OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Originally Posted by HOOD17

Originally Posted by bijald0331

30t6p3b.gif
these spurs announcer are annoying. The other guy to Elliot acting like he never saw a basketball game.

(IMO) Worst team announcers in the league:
1. Boston
2. Portland
3. Cleveland- even though bron left I had to watch the wolves game on mute for 4 quarters
4. Spurs
5. Kings
5b. Clippers

Stacey King. End of discussion.
30t6p3b.gif
I watch many basketball games on mute and with music on (provided I'm alone). He made me do it. I liked it so much, I've made it a habit.
EDIT: I hate Stacey King so much that I forget to say happy birthday to everybody.
smokin.gif
laugh.gif
I only like when he acts like a fan and start saying random $%!# when someone gets dunked on.
This i find dude pretty funny
laugh.gif
. He says some of the most random things

Originally Posted by bijald0331

30t6p3b.gif
these spurs announcer are annoying. The other guy to Elliot acting like he never saw a basketball game.

(IMO) Worst team announcers in the league:
1. Boston
2. Portland
3. Cleveland- even though bron left I had to watch the wolves game on mute for 4 quarters
4. Spurs
5. Kings
5b. Clippers

Stacey King. End of discussion.
30t6p3b.gif
I watch many basketball games on mute and with music on (provided I'm alone). He made me do it. I liked it so much, I've made it a habit.
EDIT: I hate Stacey King so much that I forget to say happy birthday to everybody.
smokin.gif
laugh.gif
I only like when he acts like a fan and start saying random $%!# when someone gets dunked on.
This i find dude pretty funny
laugh.gif
. He says some of the most random things

That vid that Nas posted, why the angle look like it's being filmed from a window across the street? 
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

I mean, can I get a close up of the court please? 
laugh.gif

Great ending regardless. 
pimp.gif

And Memphis can go ahead and do away with those jersey's please. 

That vid that Nas posted, why the angle look like it's being filmed from a window across the street? 
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

I mean, can I get a close up of the court please? 
laugh.gif

Great ending regardless. 
pimp.gif

And Memphis can go ahead and do away with those jersey's please. 

http://[h3]
[h3]Bobcats won't change their name[/h3]
9:28AM ET

[h5]Charlotte Bobcats [/h5]

There had been talk about a potential nickname change for the Charlotte Bobcats, but there isn't that much support for the idea.

Rick Bonnell of The Charlotte Observer writes: "As much as some of you would prefer a name change from the Bobcats, that isn't a widespread concern, based on the team's recent market research. Pete Guelli, who heads the Bobcats' marketing, told me the team's recent market study showed no groundswell for a name change."

The fans are happy that Bob Johnson sold the team to Michael Jordan and all they want is for the Bobcats to win.

-- Nick Borges

http://[h3]Grizz not looking to move Mayo[/h3]
9:02AM ET

[h5]O.J. Mayo | Grizzlies [/h5]

UPDATE: The Wolves and Bulls may want to acquire O.J. Mayo, but that is probably not going to happen.

From Ronald Tillery of The Commercial-Appeal: "A well-place Grizzlies source emphatically told me: 'I don't see any of that happening.' Another source said that while no one on the roster is untouchable (with Rudy Gay being an exception), the Grizzlies value Mayo a whole lot more than the trade rumors that have been thrown out. As far as I know the Grizzlies continue to be open to offers for disappointing center Hasheem Thabeet and aren't looking to move Mayo."

Mayo continues to say that he is OK with his role as the sixth man.

"It's no big deal," said Mayo.

-- Nick Borges

----

Now the sixth man for the Grizzlies, O.J. Mayo is one name that's popped up as a possible mover at the trade deadline.

The Bulls have been listed as a possible suitor, as they're looking for an upgrade at the 2.

But according to Ken Berger of CBS Sports, the Wolves are looking to get in the mix for Mayo.

"CBSSports.com has learned that the Wolves plan to make a push to acquire Mayo," he wrote. "Mayo is frustrated coming off the bench in Memphis and 'needs a change,' according to one person familiar with the situation. The Wolves envision Mayo playing in the backcourt next season alongside Ricky Rubio."

Sebastian Telfair is a tradable piece on the Wolves, so it's possible he could be sent back in any such deal -- thought with Mike Conley and Greivis Vasquez already on board at the point, the Grizzlies may not really want him. It's possible the Wolves could also offer back Corey Brewer in any such deal, as he could fill in the gap as a 2 off the bench for the Grizzlies.

-- Ryan Corazza

http://[h3]Miller's role going forward[/h3]
8:43AM ET

[h5]Mike Miller | Heat [/h5]

UPDATE: Eric Spoelstra reiterated on Wednesday that he won't deviate from the plan to ease Miller back into the playing rotation.

"When I met with him (Miller), I told him it'd be about two, three maybe four weeks to figure this out and that's my plan still," Spoelstra told The Miami Herald. "He didn't get in the last two games and it's just because of the flow of the game."

Miller told the newspaper his thumb will probably be sore all season, but "it's nothing I can't play with."

-- Nick Borges

----

Outside of the Big Three (and maybe Udonis Haslem), Mike Miller was seen as one of the most important free-agent addition to the Heat this summer.

But now back from his thumb injury, Miller's playing time has been sporadic in three games. He only saw 1:34 of action against the Lakers on Christmas Day and a touch under four minutes against Dallas last week. (Though, he did see almost 20 minutes of action in a win over the Suns last week as well.)

And as coach Eric Spoelstra explains, Miller's role could be limited for a few more weeks.

"The plan already had been the next two or three weeks it'll be probably slow, as we work him in, and then see how his confidence and comfort level and rhythm go after that. But we'll try to fit him in," Spoelstra said Monday, according to the South Florida Sun Sentinel. "Probably when we do, it'll be a little bit more when we play small and maybe move LeBron [James] or [James Jones] to the four."

Miller has yet to hit a shot (0-for-
glasses.gif
since returning, and with the Heat playing well (winners of 14 of their last 15), the team has the luxury of letting Miller work back in at a slow and steady pace.

Once the playoffs hit and Miller has gained more comfort and confidence, his 3-point shooting ability will give James, Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade a strong option to kick to if defenses are favoring them.

-- Ryan Corazza

http://[h3]Knicks prefer Ridnour over Telfair[/h3]
8:07AM ET

[h5]Sebastian Telfair | Timberwolves [/h5]

UPDATE No. 2: Alan Hahn of Newsday confirms the Knicks and Wolves have talked about Randolph.

According to Hahn, the Knicks would think about a deal for Randolph, if it included Luke Ridnour or a draft pick, instead of Telfair.

-- Nick Borges

----

UPDATE: According to sources speaking to Ken Berger of CBS Sports, the Wolves are coveting Anthony Randolph in return for Telfair.

With Randolph essentially out of the Knicks' rotation, it's possible he could be had. Though, as noted below, the Knicks aren't too hard after Telfair at the moment. It's been reported New York might also use Randolph to acquire a draft pick, which they might use to to try and bolster an offer for Carmelo Anthony.

If the Wolves include a pick in such a Randolph-Telfair swap, it could entice the Knicks to pull the trigger more.

Yet, even with a another draft pick, it's believed they're still a longshot to land Anthony via trade.

---

It's been widely reported the Knicks are after a quality, affordable backup PG behind Raymond Felton.

One name that's popped up is Brooklyn native Sebastian Telfair. Telfair is on an expiring contract, and has fallen down the depth chart for the Timberwolves due to Jonny Flynn coming back off injury.

But while Telfair is on the team's radar, it doesn't appear like New York is hard after him.

"The Knicks and Timberwolves have had talks regarding Telfair, but Knick sources say while Bassy would be serviceable he won't solve their problem and the Knicks are in no hurry to deal for him," reported Steve Kyler of HOOPSWORLD.

A few other point guards on expiring contracts the Knicks could possibly target are http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=87Earl Boykins, http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=2807Ronnie Price or http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=1027Earl Watson.

-- Ryan Corazza

http://[h3]Graham may not lose starting spot[/h3]
7:49AM ET

[h5]Stephen Graham | Nets [/h5]

Stephen Graham has been starting at shooting guard since Anthony Morrow was injured and there's a good chance he won't lose the spot when Morrow returns.

Head coach Avery Johnson likes Graham's ability to defend the opposition's top scorer.

"In his mind, I would be trying to do whatever I can to convince the coach to keep me in the lineup," Johnson told The Star-Ledger about Graham. "Because teams that really have one guy at the two or three they can stick on another team's best perimeter player. That's what the really good teams have."

Morrow is expected to recover from his hamstring injury in about a week.

-- Nick Borges

http://[h3]Aldrich sent to Tulsa[/h3]
7:06AM ET

[h5]Cole Aldrich | Thunder [/h5]

According to The Oklahoman, the Thunder sent rookie center Cole Aldrich to the Tulsa 66ers on Wednesday. The Thunder is back to full strength and the move was made to give Aldrich some game action.

This will be the second time that Aldrich has been sent to the 66ers. NBA teams are allowed to assign players to their D-League affiliate three times during each season.

-- Nick Borges

http://[h3]K.G. suffers a lower leg injury[/h3]
6:57AM ET

[h5]Kevin Garnett | Celtics [/h5]

Kevin Garnett was forced to leave the Celtics' game against the Pistons on Wednesday due to a muscle or ligament injury near his right calf. The injury occurred after he dunked the ball. He will have an MRI on Thursday to determine the severity of the injury.

"I don't think it's bad," head coach Doc Rivers told ESPNBoston.com. "I'm not that concerned. He's going to miss games probably -- I don't know how many -- but I don't think it'll be that long. Listen, it happens."

Jermaine O'Neal and Shaquille O'Neal will have to up their games at both ends of the floor if Garnett misses any time.

"I'm going to step my game up as much as possible for my team," Jermaine O'Neal told The Boston Globe. "This ain't nothing I ain't used to. I've been in this situation before and I've done a good job at it. It helps because I know what to expect. I know what I can do. I know what my limitations are. I know what the team needs me to do out there. I'm not Kevin, but at the same time, I do bring something to the table."

Last season Garnett missed 10 games and the Celtics went 4-6.

-- Nick Borges

http://[h3]Nuggets asked about Love[/h3]
6:35AM ET

[h5]Kevin Love | Timberwolves [/h5]

The Nuggets played the Wolves on Wednesday and head coach George Karl revealed Denver had asked Minnesota in the summer if Kevin Love was available.

"We liked him last year when he was kind of inconsistent," Karl told The Denver Post. "We made inquiries on Kevin Love this summer. (But) we didn't think this. We didn't think he'd make the huge step that he's made from last year to this year. This is incredible."

Were the Nuggets close to getting Love?

"I know he was on our radar screen," said Karl. "I know there were inquiries. In some of the meetings we talked, his name was out there. It never got close, I know that."

-- Nick Borges

http://[h3]Odom ready for old role[/h3]
6:24AM ET

[h5]Lamar Odom | Lakers [/h5]

UPDATE: Odom was moved to the bench for the first time this season on Wednesday when Phil Jackson decided to start Bynum. Odom reiterated that he doesn't have an issue with the decision.

"Some people could have taken it personally," Odom told the Los Angeles Times. "It didn't matter to me."

Odom had been averaging 15.6 points and 9.8 rebounds as a starter.

"I think Lamar saw it coming, knew it was coming," Jackson said. "I thought he kind of was looking over [his shoulder]."

-- Nick Borges

----

Andrew Bynum is currently coming off the bench, but soon head coach Phil Jackson plans on moving him into the starting lineup. Lamar Odom will go back to the sixth-man role and Pau Gasol will shift over to power forward.

"We want Andrew to be in the starting lineup and give us that impact, that size that sometimes is imposing on other teams," Jackson told the Los Angeles Times. "When we function in a running flow, we're probably better with Lamar out there because we have more ballhandlers, but our size and length is pretty daunting with those two [seven-footers] out there."

Odom says he has no problem going back to the bench.

"I knew Andrew would get better and start," Odom said. "Even if I was averaging 35, when Andrew got back I wouldn't be starting."

Odom is averaging 15.7 points and 10 rebounds in 35.3 minutes this season.

-- Nick Borges

http://[h3]Deal for a SG isn't imminent[/h3]
5:50AM ET

[h5]Chicago Bulls [/h5]

The Bulls need an upgrade at the shooting guard position and have been talking to other clubs. A source tells the Chicago Sun-Times that the team is not close to making a deal and that they probably won't do one for a big name.

The biggest issues for the Bulls is trying to match up talent for talent in a trade and the increase in payroll it would bring to the club.

Stephen Jackson's name has been mentioned, but he has $19.2 million remaining on his contract after this season. O.J. Mayo is eligible for an extension of his rookie salary-scale contract next summer and that would increase the payroll in 2012-13.

Bulls point guard Derrick Rose is also eligible for an extension in the summer and he will probably get a deal that's close to a max contract.

Chicago, if they do make a trade, may do a small deal for players like Cleveland's Anthony Parker or Daniel Gibson.

-- Nick Borges

http://[h3]Bruised knee sidelines Henry[/h3]
4:38AM ET

[h5]Xavier Henry | Grizzlies [/h5]

Rookie Xavier Henry missed his second consecutive game on Wednesday due to a bruised right knee. He originally hurt the knee last week during practice.

"It's disappointing," Henry told The Commercial-Appeal. "It would be disappointing if I was just sitting on the bench, too. I just want to play. That's all. I just hope in a couple of days that I'll be back."

"My knee went a little further back than it should have," Henry added. "It limits my jumping, my running and my timing. Everything. In time, it'll be alright."

Tony Allen has taken Henry's spot in the starting lineup at shooting guard and will continue in that role until the rookie is ready to play.

Henry hopes he can return Saturday against Utah, but that may be too soon for him to be activated.
[/h3]

http://[h3]
[h3]Bobcats won't change their name[/h3]
9:28AM ET

[h5]Charlotte Bobcats [/h5]

There had been talk about a potential nickname change for the Charlotte Bobcats, but there isn't that much support for the idea.

Rick Bonnell of The Charlotte Observer writes: "As much as some of you would prefer a name change from the Bobcats, that isn't a widespread concern, based on the team's recent market research. Pete Guelli, who heads the Bobcats' marketing, told me the team's recent market study showed no groundswell for a name change."

The fans are happy that Bob Johnson sold the team to Michael Jordan and all they want is for the Bobcats to win.

-- Nick Borges

http://[h3]Grizz not looking to move Mayo[/h3]
9:02AM ET

[h5]O.J. Mayo | Grizzlies [/h5]

UPDATE: The Wolves and Bulls may want to acquire O.J. Mayo, but that is probably not going to happen.

From Ronald Tillery of The Commercial-Appeal: "A well-place Grizzlies source emphatically told me: 'I don't see any of that happening.' Another source said that while no one on the roster is untouchable (with Rudy Gay being an exception), the Grizzlies value Mayo a whole lot more than the trade rumors that have been thrown out. As far as I know the Grizzlies continue to be open to offers for disappointing center Hasheem Thabeet and aren't looking to move Mayo."

Mayo continues to say that he is OK with his role as the sixth man.

"It's no big deal," said Mayo.

-- Nick Borges

----

Now the sixth man for the Grizzlies, O.J. Mayo is one name that's popped up as a possible mover at the trade deadline.

The Bulls have been listed as a possible suitor, as they're looking for an upgrade at the 2.

But according to Ken Berger of CBS Sports, the Wolves are looking to get in the mix for Mayo.

"CBSSports.com has learned that the Wolves plan to make a push to acquire Mayo," he wrote. "Mayo is frustrated coming off the bench in Memphis and 'needs a change,' according to one person familiar with the situation. The Wolves envision Mayo playing in the backcourt next season alongside Ricky Rubio."

Sebastian Telfair is a tradable piece on the Wolves, so it's possible he could be sent back in any such deal -- thought with Mike Conley and Greivis Vasquez already on board at the point, the Grizzlies may not really want him. It's possible the Wolves could also offer back Corey Brewer in any such deal, as he could fill in the gap as a 2 off the bench for the Grizzlies.

-- Ryan Corazza

http://[h3]Miller's role going forward[/h3]
8:43AM ET

[h5]Mike Miller | Heat [/h5]

UPDATE: Eric Spoelstra reiterated on Wednesday that he won't deviate from the plan to ease Miller back into the playing rotation.

"When I met with him (Miller), I told him it'd be about two, three maybe four weeks to figure this out and that's my plan still," Spoelstra told The Miami Herald. "He didn't get in the last two games and it's just because of the flow of the game."

Miller told the newspaper his thumb will probably be sore all season, but "it's nothing I can't play with."

-- Nick Borges

----

Outside of the Big Three (and maybe Udonis Haslem), Mike Miller was seen as one of the most important free-agent addition to the Heat this summer.

But now back from his thumb injury, Miller's playing time has been sporadic in three games. He only saw 1:34 of action against the Lakers on Christmas Day and a touch under four minutes against Dallas last week. (Though, he did see almost 20 minutes of action in a win over the Suns last week as well.)

And as coach Eric Spoelstra explains, Miller's role could be limited for a few more weeks.

"The plan already had been the next two or three weeks it'll be probably slow, as we work him in, and then see how his confidence and comfort level and rhythm go after that. But we'll try to fit him in," Spoelstra said Monday, according to the South Florida Sun Sentinel. "Probably when we do, it'll be a little bit more when we play small and maybe move LeBron [James] or [James Jones] to the four."

Miller has yet to hit a shot (0-for-
glasses.gif
since returning, and with the Heat playing well (winners of 14 of their last 15), the team has the luxury of letting Miller work back in at a slow and steady pace.

Once the playoffs hit and Miller has gained more comfort and confidence, his 3-point shooting ability will give James, Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade a strong option to kick to if defenses are favoring them.

-- Ryan Corazza

http://[h3]Knicks prefer Ridnour over Telfair[/h3]
8:07AM ET

[h5]Sebastian Telfair | Timberwolves [/h5]

UPDATE No. 2: Alan Hahn of Newsday confirms the Knicks and Wolves have talked about Randolph.

According to Hahn, the Knicks would think about a deal for Randolph, if it included Luke Ridnour or a draft pick, instead of Telfair.

-- Nick Borges

----

UPDATE: According to sources speaking to Ken Berger of CBS Sports, the Wolves are coveting Anthony Randolph in return for Telfair.

With Randolph essentially out of the Knicks' rotation, it's possible he could be had. Though, as noted below, the Knicks aren't too hard after Telfair at the moment. It's been reported New York might also use Randolph to acquire a draft pick, which they might use to to try and bolster an offer for Carmelo Anthony.

If the Wolves include a pick in such a Randolph-Telfair swap, it could entice the Knicks to pull the trigger more.

Yet, even with a another draft pick, it's believed they're still a longshot to land Anthony via trade.

---

It's been widely reported the Knicks are after a quality, affordable backup PG behind Raymond Felton.

One name that's popped up is Brooklyn native Sebastian Telfair. Telfair is on an expiring contract, and has fallen down the depth chart for the Timberwolves due to Jonny Flynn coming back off injury.

But while Telfair is on the team's radar, it doesn't appear like New York is hard after him.

"The Knicks and Timberwolves have had talks regarding Telfair, but Knick sources say while Bassy would be serviceable he won't solve their problem and the Knicks are in no hurry to deal for him," reported Steve Kyler of HOOPSWORLD.

A few other point guards on expiring contracts the Knicks could possibly target are http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=87Earl Boykins, http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=2807Ronnie Price or http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=1027Earl Watson.

-- Ryan Corazza

http://[h3]Graham may not lose starting spot[/h3]
7:49AM ET

[h5]Stephen Graham | Nets [/h5]

Stephen Graham has been starting at shooting guard since Anthony Morrow was injured and there's a good chance he won't lose the spot when Morrow returns.

Head coach Avery Johnson likes Graham's ability to defend the opposition's top scorer.

"In his mind, I would be trying to do whatever I can to convince the coach to keep me in the lineup," Johnson told The Star-Ledger about Graham. "Because teams that really have one guy at the two or three they can stick on another team's best perimeter player. That's what the really good teams have."

Morrow is expected to recover from his hamstring injury in about a week.

-- Nick Borges

http://[h3]Aldrich sent to Tulsa[/h3]
7:06AM ET

[h5]Cole Aldrich | Thunder [/h5]

According to The Oklahoman, the Thunder sent rookie center Cole Aldrich to the Tulsa 66ers on Wednesday. The Thunder is back to full strength and the move was made to give Aldrich some game action.

This will be the second time that Aldrich has been sent to the 66ers. NBA teams are allowed to assign players to their D-League affiliate three times during each season.

-- Nick Borges

http://[h3]K.G. suffers a lower leg injury[/h3]
6:57AM ET

[h5]Kevin Garnett | Celtics [/h5]

Kevin Garnett was forced to leave the Celtics' game against the Pistons on Wednesday due to a muscle or ligament injury near his right calf. The injury occurred after he dunked the ball. He will have an MRI on Thursday to determine the severity of the injury.

"I don't think it's bad," head coach Doc Rivers told ESPNBoston.com. "I'm not that concerned. He's going to miss games probably -- I don't know how many -- but I don't think it'll be that long. Listen, it happens."

Jermaine O'Neal and Shaquille O'Neal will have to up their games at both ends of the floor if Garnett misses any time.

"I'm going to step my game up as much as possible for my team," Jermaine O'Neal told The Boston Globe. "This ain't nothing I ain't used to. I've been in this situation before and I've done a good job at it. It helps because I know what to expect. I know what I can do. I know what my limitations are. I know what the team needs me to do out there. I'm not Kevin, but at the same time, I do bring something to the table."

Last season Garnett missed 10 games and the Celtics went 4-6.

-- Nick Borges

http://[h3]Nuggets asked about Love[/h3]
6:35AM ET

[h5]Kevin Love | Timberwolves [/h5]

The Nuggets played the Wolves on Wednesday and head coach George Karl revealed Denver had asked Minnesota in the summer if Kevin Love was available.

"We liked him last year when he was kind of inconsistent," Karl told The Denver Post. "We made inquiries on Kevin Love this summer. (But) we didn't think this. We didn't think he'd make the huge step that he's made from last year to this year. This is incredible."

Were the Nuggets close to getting Love?

"I know he was on our radar screen," said Karl. "I know there were inquiries. In some of the meetings we talked, his name was out there. It never got close, I know that."

-- Nick Borges

http://[h3]Odom ready for old role[/h3]
6:24AM ET

[h5]Lamar Odom | Lakers [/h5]

UPDATE: Odom was moved to the bench for the first time this season on Wednesday when Phil Jackson decided to start Bynum. Odom reiterated that he doesn't have an issue with the decision.

"Some people could have taken it personally," Odom told the Los Angeles Times. "It didn't matter to me."

Odom had been averaging 15.6 points and 9.8 rebounds as a starter.

"I think Lamar saw it coming, knew it was coming," Jackson said. "I thought he kind of was looking over [his shoulder]."

-- Nick Borges

----

Andrew Bynum is currently coming off the bench, but soon head coach Phil Jackson plans on moving him into the starting lineup. Lamar Odom will go back to the sixth-man role and Pau Gasol will shift over to power forward.

"We want Andrew to be in the starting lineup and give us that impact, that size that sometimes is imposing on other teams," Jackson told the Los Angeles Times. "When we function in a running flow, we're probably better with Lamar out there because we have more ballhandlers, but our size and length is pretty daunting with those two [seven-footers] out there."

Odom says he has no problem going back to the bench.

"I knew Andrew would get better and start," Odom said. "Even if I was averaging 35, when Andrew got back I wouldn't be starting."

Odom is averaging 15.7 points and 10 rebounds in 35.3 minutes this season.

-- Nick Borges

http://[h3]Deal for a SG isn't imminent[/h3]
5:50AM ET

[h5]Chicago Bulls [/h5]

The Bulls need an upgrade at the shooting guard position and have been talking to other clubs. A source tells the Chicago Sun-Times that the team is not close to making a deal and that they probably won't do one for a big name.

The biggest issues for the Bulls is trying to match up talent for talent in a trade and the increase in payroll it would bring to the club.

Stephen Jackson's name has been mentioned, but he has $19.2 million remaining on his contract after this season. O.J. Mayo is eligible for an extension of his rookie salary-scale contract next summer and that would increase the payroll in 2012-13.

Bulls point guard Derrick Rose is also eligible for an extension in the summer and he will probably get a deal that's close to a max contract.

Chicago, if they do make a trade, may do a small deal for players like Cleveland's Anthony Parker or Daniel Gibson.

-- Nick Borges

http://[h3]Bruised knee sidelines Henry[/h3]
4:38AM ET

[h5]Xavier Henry | Grizzlies [/h5]

Rookie Xavier Henry missed his second consecutive game on Wednesday due to a bruised right knee. He originally hurt the knee last week during practice.

"It's disappointing," Henry told The Commercial-Appeal. "It would be disappointing if I was just sitting on the bench, too. I just want to play. That's all. I just hope in a couple of days that I'll be back."

"My knee went a little further back than it should have," Henry added. "It limits my jumping, my running and my timing. Everything. In time, it'll be alright."

Tony Allen has taken Henry's spot in the starting lineup at shooting guard and will continue in that role until the rookie is ready to play.

Henry hopes he can return Saturday against Utah, but that may be too soon for him to be activated.
[/h3]

I was watching that grizz/kings game with the sound off because I had company over.. Had the ill
indifferent.gif
face after tyreke hit that shot.. Crazy game tho

I was watching that grizz/kings game with the sound off because I had company over.. Had the ill
indifferent.gif
face after tyreke hit that shot.. Crazy game tho

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

Nuggets missing their entire starting front court (Anthony, Martin & Nenê) and 6th man (Harrington) on a back-to-back on the road, but still pick up a W. Shouldn't have happened, but thank you Minnesota. 
pimp.gif
30t6p3b.gif
stupid turnovers, that game should have been ours.
Yeah, y'all can't let games like that slip away.

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

Nuggets missing their entire starting front court (Anthony, Martin & Nenê) and 6th man (Harrington) on a back-to-back on the road, but still pick up a W. Shouldn't have happened, but thank you Minnesota. 
pimp.gif
30t6p3b.gif
stupid turnovers, that game should have been ours.
Yeah, y'all can't let games like that slip away.

That Kings & Grizziles game was crazy. I thought it was over when Mayo hit that jumper.

Great to see Evan Turner finally make some progress. He played great against the Suns. Hit some big shots for us down the stretch.

That Kings & Grizziles game was crazy. I thought it was over when Mayo hit that jumper.

Great to see Evan Turner finally make some progress. He played great against the Suns. Hit some big shots for us down the stretch.

I was just gonna say that last night was the first time I've seen Evan Turner look like he belongs.

I was just gonna say that last night was the first time I've seen Evan Turner look like he belongs.

After an appropriate cooling-off period surrounding Carmelo Anthony trade talks after the tragic death of his sister, teams are beginning to get a renewed sense of where the Nuggets are strategy-wise. And once again, multiple sources tell CBSSports.com that Denver officials are sending mixed signals and still appear undecided as to whether they're seeking veteran players who can help them now or some combination of cap relief, draft picks and young players.

As a result of what one rival executive referred to as the Nuggets having "overplayed their hand" in negotiations with the Nets, frustrated New Jersey officials are in the process of "substantively" re-evaluating their pursuit of Anthony, a three-time All-Star who has refused to sign a three-year, $65 million extension with the Nuggets.

No one is fully aware of Anthony's mindset after he's missed five games grieving the loss of his sister, Michelle, who died tragically at 38 last week. But with trade demands that another executive described as "too high and unrealistic," the Nuggets run the risk of alienating the team that from the beginning had the most assets to offer -- starting with Derrick Favors, multiple first-round picks and the expiring contract of Troy Murphy.

The Nuggets' outward appearance of indecision could very well be a negotiating tactic, as a person with direct knowledge of Denver's strategy has told CBSSports.com that the team has decided it wants to get young and accumulate draft picks if and when they decide to trade Anthony -- not attempt to tread water with sub-par veteran replacements whose contracts would hinder the team's future flexibility. The other wild card, of course, is Anthony's reluctance to sign an extension with the Nets, which has been confirmed by a person with direct knowledge of his thinking.

