Official 2011 NBA Finals Thread: Dallas Mavericks are the 2011 NBA Champions. VOL: KidDirk get rings

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

We won't miss open shots like that consistently.

I will say this though, Lebron James is the best player in the NBA and has been for a while.
idk

mavs players other than dirk looked intimidated all game
peja and barea were rushing every shot to avoid getting blocked

I thought you guys had a chance cause of the 3 point shooting but if chalmers,wade,miller, and bron are all hitting 3s like that this is a sweep guaranteed

Originally Posted by EvansST

Originally Posted by TheBlackHole76

Wade and Lebron combine for 7 free throw attempts (and only make 4) and Mavs were leading in FTA for most of the game ... and there's STILL complaints about refs. Come on!

Still, though, it's only one game, guys. Miami were crushed by the Bulls in Game 1 and they did quite fine for themselves. This "Dallas can't win" sentiment is grossly exaggerated.

This

Double This

Originally Posted by EvansST

Originally Posted by TheBlackHole76

Wade and Lebron combine for 7 free throw attempts (and only make 4) and Mavs were leading in FTA for most of the game ... and there's STILL complaints about refs. Come on!

Still, though, it's only one game, guys. Miami were crushed by the Bulls in Game 1 and they did quite fine for themselves. This "Dallas can't win" sentiment is grossly exaggerated.

This

Double This

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

We won't miss open shots like that consistently.

I will say this though, Lebron James is the best player in the NBA and has been for a while.
idk

mavs players other than dirk looked intimidated all game
peja and barea were rushing every shot to avoid getting blocked

I thought you guys had a chance cause of the 3 point shooting but if chalmers,wade,miller, and bron are all hitting 3s like that this is a sweep guaranteed

whatever..
30t6p3b.gif
i already got the hint seeing all these miami themed commercials

kidd and terry both cant guard wade, not matter what you say..
marion was the only player i see that played some defense on lebron and wade, but he cant do it by himself.. thats why there is a big 3

kidd and terry both cant guard wade, not matter what you say..
marion was the only player i see that played some defense on lebron and wade, but he cant do it by himself.. thats why there is a big 3

Originally Posted by cruzair13

JT went ghost in the second half.

Refs were okay from what I saw in the second half, but the strip by dirk on bosh was clean...
but Dallas DID shoot more free throws.
If the bench of Dallas steps up, they'll be fine.
Hell nah it was not clean. Dirk did the same thing Chalmers did in the 3rd quarter. Reached and and slapped at the ball. Chalmers hit Dirk's hand/arms &
Dirk hit Bosh's hands. Both times the correct call was made.

JVG is an idiot though he praised Dirk for doing the same thing he got on Chalmers for.

Originally Posted by cruzair13

JT went ghost in the second half.

Refs were okay from what I saw in the second half, but the strip by dirk on bosh was clean...
but Dallas DID shoot more free throws.
If the bench of Dallas steps up, they'll be fine.
Hell nah it was not clean. Dirk did the same thing Chalmers did in the 3rd quarter. Reached and and slapped at the ball. Chalmers hit Dirk's hand/arms &
Dirk hit Bosh's hands. Both times the correct call was made.

JVG is an idiot though he praised Dirk for doing the same thing he got on Chalmers for.

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

whatever..
30t6p3b.gif

Jesus Christ give it a rest.

Don't watch if the outcome is already predetermined.
eyes.gif

I think Kidd did a pretty good job keeping Wade in front of him tonight.

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

whatever..
30t6p3b.gif

Jesus Christ give it a rest.

Don't watch if the outcome is already predetermined.
eyes.gif

I think Kidd did a pretty good job keeping Wade in front of him tonight.

dallas can really pull away in games when they have kid, terry, peja, dirk, chandler in at the same time. the problem there is the weak defense. when they have barea, stevenson, marion, dirk, chandler they can really lock it down. the problem there is weaker offense, especially with all the attention MIA is giving Dirk.

The Mavs and.their shooters, as good as they can be, can also be streaky as hell. You saw it in this game. They were hot in the 1st half and they went ice cold in the 2nd half. Game 4 against the Lakers isn't the norm. Peja has been awful now that teams have started contesting his shots.

Dirk was disappointing as well. Like I said in the other thread about guarding Dirk, the best way to guard him is to keep him off his hot spots - the high post and elbows. When he gets set up there, it sets up his offense as well as the rest of the offense because the Mavs can spread the floor and let Dirk go to work. Very rarely was Dirk able to get there and he was setting up in areas that aren't as comfortable for him and making the passing angles tougher.

dallas can really pull away in games when they have kid, terry, peja, dirk, chandler in at the same time. the problem there is the weak defense. when they have barea, stevenson, marion, dirk, chandler they can really lock it down. the problem there is weaker offense, especially with all the attention MIA is giving Dirk.

The Mavs and.their shooters, as good as they can be, can also be streaky as hell. You saw it in this game. They were hot in the 1st half and they went ice cold in the 2nd half. Game 4 against the Lakers isn't the norm. Peja has been awful now that teams have started contesting his shots.

Dirk was disappointing as well. Like I said in the other thread about guarding Dirk, the best way to guard him is to keep him off his hot spots - the high post and elbows. When he gets set up there, it sets up his offense as well as the rest of the offense because the Mavs can spread the floor and let Dirk go to work. Very rarely was Dirk able to get there and he was setting up in areas that aren't as comfortable for him and making the passing angles tougher.

Back
Top Bottom