OFFICIAL 2011 DODGERS SEASON THREAD [ 79-77 ] : MLB asks for sale of Dodgers

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

New survey time!!!!
laugh.gif

You got the email too?  
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

laugh.gif
i didn't get the survey. Somebody post it.

http://survey-mlb.com/Surveyor2/Default.aspx?c_id=LA&sid=3111836
Frank McCourt has been offered $1.2 billion to sell the Dodgers, The Times has learned.

The bid is headed by Los Angeles Marathon founder Bill Burke and funded in part by Chinese investors, according to a letter sent to McCourt on Tuesday. The letter was disclosed to The Times by two people familiar with its content but not authorized to discuss it publicly.

The proposed sale price would set a record for a Major League Baseball team.

In a brief telephone interview, Burke declined to discuss the bid.

"I have no comment at this time," Burke said.

It is uncertain whether the embattled Dodgers owner is receptive to the offer. McCourt has said that he had no interest in selling the Dodgers and that he intended to remain the owner after the team emerges from bankruptcy protection.

Steve Sugerman, a spokesman for McCourt, declined comment on whether McCourt had received the letter and whether he would consider selling the team.

eek.gif

After having just under a day thinking about this whole offer... I don't want it sold to them
laugh.gif

We had a huge owner in FOX, and what did it amount to?

Xie Xie China, but no Xie Xie

HOPEFULLY though, others will open up to entering bids, no matter what McC and his crack team say about not entertaining offers.

HOPEFULLY though, others will open up to entering bids, no matter what McC and his crack team say about not entertaining offers.

I think it's only a matter of time, but there are some conservative bidders that don't want to put their foot in their mouth. 
562, can you make it worth my while and update the team record in the title, I think .500 is feasible this coming week.  
pimp.gif

you guys are so god damn picky

Bill Burke is the headman of the offer and backing from american and chinese investors. you guys act like the offer came from a dude that lives in china and knows nothing about baseball.

You call it picky, I call it learning from past @@@% ups

12Colorado Rockies64730.46717.0
13Los Angeles Dodgers66700.48519.5

indifferent.gif

You call it picky, I call it learning from past @@@% ups

12Colorado Rockies64730.46717.0
13Los Angeles Dodgers66700.48519.5

indifferent.gif

Where'd you get those standings from ?  
laugh.gif
laugh.gif