Official 2010 NY Jets Season Thread 11-5 : this one hurts ............

put this in the off-season thread but I believe this should be posted here too..
So sad. My voice is gone from yelling to much...

But once the minute the final whistle blew, my thoughts were about the draft, FA pickups and what not.

Mike T and the rest of the head office have a lot of work to do especially with the uncertainty of the bargaining agreement.

One thing that will definitely be highlighted this off-season is the contract negotiations for both Braylon Edwards and Santonio Holmes. Braylon mentioned before the Pitt game that he and Holmes talked about staying with the Jets for a long time. However financially, that doesn't seem possible. Mike T is a guru when it comes to the cap, however retaining both players WHILE going out to sign current FA's (ex. Harris) and enter the FA market sounds to far-fetched. Don't want to get into this situation as it is very intricate with all the number crunching but this is what I think we should focus on this offseason.

Personnel:

- Pass Rush. 

(this was definitely a need before the season started however we seemed to hang on through many games due to Rex's exotic blitzes, whether it was sending a couple of DB's or sending unique packages. However, we don't have that one particular outside LB that can pressure the QB at a consistent basis. Jason Taylor will most likely not come back, while the only solid pass rusher we have is Calvin Pace. There have been many times where the QB would stand in the pocket and scan through ALL of his options, so we need a player who can disrupt the pocket on the reg. This is a need.)

- DL depth.

(A Nose Tackle that receives double teams, ala Kris Jenkins before his past two ACL injuries, would help the Jets against the pass but most importantly the run. DE's are a need especially with Shaun Ellis and Trevor Pryce aging, and the fact that though players like Pouha and DeVito are solid players, they're not in fact game changers as well.)

- Sign David Harris. One of the most important pieces in our D. Retain the guy.

... this is off the top of my head. What a sad loss. I really thought we were going to win this game.

put this in the off-season thread but I believe this should be posted here too..
So sad. My voice is gone from yelling to much...

But once the minute the final whistle blew, my thoughts were about the draft, FA pickups and what not.

Mike T and the rest of the head office have a lot of work to do especially with the uncertainty of the bargaining agreement.

One thing that will definitely be highlighted this off-season is the contract negotiations for both Braylon Edwards and Santonio Holmes. Braylon mentioned before the Pitt game that he and Holmes talked about staying with the Jets for a long time. However financially, that doesn't seem possible. Mike T is a guru when it comes to the cap, however retaining both players WHILE going out to sign current FA's (ex. Harris) and enter the FA market sounds to far-fetched. Don't want to get into this situation as it is very intricate with all the number crunching but this is what I think we should focus on this offseason.

Personnel:

- Pass Rush. 

(this was definitely a need before the season started however we seemed to hang on through many games due to Rex's exotic blitzes, whether it was sending a couple of DB's or sending unique packages. However, we don't have that one particular outside LB that can pressure the QB at a consistent basis. Jason Taylor will most likely not come back, while the only solid pass rusher we have is Calvin Pace. There have been many times where the QB would stand in the pocket and scan through ALL of his options, so we need a player who can disrupt the pocket on the reg. This is a need.)

- DL depth.

(A Nose Tackle that receives double teams, ala Kris Jenkins before his past two ACL injuries, would help the Jets against the pass but most importantly the run. DE's are a need especially with Shaun Ellis and Trevor Pryce aging, and the fact that though players like Pouha and DeVito are solid players, they're not in fact game changers as well.)

- Sign David Harris. One of the most important pieces in our D. Retain the guy.

... this is off the top of my head. What a sad loss. I really thought we were going to win this game.

frown.gif

No words bros.

No effin words.

pimp.gif
to everyone of Team Jets that was on for the ride all season long (you know who you are). It sucks the trip had to end now, and the way it happened.

I've come to this conclusion: The New York Jets have me by a chokehold, and I just refuse to tap out. With that said, I'm heading to the off-season thread. See ya there...

pimp.gif
to everyone of Team Jets that was on for the ride all season long (you know who you are). It sucks the trip had to end now, and the way it happened.

