**Official 2010 NY knicks pre-season thread** 10/6 vs T-wolves (PARIS) 2PM MSG/NBA TV

I'm kinda heartbroken after last night. I don't thunk we wasted the last two years because I doubt we would have done more than be a 6 seed at best but because I don't really see the light at the end of the tunnel. No pick in 2012 and the worst of the picks in 2011 mean secant get an impact guy in the draft. Maybe we do the while song and dance again next year with Melo, but who knows. I don't know if I could put myself through this in another year.
I love the yankees more than I can express but the Knicks have always meant more to me, and probably all New Yorkers. There is only one basketball team in this city, so it really is New Yorks team. I guess what I'm saying is we deserve to root for a winner again. To feel the Garden rock like it did when it was the most popular place in sports. Don't lose hope because when we do finally win a championship it'll mean that much more.

I'm kinda heartbroken after last night. I don't thunk we wasted the last two years because I doubt we would have done more than be a 6 seed at best but because I don't really see the light at the end of the tunnel. No pick in 2012 and the worst of the picks in 2011 mean secant get an impact guy in the draft. Maybe we do the while song and dance again next year with Melo, but who knows. I don't know if I could put myself through this in another year.
I love the yankees more than I can express but the Knicks have always meant more to me, and probably all New Yorkers. There is only one basketball team in this city, so it really is New Yorks team. I guess what I'm saying is we deserve to root for a winner again. To feel the Garden rock like it did when it was the most popular place in sports. Don't lose hope because when we do finally win a championship it'll mean that much more.

[h1]New York Knicks reach agreement in principle with free agent point guard Raymond Felton[/h1]
BY Frank Isola
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Friday, July 9th 2010, 8:18 PM
Raymond Felton is no Steve Nash, but he is an upgrade over Chris Duhon and he's the point guard the Knicks believe can elevate them into a playoff team.
The Knicks reached an agreement in principle Friday with Felton, the free agent who played five seasons with the Charlotte Bobcats, including the last two under former Knicks coach Larry Brown.

The deal could be finalized as early as Saturday. Three days ago, Duhon signed a free agent contract with Orlando.

Felton's contract is believed to be a three-year deal worth approximately $25 million, which doesn't preclude the Knicks from pursuing Chris Paul or Tony Parker next summer. The Knicks were also considering Luke Ridnour, but felt that Felton was the better player to go along with Amar'e Stoudemire and Danilo Gallinari.

"We talked to (Felton) and we feel like we're close," Walsh said during a conference call to announce the sign-and-trade involving David Lee. "We have no contract right now. Until we get a contract, in my world it's not done."

The 6-1 Felton, an NCAA title winner at North Carolina, averaged 12.1 points and 5.6 assists in 80 games last season for the Bobcats.

The day after the Knicks failed to land LeBron James, they also finalized the sign-and-trade for Stoudemire and acquired forward Anthony Randolph, center/forward Ronny Turiaf and swingman Kelenna Azubuike from Golden State.

Walsh said he is in no rush to add another player but Rasual Butler and Raja Bell, a D'Antoni favorite, are both available - although there is word that Bell could also end up in Miami.

[h1]New York Knicks reach agreement in principle with free agent point guard Raymond Felton[/h1]
BY Frank Isola
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Friday, July 9th 2010, 8:18 PM
Raymond Felton is no Steve Nash, but he is an upgrade over Chris Duhon and he's the point guard the Knicks believe can elevate them into a playoff team.
The Knicks reached an agreement in principle Friday with Felton, the free agent who played five seasons with the Charlotte Bobcats, including the last two under former Knicks coach Larry Brown.

The deal could be finalized as early as Saturday. Three days ago, Duhon signed a free agent contract with Orlando.

Felton's contract is believed to be a three-year deal worth approximately $25 million, which doesn't preclude the Knicks from pursuing Chris Paul or Tony Parker next summer. The Knicks were also considering Luke Ridnour, but felt that Felton was the better player to go along with Amar'e Stoudemire and Danilo Gallinari.

"We talked to (Felton) and we feel like we're close," Walsh said during a conference call to announce the sign-and-trade involving David Lee. "We have no contract right now. Until we get a contract, in my world it's not done."

The 6-1 Felton, an NCAA title winner at North Carolina, averaged 12.1 points and 5.6 assists in 80 games last season for the Bobcats.

The day after the Knicks failed to land LeBron James, they also finalized the sign-and-trade for Stoudemire and acquired forward Anthony Randolph, center/forward Ronny Turiaf and swingman Kelenna Azubuike from Golden State.

Walsh said he is in no rush to add another player but Rasual Butler and Raja Bell, a D'Antoni favorite, are both available - although there is word that Bell could also end up in Miami.

felton got paid
tired.gif

I figured he'd get more considering it was 3 years.

I would say 6/year was a more fair number, but it's 3 years so they had to compromise.

I figured he'd get more considering it was 3 years.

I would say 6/year was a more fair number, but it's 3 years so they had to compromise.

this felton deal is terrible. its short, but WAY overpaid, and im fine with douglas running the show.

Felton's going to be a monster though.

from what ive wrote on the other site.

this felton deal is terrible. its short, but WAY overpaid, and im fine with douglas running the show.

Felton's going to be a monster though.

from what ive wrote on the other site.

Not a knicks fan at all and yall know that
laugh.gif
, but yall will be fun to watch nxt yr & will make the playoffs

Not a knicks fan at all and yall know that
laugh.gif
, but yall will be fun to watch nxt yr & will make the playoffs

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

man i hate these teases and speculation...really tired of it (especially after this Lebron debacle)

x2_1e44c46
x2_1e4343f

Posted on twitter with the message "Discussing the future"

eek.gif
eek.gif
glasses.gif
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
Agreed, Im Not gonna get my hopes up, or atleast try not too...

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

man i hate these teases and speculation...really tired of it (especially after this Lebron debacle)

x2_1e44c46
x2_1e4343f

Posted on twitter with the message "Discussing the future"

eek.gif
eek.gif
glasses.gif
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
Agreed, Im Not gonna get my hopes up, or atleast try not too...

I like Felton, and him coupled with Amar'e makes us a team that might/maybe reach the second round of the playoffs.

I like Felton, and him coupled with Amar'e makes us a team that might/maybe reach the second round of the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom