OFFICIAL 2010 LOS ANGELES DODGERS THREAD [79-82] : The losing season

The Dodgers gettin mopped up every which way possible.

Horrible outing by Padilla, Torre left him in an inning too long.
Baserunnin blunder by Russ.
Error from Russ.
No production from our leadoff hitter.

Have a good day guys, I'll pretend opening day starts Wednesday.

4 1/3 IP
7 ER
6 H
3 BB
1 HBP
2 HR

smokin.gif

That's our Ace...Thanks Ned...errr Frank.

Yeah, Padilla struggled - maybe his connections at the border were rattled with the earthquake and had him a little jittery.

His first opening day start at 32 years old, ahh well. He'll be fine.

Will Raffy ever come back around?

I'm at work now
frown.gif

Watching the play by play on Gameday.

Any way to get KABC audio stream online....

I'm taking my @%+ to Target tonight to buy an AM/FM stereo
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

I'm at work now
frown.gif

Watching the play by play on Gameday.

Any way to get KABC audio stream online....

I'm taking my @%+ to Target tonight to buy an AM/FM stereo
laugh.gif

I get impatient with Gameday, i rather listen on the radio, but the thing is, my radio here at work is like 20 years old, so it's all staticky as @%@$. 
laugh.gif

Were we playing the Pirates today or the Phillies? The +@@* happened here.

Overall, horrible horrrrrible. Take a look at this team Frank, then take a look at your bodybuildin ex-wife. You LOST.

No Cliff Lee
No CC Sabathia
No bite from Doc Halladay side

No #1 Ace/Starter to rely on.  

I hope Mr. Kershaw can have a good outingWednesday.  Speaking of, anyone know why the hell they give a day off in between series on opening week?  

Originally Posted by bright nikes

I like the decision to start a vet like Padilla opening on the road and setting the tone.
Nothing against Padilla, but I don't agree with this move.

Looks like he set the tone.....
smh.gif

Looks like he set the tone.....
smh.gif

Opening day was an all around weird day around the MLB.

He was our best option ... I mean ... Frank did open up the wallet shelling out $11M in the off-season for all the needed upgrades ... oh wait.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

game 1 of the year and BN going OD already
laugh.gif
Yeah, you're reaching now. Not a word I said wasn't the truth during game time.

Go get your simp on and go find yourself some tickets
laugh.gif

Heyward has set his expectations at an unreachable height.

I hope i'm seeing Griffey 2.0 . At least I feel that way, and i'm at an age where I can fully grasp it, I was 2 when The Kid made his debut.

He was our best option
grin.gif

We'll agree to disagree then.  An Opening Day start is meaningful, giving it to guy with a checkered past on a one year contract was not a good move.  I guess Padilla bombing this start proved all the doubters right.

This is not an indication of how the season will go and how Padilla will perform.  However, the OD start should have been given to Bills or Kuroda.  I know the "What have you done for me lately?" argument is going to pop up with both, but they are more deserving.  Padilla had a hot September, Bills had a hot first half.  On top of that, Bills is probably going to be in the organization much longer than Padilla.  Plus at age 25 with an All Star Game appearance under his belt, it probably would have been a good time for Torre to show Bills that the team is behind him.

That's my last rant of the day
laugh.gif

Bro, all you have to do is take yourself to the break room and fill out a comment form addressed to Manager Joe Torre in regards to his decision.

I'm sure Torre thought about all you're saying in his head before he gave the nod to Padilla, at the end of the day he thought Padilla was the best option.

Scheduling also factored in, Bills last pitched 2 days ago giving up 6 earned runs and walking five.
sick.gif

If I'm not mistaking Kuroda went in middle relief and looked money, but again that was 2 days ago.

Like I said earlier, opening day starts on Wednesday - Kershaw is on the mound and today is a forgettable day.

happy.gif

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Heyward has set his expectations at an unreachable height.
So many great story lines man.

Heyward living up to the hype.
Lincecum gunning for another CY Young.
The Cubs are once again ... the Cubs.
Halladay? Scary.
Pujols 2 home runs
sick.gif

The NL West looks like it could be tough with the D'backs and Rockies wanting to join the race.

Should be fun.

I didn't catch the game today but wow at the final score. IMO, Torre should have started Bills.

Hey, so did the Dodgers keep G. Anderson? just wondering.

heads up theres a sale on eastbay and they have this nice dodgers varsity jacket for a bill as well as other nice dodger gear

good way to start the season with some new blue!
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom