Official 2009 World Baseball Classic vol. II

Conspiracy theory....

does anyone else think A-Rod pulling out of the WBC for a "hip" injury is a bit curious?

This was being discussed on talk radio today....from what they were saying is that the WBC has a more in-depth blood test that all the players have to takebefore the tourney starts. It is being said that A-Rod might have a cyst on his hip. Roger Clemens had a cyst in his leg, and Jason Giambi had a mysterioustumor on his pancreas a few years back. Is A-Rod pulling out in fear of what might be found in his system? Hmmmm
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

JUPITER, Fla. -- Maybe Alex Rodriguez simply forgot who already plays shortstop for the Yankees.

Or maybe not.

Rodriguez praised World Baseball Classic teammate Jose Reyes today, impressed by the player's speed on the bases in a Dominican Republic exhibition game.

"I wish he was leading off on our team or playing on our team," Rodriguez said of Reyes.

Except Reyes' position already is filled by captain and sometime leadoff hitter Derek Jeter.

Link

If Nicaragua would get their $$*# straight we would be in there.
smh.gif

Im rooting for my Dominican brothas tho.

Travis Snider went 3-3 vs team USA...

pimp.gif

Yankee fans, Red Sox fans remember that name he is going to terrorize the AL East for the next 10+ years...

Originally Posted by bbllplaya23

Anyone gonna be at the finals? I'll be there in LA.
pimp.gif
I'm going to be there for sure. Let's just hope its not one of the unknown teams out there
sick.gif
. Mexico vs USA in the finals @ Dodger stadium
smokin.gif
. I know Mexico isn't expected to reach the finals either, but like many ofyou already stated, there no no clear cut favorite out there. DR or Japan would be ok too.

It just sucks that alot of the great players will be out either because of "injuries", contractual agreements, or lack of interest to some degree. Itwould be great if they ALL played in the WBC - look what it did for the USA Redeem Team (basketball) @ the 2008 Beijing Olympics.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Travis Snider went 3-3 vs team USA...

pimp.gif

Yankee fans, Red Sox fans remember that name he is going to terrorize the AL East for the next 10+ years...
agreed, him and elijah dukes are bound for breakout seasons this year
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by aikman1215

Originally Posted by bbllplaya23

Anyone gonna be at the finals? I'll be there in LA.
pimp.gif
I'm going to be there for sure. Let's just hope its not one of the unknown teams out there
sick.gif
. Mexico vs USA in the finals @ Dodger stadium
smokin.gif
. I know Mexico isn't expected to reach the finals either, but like many of you already stated, there no no clear cut favorite out there. DR or Japan would be ok too.

It just sucks that alot of the great players will be out either because of "injuries", contractual agreements, or lack of interest to some degree. It would be great if they ALL played in the WBC - look what it did for the USA Redeem Team (basketball) @ the 2008 Beijing Olympics.

I'm also upset a lot of the top USA players aren't playing. I understand baseball is a long season but just let them play. It's sad the littleinterest that most these guys have representing there countries.
smh.gif
Somewhere deep down inside me, I'm hoping for the US to get embarrassed just so nexttime more players may want to play.
grin.gif
Either way, I'm still excited.
laugh.gif
Baseball season is here.
pimp.gif

Did anyone see the balk by the Chinese pitcher today? Just horrible. Even if he threw the ball, its still a balk. At what point in his baseball career didanyone tell him that what he did was legal?

Originally Posted by dland24

Did anyone see the balk by the Chinese pitcher today? Just horrible. Even if he threw the ball, its still a balk. At what point in his baseball career did anyone tell him that what he did was legal?
roll.gif

Dude tried to submarine it to first base AND held onto the ball!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by PRETTYPLAYA

DR
USA
JAPAN
KOREA

4 best teams

i think DR got this, maybe Korea..

Before all the injuries I was really feelin' USA. They still should be considered a favorite though, because that bullpen is STRONG.

I really, really hope Chipper or McCann don't get injured.

ATL is finished if we lose those guys.

Might be finished regardless.

Originally Posted by dland24

Did anyone see the balk by the Chinese pitcher today? Just horrible. Even if he threw the ball, its still a balk. At what point in his baseball career did anyone tell him that what he did was legal?

i need to see a video of this
roll.gif

My dude Yu Darvish yesterday
pimp.gif
, even if he only went 4 innings.

I want to see a video of that balk also.

come onnnn Canada!!! another upset of the US would be nice but our pitching is shot....no harden dempster francis or bedard....we'll see how far our batscan take us lol

This Yu Dravish dude I need to see video...because I'm not sure about how healthy he is going to be.
tired.gif

20070601_hok_ydarvish.jpg
pMLB2-3401352dt.jpg

Very Fransisco Liriano.
sick.gif

I'm feeling this.

Waiting for the USA game at 2.

I really want USA to take the WBC just to prove dominance... since the USA basketball team won the '06 FIBAS and the '08 olympics.

Dominican Uniforms are soooo nice.

Back
Top Bottom