In view of their frustration, the Nets have not yet gotten to the point where they're ready to pull all their chips off the table. But it's clear that the Nets are "sick of the whole charade," according to one source and have "backed away," according to another. And with that, we move along to the rest of the final 2010 edition of Post-Ups:

* Exploratory trade talks the Trail Blazers are involved in on multiple fronts hinge on what decision is made with regard to Brandon Roy's short- and long-term health. Team officials already have engaged in internal discussions about trading older players such as Marcus Camby, Andre Miller and Joel Przybilla. Such an avenue would seem to be more likely if it's decided that Roy will miss significantly more than the six games he just sat out due to a bone-on-bone condition in both knees. One scenario involved Miller going to the Bobcats, but those talks took place prior to Charlotte's recent coaching change. The Bobcats now are entering a new evaluation period under coach Paul Silas and have no current interest in straight salary-dump trades. "That's the furthest thing from the truth," one source said. "We want to do basketball deals if we can."

* A person with knowledge of Camby's thinking confirmed a report that the 14-year veteran would indeed contemplate retirement if traded to a rebuilding team. Camby's overwhelming preference is to stay in Portland, and there is "no close second," the person said. But if a trade to a contending team in a city his family would be willing to relocate to were presented, Camby would be open to the idea. The Knicks, who from time to time have expressed interest in bringing Camby back to New York, are one team that would meet the 36-year-old's approval.

* The Rockets have been engaged in trade discussions regarding Yao Ming and his expiring $17.7 million contract, but have been met with underwhelming offers thus far. One rival GM said that's because any team contemplating acquiring Yao would have to do so only for cap relief. "You have to do that with the assumption that he'll never play again," the executive said. The balance of Yao's contract for this season is insured due to his latest foot injury, and thus would provide current savings as well as future cap relief.

* According to Kings GM Geoff Petrie, Tyreke Evans' injury prognosis may not be as bad as it seems. Petrie told CBSSports.com Wednesday that specialists have informed the team that if Evans elects to undergo a laser procedure to resolve plantar fasciitis in his left foot, he could be back as fast as 3-4 weeks -- not the 3-4 months that Evans told reporters after a one-point loss to the Clippers Monday night. In that game, Evans scored 32 points in 40 minutes. On Wednesday night, he hit a 50-foot game-winner to give the Kings a 100-98 victory over Memphis. "He seems to be managing it fairly well right at the moment," Petrie said.

* The December holidays brought an intermission to labor talks, with no substantive negotiation expected until after the New Year. But in recent weeks, at least 10 teams have signed petitions approving decertification -- a tactic that would put the owners' right to lock out the players in legal question. National Basketball Players Association officials plan to continue meeting with teams in January and get further decertification petitions signed. If and when the owners notify players of a lockout at or near the expiration date of the current CBA on July 1, union officials will have the paperwork they need to dissolve the union and challenge the lockout as a violation of antitrust laws. But there are divergent views in the labor-law world on whether decertification is a legitimate tactic. In his most recent public appearance in Memphis earlier this month, commissioner David Stern described it as "a nuclear option. But I'm not sure whether it isn't the nuclear option that falls on the party that launches it."
Source

After an appropriate cooling-off period surrounding Carmelo Anthony trade talks after the tragic death of his sister, teams are beginning to get a renewed sense of where the Nuggets are strategy-wise. And once again, multiple sources tell CBSSports.com that Denver officials are sending mixed signals and still appear undecided as to whether they're seeking veteran players who can help them now or some combination of cap relief, draft picks and young players.

As a result of what one rival executive referred to as the Nuggets having "overplayed their hand" in negotiations with the Nets, frustrated New Jersey officials are in the process of "substantively" re-evaluating their pursuit of Anthony, a three-time All-Star who has refused to sign a three-year, $65 million extension with the Nuggets.

No one is fully aware of Anthony's mindset after he's missed five games grieving the loss of his sister, Michelle, who died tragically at 38 last week. But with trade demands that another executive described as "too high and unrealistic," the Nuggets run the risk of alienating the team that from the beginning had the most assets to offer -- starting with Derrick Favors, multiple first-round picks and the expiring contract of Troy Murphy.

The Nuggets' outward appearance of indecision could very well be a negotiating tactic, as a person with direct knowledge of Denver's strategy has told CBSSports.com that the team has decided it wants to get young and accumulate draft picks if and when they decide to trade Anthony -- not attempt to tread water with sub-par veteran replacements whose contracts would hinder the team's future flexibility. The other wild card, of course, is Anthony's reluctance to sign an extension with the Nets, which has been confirmed by a person with direct knowledge of his thinking.

In view of their frustration, the Nets have not yet gotten to the point where they're ready to pull all their chips off the table. But it's clear that the Nets are "sick of the whole charade," according to one source and have "backed away," according to another. And with that, we move along to the rest of the final 2010 edition of Post-Ups:

* Exploratory trade talks the Trail Blazers are involved in on multiple fronts hinge on what decision is made with regard to Brandon Roy's short- and long-term health. Team officials already have engaged in internal discussions about trading older players such as Marcus Camby, Andre Miller and Joel Przybilla. Such an avenue would seem to be more likely if it's decided that Roy will miss significantly more than the six games he just sat out due to a bone-on-bone condition in both knees. One scenario involved Miller going to the Bobcats, but those talks took place prior to Charlotte's recent coaching change. The Bobcats now are entering a new evaluation period under coach Paul Silas and have no current interest in straight salary-dump trades. "That's the furthest thing from the truth," one source said. "We want to do basketball deals if we can."

* A person with knowledge of Camby's thinking confirmed a report that the 14-year veteran would indeed contemplate retirement if traded to a rebuilding team. Camby's overwhelming preference is to stay in Portland, and there is "no close second," the person said. But if a trade to a contending team in a city his family would be willing to relocate to were presented, Camby would be open to the idea. The Knicks, who from time to time have expressed interest in bringing Camby back to New York, are one team that would meet the 36-year-old's approval.

* The Rockets have been engaged in trade discussions regarding Yao Ming and his expiring $17.7 million contract, but have been met with underwhelming offers thus far. One rival GM said that's because any team contemplating acquiring Yao would have to do so only for cap relief. "You have to do that with the assumption that he'll never play again," the executive said. The balance of Yao's contract for this season is insured due to his latest foot injury, and thus would provide current savings as well as future cap relief.

* According to Kings GM Geoff Petrie, Tyreke Evans' injury prognosis may not be as bad as it seems. Petrie told CBSSports.com Wednesday that specialists have informed the team that if Evans elects to undergo a laser procedure to resolve plantar fasciitis in his left foot, he could be back as fast as 3-4 weeks -- not the 3-4 months that Evans told reporters after a one-point loss to the Clippers Monday night. In that game, Evans scored 32 points in 40 minutes. On Wednesday night, he hit a 50-foot game-winner to give the Kings a 100-98 victory over Memphis. "He seems to be managing it fairly well right at the moment," Petrie said.

* The December holidays brought an intermission to labor talks, with no substantive negotiation expected until after the New Year. But in recent weeks, at least 10 teams have signed petitions approving decertification -- a tactic that would put the owners' right to lock out the players in legal question. National Basketball Players Association officials plan to continue meeting with teams in January and get further decertification petitions signed. If and when the owners notify players of a lockout at or near the expiration date of the current CBA on July 1, union officials will have the paperwork they need to dissolve the union and challenge the lockout as a violation of antitrust laws. But there are divergent views in the labor-law world on whether decertification is a legitimate tactic. In his most recent public appearance in Memphis earlier this month, commissioner David Stern described it as "a nuclear option. But I'm not sure whether it isn't the nuclear option that falls on the party that launches it."
Source

Yeah, they talk everyday out here about Prys, Miller and Camby bein moved.  This roster is done for.  Some starting to worry though that Cho and Allen don't have any plan about what to do or how to proceed.  Thinkin they are still shell shocked that Roy isn't Roy anymore and Oden is done, etc etc.  They don't know if they should start all over, or try to add a peice here or there and try to inch closer to a second round berth or whatever. 

They claim Pritchard's master plan was to have Oden, LA, and Roy all locked up and then go hard after Paul or D-Will when the time came.  True or not, I don't know. 

They would be wise to simply move those vets contracts, get picks or kids and move along.  Batum and Lamarcus are all they have that aren't full blown yet, and even Batum is wearing down with his shoulder. 

Maybe their first move should be to hire Phoenix's training staff because this team is forever injured. 

Yeah, they talk everyday out here about Prys, Miller and Camby bein moved.  This roster is done for.  Some starting to worry though that Cho and Allen don't have any plan about what to do or how to proceed.  Thinkin they are still shell shocked that Roy isn't Roy anymore and Oden is done, etc etc.  They don't know if they should start all over, or try to add a peice here or there and try to inch closer to a second round berth or whatever. 

They claim Pritchard's master plan was to have Oden, LA, and Roy all locked up and then go hard after Paul or D-Will when the time came.  True or not, I don't know. 

They would be wise to simply move those vets contracts, get picks or kids and move along.  Batum and Lamarcus are all they have that aren't full blown yet, and even Batum is wearing down with his shoulder. 

Maybe their first move should be to hire Phoenix's training staff because this team is forever injured. 

He's probably expendable in the long term, but Wes Matthews has been good too. He might end up being one of the few players that earns their MLE contract.

He's probably expendable in the long term, but Wes Matthews has been good too. He might end up being one of the few players that earns their MLE contract.

Damn, my bad, I did forget Wes.  Agreed, he's been solid for them and only in his second year. 

They may want to keep that training staff away from him then.  If he tweaks an ankle, let him fix it himself.   
laugh.gif

Damn, my bad, I did forget Wes.  Agreed, he's been solid for them and only in his second year. 

They may want to keep that training staff away from him then.  If he tweaks an ankle, let him fix it himself.   
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom