Official 2011-2012 Dallas Mavericks Thread (31-26) Vol: Take a Hike Odom

Terry was hot trash and was benched appropriately. I'm kind of shocked that Roddy didn't get more burn, he played great in the first half, but West got most of the minutes in the second half. Odom starting to play much better on offense, but still a step behind on defense. Wright proving that he needs time in the rotation, and he's surpassed Ian IMO. I thought he would this season, and I'm glad. Delonte's stats are a little deflated because he had to force a lot of shots late in the shot clock, nothing he could have done about that. If Dirk isn't the player of the game, Carter is. Great shooting, got team involved, decent D, all effort from that man tonight. It's no coincidence that both he and Dirk had the best 's of the night at +16 and +12 respectively.

Terry slumping bad...smh

got the win, that's what counts.

Wright had a solid game, is Lamar Odom ever gonna get his @#* together?

VC has been the biggest bright spot all season.

Lamar had a decent game, he just hadn't put it together on defense. One of his misses should've counted, as it was goaltended.

Terry been down the past three games, the games that Dirk has been great.
laugh.gif

They'll get it going, I'm not worried about either of those two guys.

Wright needs more minutes......the guy brings so much energy on both ends of the floor.

VC has been great so far. He drives the lane, gets other players involved on offense, and plays more than moderate defense.

Hopefully we can rack up some wins while dirk has somewhat of his game back.

Let's get some discussion in here, how would you rank the top 10 Mavericks of all-time?

A few years ago, we probably wouldn't have included JET, but I think he has deserved his spot somewhere.

IMO....

1) Dirk
2) Ro
3) Nash
4) Kidd
5) Aguirre
6) Harp
7) JET
glasses.gif
Brad
9) Fin
10) Perkins

I had a difficult time outside of the Top-2, because all of those guys were a big part of the franchise, but distinguishing between them was hard. Aguirre, Harp, and Brad were hard to gauge because I've seen maybe a dozen games of theirs in total, but just basing on what they did for the franchise, tenure, and stats, I did what I thought was right.

I was torn between Perkins and Dampier for the 10th spot.

laugh.gif

Really though, Donaldson is the only other guy that I thought of that I omitted.

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Look man JET is at worst a top 5 Mav of all time.

I think he is the second greatest.
Top five? Ahead of Ro? I wouldn't go that far.

I ain't the kind of guy to put him atop a totem pole because he helped us get that ring. He was great, for sure, but Tyson Chandler ain't cracking no all-time Maverick list either.
laugh.gif

You'd have to give me a real good argument to see how JET is a better Maverick than Ro. And I actually might flip-flop Harp and Aguirre while we're at it. If JET finishes his career here at his pace, I can see him maybe being 3rd or 4th best all-time, but as of right now, I think he's just outside of it.

About to make it a clean sweep of you guys for the season?

Jason Kidd said once he comes back, he's going to be one of those guys whose going to play every single game, he doesn't want to take time off. At first I was alarmed when he said he wanted to be an "everyday player," until I realized he meant PLAYING every game. That's fortunate, because our half-court offense has looked VERY stale at times with him out. We've lost more games with him I think, but that will change. He's still the best option this team has at managing a team. Delonte is a better scorer, and Roddy is a better shooter/slasher, but to lead this team, I want Kidd on the floor when it matters, like he was in the Finals.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I was torn between Perkins and Dampier for the 10th spot.

laugh.gif

Really though, Donaldson is the only other guy that I thought of that I omitted.
Read this and almost took you seriously smh

Originally Posted by 214

Wright needs more minutes......the guy brings so much energy on both ends of the floor.

THIS!!!

1. Dirk
2. Ro
3. Kidd
4. JET
5. Aguirre
6. Derek Harper
7. Nash
8. Finley
9. Tarpley
10. Chandler

##@# Brad Davis. That dude is a bum.

Dirk just ran full-speed up-court with the ball, and got the foul call and the goaltend.
roll.gif

I haven't seen that in about 7 years.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

What's with the Brad Davis hate?
laugh.gif

Dude averaged 8.2 ppg and like 4 rpg for his career and his damn jersey is hanging in the rafters. Thats pathetic.

28/7 on 60% shooting past four games, against another great PF tonight! Can't wait. This team is starting to get fun to watch again.

Dirks shot is so clean right now man..
sick.gif

Earlier in the season, a lot of shots were going in and out.

Now?

Net.
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom