[[ Official 2009 World Series Post: PHILLIES (2) @ YANKEES (3) Game 6 (11/04) ]]

Originally Posted by 13ROWNIE

Originally Posted by queensfinest2002

Derek Jeter scores an RBI

*crowd chants Derek Jeter sucks

....yeah, that makes a lot of sense.
laugh.gif

you guys are ridiculous

look we know he's one of the best
but we're not going to cheer for him
roll.gif

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

You're in the World Series, and you can't wait for the season to end. You want a fresh start? It's the World Series, son. This is what you play for. Sheesh.

Mental ******.
Yes I am late but I wanted to respond to this. I can totally see where he is coming from. When we played basketball toward the end of theseason, in playoffs, there was a point ever season where we all just kind of wanted to get it over with. We wanted to win for sure but we also looked forwardto not having to practice and play every damn day after a tough season of play. If we felt that way I can only imagine how these guys feel having to play atthe level they do and as often as they do. I can see that being an issue. Maybe he could have worded it better but I doubt very seriously that he is alone inhis thinking.

Okay back to whatever yall are talking about now lol.

Originally Posted by damnitzvin

If this goes 7, CC pitches on full rest, correct?
is pitching a game that tiresome?

do a full pitching motion in your room and throw 110 pitches then do it again 3 days later

Originally Posted by Fanatic15

You're in the World Series, and you can't wait for the season to end. You want a fresh start? It's the World Series, son. This is what you play for. Sheesh.

Mental ******.
Yes I am late but I wanted to respond to this. I can totally see where he is coming from. When we played basketball toward the end of the season, in playoffs, there was a point ever season where we all just kind of wanted to get it over with. We wanted to win for sure but we also looked forward to not having to practice and play every damn day after a tough season of play. If we felt that way I can only imagine how these guys feel having to play at the level they do and as often as they do. I can see that being an issue. Maybe he could have worded it better but I doubt very seriously that he is alone in his thinking.

Okay back to whatever yall are talking about now lol.
I get what he means, trust me...but to be so close to the promised land, after a bad start, and going into a pivotal game you're thinkingabout resting on the beach with your feet up? Baseball players have the most grueling schedule of all major sports, but I can't see looking forward to theend of the season when you're so close to hoisting the trophy.

By the way, this is the guy lined up to go in game 7, if it gets that far.

Back
Top Bottom