I've come to this conclusion: The New York Jets have me by a chokehold, and I just refuse to tap out. With that said, I'm heading to the off-season thread. See ya there...

another year down the drain. i ain't watching the superbowl, done with football .......

all my jets fans, see you guys here in august . for now i'll wait for pitchers and catchers .......

another year down the drain. i ain't watching the superbowl, done with football .......

all my jets fans, see you guys here in august . for now i'll wait for pitchers and catchers .......

Originally Posted by onewearz

for now i'll wait for pitchers and catchers .......
Because the Yankees have had an off-season to remember (or one we would actually rather forget)
frown.gif

Originally Posted by onewearz

for now i'll wait for pitchers and catchers .......
Because the Yankees have had an off-season to remember (or one we would actually rather forget)
frown.gif

here's my closing thoughts.

last year getting to the afc title game no one expected them to win so win or lose they overacheived and it was a great season, this year hurts way more, getting that huge win in new england only to lose the next week. this year the team was better and they had a much better chance getting over the hump this year then last. i can sympathize with how eagles fans must've felt in the early 2000's when they lost all those nfc title games in a row.

the afc is stacked when you got indy, new england, pittsburgh, the jets, baltimore, and possibly even san diego all fighting to come out the afc every year. it's going to be real tough to get back next season, i wouldn't be suprised if next year is a down year when you consider some of the free agent situations as well, i hope im wrong about that part. in the long run the team should be good since a good chunk of it's core guys are signed long term. hopefully the jets draft well in this draft though.

it's tough since new england is in the division but the jets need to eventually start winning the division on a regular basis. new england, pittsburgh, and indy are the most successful teams since 2000, having to only win 2 playoff games to get to the super bowl and having a afc title game at home does wonders. hopefully this team can start winning the division more to get some home playoff games because having to win 3 road playoff games to get to the super bowl every time you make it is an extremely tough task.

here's my closing thoughts.

last year getting to the afc title game no one expected them to win so win or lose they overacheived and it was a great season, this year hurts way more, getting that huge win in new england only to lose the next week. this year the team was better and they had a much better chance getting over the hump this year then last. i can sympathize with how eagles fans must've felt in the early 2000's when they lost all those nfc title games in a row.

the afc is stacked when you got indy, new england, pittsburgh, the jets, baltimore, and possibly even san diego all fighting to come out the afc every year. it's going to be real tough to get back next season, i wouldn't be suprised if next year is a down year when you consider some of the free agent situations as well, i hope im wrong about that part. in the long run the team should be good since a good chunk of it's core guys are signed long term. hopefully the jets draft well in this draft though.

it's tough since new england is in the division but the jets need to eventually start winning the division on a regular basis. new england, pittsburgh, and indy are the most successful teams since 2000, having to only win 2 playoff games to get to the super bowl and having a afc title game at home does wonders. hopefully this team can start winning the division more to get some home playoff games because having to win 3 road playoff games to get to the super bowl every time you make it is an extremely tough task.

Bring back Edwards on Holmes, bring Nnamdi in to replace Cromartie and please draft a pass rusher idc who it is just someone who can get to the QB. To be completely honest i wouldn't be mad if Bart Scott didn't return next season 
ohwell.gif

Bring back Edwards on Holmes, bring Nnamdi in to replace Cromartie and please draft a pass rusher idc who it is just someone who can get to the QB. To be completely honest i wouldn't be mad if Bart Scott didn't return next season 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

ohwell.gif
Nah homie, if you watch Bart Scott he does things outside the stat-line. Filling in his lane, taking away blockers to make others make plays - David Harris or Safeties.
Trust me, he is essential to this D. He's very good against the run.

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

ohwell.gif
Nah homie, if you watch Bart Scott he does things outside the stat-line. Filling in his lane, taking away blockers to make others make plays - David Harris or Safeties.
Trust me, he is essential to this D. He's very good against the run.

Back
Top Bottom