[[ Official 2009 World Series Post: PHILLIES (2) @ YANKEES (3) Game 6 (11/04) ]]

roll.gif
@ 20 hits and 5 of them were HR's...my dude is swinging for the fences every time.
laugh.gif

Mariano *%@%%+! Rivera.
pimp.gif

11 109 8 7 6 54 3 2 1

*cue Sinatra and ESOM*

Great game AJ.

Let's get 'em on Saturday (like the 4th Saturday in a row I gotta stay home cuz of the damn Yankees
laugh.gif
smh.gif
)...

Game 2 reactions (Yankees win 3-1, tie the series 1-1):

- Burnett gave us the outing we weren't sure he was capable of. I know I'm eating crow right now, and proud of it.
- Offense finally came around, should have been more of a showing, but they did enough.
- A-Rod needs to relax again like the ALDS and ALCS. He looks like he is trying to do too much again.

As long as we won at least 1 at home, it will make things a BIT easier this weekend in Philadelphia. Pettitte needs to be continue to be "Mr.Postseason" and the offense needs to support him. Hamels is better at home, which is why he is pitching Game 3, but he hasn't pitched all that wellthis season and postseason (if I'm not mistaken).

Fellas, I won't be around for Game 3 on Saturday. I am going up to SUNY Albany for Halloween tomorrow until Sunday afternoon (I'll miss some of theJets game too, but I'll be home for Game 4 Sunday night). Thank God for pocket radios!

I am sure I will watch the game Saturday night, but won't be able to post (I'll try to though). Enjoy the game, I'll catch you guys on Sunday
pimp.gif

Phillies: Hamels is 1-1 with a 6.75 ERA in three postseason starts. He has allowed 20 hits, 11 runs, two walks and six home runs in 14 1/3 innings. He has struck out 12 and opponents have hit .328 against him. Hamels is 0-1 with a 2.77 ERA in two career starts against the Yankees.

"I look at Hamels and I still feel like he's got the game in him," Manuel said. "Baseball is a funny game. I say that all the time. He's very capable of throwing a good game. He was getting hit around a little bit the other night and he didn't have the command that he usually has, but at the same time, he's the guy. He's very capable of throwing a shutout every time he goes out there."
Hopefully we can get to him.

Originally Posted by sheistbugz

damn, theyre playing on halloween. Why cant the play sunday ionstead??? fuuuuuuu
This whole creeping into NBA regular season *@%+ is so @%$# around to me in the 1st place.
smh.gif

MLB season is WAY too long.

Missed most of the game.

Not happy with the final, obviously, but I kinda suspected the Yankees would get something on Pedro.

1-1 split.

I'll take it.

Back home to Philly.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Glad to see Burnett pitch a good game. Lets get a series lead with Pettitte on Saturday night.

Originally Posted by AirVandal180

Good win for Yanks, but I dunno how smart it is to be pitching Mo two innings two straight nights.
Huh? This is the first time he's pitched in 3 days...

I'm probably the only Yankee fan here who was in favor of Mo pitching two in the instances he's done so this postseason. No way we should have taken achance with a struggling Hughes or the erratic bullpen after being up by 2 runs...we could NOT lose the first two games at home. I don't think Girardi isbanking on Mo doing this every game...but it was necessary here, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom