 6. it'll be frustrating for dallas again when they see bron/wade going to the line every trip down the court.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Yeah I just rewatched all of Dirks possessions against Miami during the regular season, Bosh is without question the best option, Joel and Zydrunas were toast, Bosh always kept him in front of him, Joel (who is an overrated on the ball defender) Dirk just shot over him, Z he just went by. Bosh forced him to the one footed thing quite a bit and obviously Dirk still got his points they held him to about 40% shooting. Bosh is 6-11 with 7-5 wing span if he can't gaurd at least impede dirk somewhat then it really doesn't matter who you put on him, I just leave him on an island with Dirk and roll the dice.

Dirk did have success running Bosh through screens though so I expect to see more of that, also they never once tried Lebron on him, I wouldn't Lebron is too aggressive and I feel those types defenders Dirk just going to get them in foul trouble, only in a last ditch effort would I resort to LeBron on him.
Exactly. It's our strong point. Their best chance against Dirk is Bosh, without a doubt. He's tall, he has length, and he has a little bit of speed. But we need to utilize that pick and roll well until they can figure it out. Especially with Kidd, not just JET. If Wade is on JET on the pick & roll I feel like Wade won't be stupid enough to get caught up, but Bibby or Chalmers might. Kidd is crafty enough to not turn it over on a simple pick and roll or pick & pop.

And yeah, LeBron on Dirk is a bad idea. The only thing LeBron has against Dirk that Dirk HASN'T seen yet is athleticism, but you can be one of the best athletes in the world, you won't stop Dirk. You see any guy that's ever given Dirk trouble recently, it's big guys like Collison who just bully his %@! around. LeBron was great against Rose, but he had about a 2 ft advantage on dude. LeBron is stronger than Dirk, sure, but Dirk could back him down.

You watch someone like Serge Ibaka guard and you realize how hard it is. Serge has just about every advantage on Dirk. He's younger, quicker, stronger, almost as tall, has the wingspang, but Dirk DOMINATED him. This is Serge Iblocka we're talking about, a touted great shot-blocker, but as an on-ball defender against Dirk? He looked like Blake Griffin out there.

Bosh has the best advantage, anytime he's not out there on the floor and Dirk is, it's going to be a disadvantage. But same could be said when LeBron is in the game and Marion isn't, that's why I want to see dude logging at least 32-35 MPG in the Finals, we need him.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Yeah I just rewatched all of Dirks possessions against Miami during the regular season, Bosh is without question the best option, Joel and Zydrunas were toast, Bosh always kept him in front of him, Joel (who is an overrated on the ball defender) Dirk just shot over him, Z he just went by. Bosh forced him to the one footed thing quite a bit and obviously Dirk still got his points they held him to about 40% shooting. Bosh is 6-11 with 7-5 wing span if he can't gaurd at least impede dirk somewhat then it really doesn't matter who you put on him, I just leave him on an island with Dirk and roll the dice.

Dirk did have success running Bosh through screens though so I expect to see more of that, also they never once tried Lebron on him, I wouldn't Lebron is too aggressive and I feel those types defenders Dirk just going to get them in foul trouble, only in a last ditch effort would I resort to LeBron on him.
Exactly. It's our strong point. Their best chance against Dirk is Bosh, without a doubt. He's tall, he has length, and he has a little bit of speed. But we need to utilize that pick and roll well until they can figure it out. Especially with Kidd, not just JET. If Wade is on JET on the pick & roll I feel like Wade won't be stupid enough to get caught up, but Bibby or Chalmers might. Kidd is crafty enough to not turn it over on a simple pick and roll or pick & pop.

And yeah, LeBron on Dirk is a bad idea. The only thing LeBron has against Dirk that Dirk HASN'T seen yet is athleticism, but you can be one of the best athletes in the world, you won't stop Dirk. You see any guy that's ever given Dirk trouble recently, it's big guys like Collison who just bully his %@! around. LeBron was great against Rose, but he had about a 2 ft advantage on dude. LeBron is stronger than Dirk, sure, but Dirk could back him down.

You watch someone like Serge Ibaka guard and you realize how hard it is. Serge has just about every advantage on Dirk. He's younger, quicker, stronger, almost as tall, has the wingspang, but Dirk DOMINATED him. This is Serge Iblocka we're talking about, a touted great shot-blocker, but as an on-ball defender against Dirk? He looked like Blake Griffin out there.

Bosh has the best advantage, anytime he's not out there on the floor and Dirk is, it's going to be a disadvantage. But same could be said when LeBron is in the game and Marion isn't, that's why I want to see dude logging at least 32-35 MPG in the Finals, we need him.

In each Miami game this year, DeShawn Stevenson had a of +16.

That's against the Heat starters. But that was also with Caron in the starting five each time.

In each Miami game this year, DeShawn Stevenson had a of +16.

That's against the Heat starters. But that was also with Caron in the starting five each time.

Back
Top Bottom