Official 2010-2011 San Jose Sharks Playoff Thread vs Vancouver Canucks; Vancouver Advances

Originally Posted by offbad

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Too bad Devean George didn't get re-signed. Lin could have learned all there is to know about basketball from Devean. Such an amazing resource.
pimp.gif
Originally Posted by Bob Fitzgerald

The brains of Devean George...that's basketball IQ at its highest
pimp.gif
If Devean and Jeremy are on the same team I think hell would freeze over.
pimp.gif

< --- 5000, would've been quicker if I wasn't banned 
grin.gif

I hope the Giants win tonight - Trying to snap some pics @ the parade if they win.

Originally Posted by anygivensunday

Can anyone tell me why he sits between the coaches on the bench?
laugh.gif

I met and got the chance to talk to Stephen Silas before the Portland preseason game, and he told me that Lin is constantly asking them questions and trying to gain as much knowledge from them as possible.  Says he is really trying to soak in everything about the NBA game.  I havent noticed Lin sitting there on the bench between the coaches, but if I had to guess its to pick the coaches brians and to analyze the game with them with them.  By the way, Silas is one of the nicest dudes in the world. 

I figured that's why and chances are a guy like Curry would be a great mentor but generally in the game 95% of the time, so the assistants is the next best thing. I can't knock him for that, shows great professionalism and desire.

Wow I didn't even know New Era could/still made NBA hats....I'll keep an eye out

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Wow I didn't even know New Era could/still made NBA hats....I'll keep an eye out
so far it's only the new era flagships. i think they ship if you order through the phone

Anyone going to the Giants parade? How early should I get there if I need to be up close (I'm taking pictures, no zoom lens)?

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Anyone going to the Giants parade? How early should I get there if I need to be up close (I'm taking pictures, no zoom lens)?

u gonna be walking along or civic center?

There will be thousands of people at that parade.  Even if you are early, bring a zoom lens in case.

Originally Posted by dont be a menace

u gonna be walking along or civic center?
Which would you suggest? I might just be @ Civic center, assuming that's what my friends would want.
Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

There will be thousands of people at that parade.  Even if you are early, bring a zoom lens in case.
I only own a 17-55mm 2.8 and a 50mm 1.8.

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by anygivensunday

Can anyone tell me why he sits between the coaches on the bench?
laugh.gif

I met and got the chance to talk to Stephen Silas before the Portland preseason game, and he told me that Lin is constantly asking them questions and trying to gain as much knowledge from them as possible.  Says he is really trying to soak in everything about the NBA game.  I havent noticed Lin sitting there on the bench between the coaches, but if I had to guess its to pick the coaches brians and to analyze the game with them with them.  By the way, Silas is one of the nicest dudes in the world. 
This was something I wondered too.  I think the guy will do just fine.  He got props from Smart managing the game while he was on the court, so I think he's slowly improving. 
It was crazy hearing the fans at Oracle go crazy every time he touched the ball though.

i hated how everyone was going crazy every time he touched the ball on friday. they should just let dude play and cheer when he deserves it.

how's curry's status for wednesday?

My take on Lin sitting by the coaches and trying to absorb as much... Sure he's trying to show the coaches that he's trying to pick everything up as soon as possible. He's a harvard guy though, he can probably pick up most of this stuff in half the time that it takes other players on the team. In my opinion he's being smart, realizing that he probably won't be in the league as a player for long but still wants to be a part of the nba in some way...which means he wants to be a coach. He's trying to get the inside track on understanding the game from a coaching perspective. No facts, just my thoughts.

Originally Posted by dont be a menace

i hated how everyone was going crazy every time he touched the ball on friday. they should just let dude play and cheer when he deserves it.

co-sign...i just hope it'll change with time. when people stop cheering him every time he has the ball, is when he'll know he's arrived in the NBA.

McRib is the truth
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom