OFFICIAL 2011 DODGERS SEASON THREAD [ 79-77 ] : MLB asks for sale of Dodgers

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Originally Posted by bbllplaya23

Lew Wolff for Matt Kemp?
laugh.gif
JP, but damn I wish we went after Kemp instead of DeJesus.
30t6p3b.gif
I'm sure the A's front office would've liked that, too bad Kemp was never available.
I thought they were willing to deal him because he had a down year? Maybe I'm trippin, my bad.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

Originally Posted by briannnnn

Just writing to comment on those Brooklyn Dodgers throwbacks. Seems like most people loved them while some didn't. I thought they looked pretty nice.

pimp.gif
at Vin Scully reminiscing. Those blue jerseys were actually satin AND were designed to be worn specifically for night games back when nighttime baseball was a new gimmick in the 1940s. Anyone else catch him saying how much he liked the 1940s big band era music being played instead of the "current" music?
laugh.gif

Those Braves throwbacks looked beautiful too. That sleeve logo...
pimp.gif

The Dodgers' opponents for the next 5 (?) Throwback Thursday games are gonna be in throwbacks too.
pimp.gif
I liked them but not the pants too baggy. The braves sleeve logo was
pimp.gif
Apparently the Braves broadcasters were complaining about the length of the sleeves, thinking it might have been a disadvantage for Jurrjens on the mound

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

Originally Posted by briannnnn

Just writing to comment on those Brooklyn Dodgers throwbacks. Seems like most people loved them while some didn't. I thought they looked pretty nice.

pimp.gif
at Vin Scully reminiscing. Those blue jerseys were actually satin AND were designed to be worn specifically for night games back when nighttime baseball was a new gimmick in the 1940s. Anyone else catch him saying how much he liked the 1940s big band era music being played instead of the "current" music?
laugh.gif

Those Braves throwbacks looked beautiful too. That sleeve logo...
pimp.gif

The Dodgers' opponents for the next 5 (?) Throwback Thursday games are gonna be in throwbacks too.
pimp.gif
I liked them but not the pants too baggy. The braves sleeve logo was
pimp.gif
Apparently the Braves broadcasters were complaining about the length of the sleeves, thinking it might have been a disadvantage for Jurrjens on the mound

I know how much you guys loved Russell.
laugh.gif

I was gonna call him that anyway if he started off as poorly as he finished with the Dodgers. His production at the plate has been a real surprise.

And as a bonus: Yankees broadcaster John Sterling's HR call for Martin.  I was shfilshfishfishf
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
when I first heard it while driving:

I know how much you guys loved Russell.
laugh.gif

I was gonna call him that anyway if he started off as poorly as he finished with the Dodgers. His production at the plate has been a real surprise.

And as a bonus: Yankees broadcaster John Sterling's HR call for Martin.  I was shfilshfishfishf
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
when I first heard it while driving:

I was actually a fan of Russ, and still thought he was our best option.

I appreciate what Barajas did in his short time here last fall, but Barajas is a career backup at best.

I'm surprised that he has been producing the way he has, different league, hitters parks, etc.

I was actually a fan of Russ, and still thought he was our best option.

I appreciate what Barajas did in his short time here last fall, but Barajas is a career backup at best.

I'm surprised that he has been producing the way he has, different league, hitters parks, etc.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

MOTHER +#%+ ING WOW
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-0422-dodgers-fox-20110422,0,682794.story

McCourt told Fox representatives that Time Warner was ready and willing to assist him with his financial problems, according to two people with knowledge of the situation but not authorized to speak publicly. Time Warner also was ready to offer a full sponsorship package that included naming rights for Dodger Stadium.

I was heated when people first brought up naming rights bs and all that.  But then I thought about.  It will always be Dodger Stadium.  No matter what it might say on the sign in front, it's still Dodger stadium.  I've been going to Dodgers games for 30+ years.  It's Dodger Stadium.
As rabid as the Dodgers fan base is, no true fan would call it anything else...

-J-

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

MOTHER +#%+ ING WOW
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-0422-dodgers-fox-20110422,0,682794.story

McCourt told Fox representatives that Time Warner was ready and willing to assist him with his financial problems, according to two people with knowledge of the situation but not authorized to speak publicly. Time Warner also was ready to offer a full sponsorship package that included naming rights for Dodger Stadium.

I was heated when people first brought up naming rights bs and all that.  But then I thought about.  It will always be Dodger Stadium.  No matter what it might say on the sign in front, it's still Dodger stadium.  I've been going to Dodgers games for 30+ years.  It's Dodger Stadium.
As rabid as the Dodgers fan base is, no true fan would call it anything else...

-J-

Depending on how much money it would be worth, and how that money will be spent (think Pujols or Fielder, not swimming pools), I wouldn't be opposed to them selling rights for the Ravine as a whole. Can't change the Stadium name, IMO.

edit: to be fair, it does say that TWC was ready to offer, not that Frank was going to solicit. If he wanted to sell naming rights, he would've done it already (or tried, only to be tarred and feathered in his 1st row seat during the 2nd inning of a game)

Depending on how much money it would be worth, and how that money will be spent (think Pujols or Fielder, not swimming pools), I wouldn't be opposed to them selling rights for the Ravine as a whole. Can't change the Stadium name, IMO.

edit: to be fair, it does say that TWC was ready to offer, not that Frank was going to solicit. If he wanted to sell naming rights, he would've done it already (or tried, only to be tarred and feathered in his 1st row seat during the 2nd inning of a game)

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

This is how I feel, but this is McCourt which made my blood boil as soon as I read this.
As JBug said, it'll always be Dodger Stadium, the damn facility has been around for 49 years without any corporate name attached to it.

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

This is how I feel, but this is McCourt which made my blood boil as soon as I read this.
As JBug said, it'll always be Dodger Stadium, the damn facility has been around for 49 years without any corporate name attached to it.

hey P MAC n 562 nice reads
i dont like the fact that fox is doin some seemingly underhanded things by giving mccourt that loan i feel it will bite the dodgers in the ### in the long run, but it may also strengthen MLBs argument if mccourt takes it to the box. i feel bad for the dodgers i mean my team is looking real bad right now (excluding the last couple of wins) n the owners dont even care but i believe in karma so theyll get theirs some day hopefully soon
o n it will ALWAYS be dodger stadium
pimp.gif

hey P MAC n 562 nice reads
i dont like the fact that fox is doin some seemingly underhanded things by giving mccourt that loan i feel it will bite the dodgers in the ### in the long run, but it may also strengthen MLBs argument if mccourt takes it to the box. i feel bad for the dodgers i mean my team is looking real bad right now (excluding the last couple of wins) n the owners dont even care but i believe in karma so theyll get theirs some day hopefully soon
o n it will ALWAYS be dodger stadium
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom