|||--- OFFICIAL 2009 NHL OFF-SEASON THREAD.....BOSTON BRUINS TRADE PHIL KESSEL TO TORONTO ---|||

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

The Pittsburgh Penguins have signed defenseman Alex Goligoski to a three-year contract, it was announced today by Executive Vice President and General Manger Ray Shero.

eek.gif
we traded away that 2nd rounder (Goligoski) for JohanHedberg. we couldve had Goligoski and Alex Edler on our back end by now

Richards for the selke
pimp.gif
.. Datsyuk is prolly gonna win it.

Jbo made a list of 6 teams he wants to play, supposedly philly being his favorite.

My picks for each award:

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Hart Memorial-[/color] Evgeni Malkin
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Calder-[/color] Steve Mason
Vezina- Niklas Backstrom
Lester B. Pearson- Alex Ovechkin
Lady Byng- Pavel Datsyuk
Selke- Mike Richards
Norris- Zdeno Chara
Jack Adams- Todd McLellan
Bill Masterton- Steve Sullivan
NHL Foundation Player Award- Alex Kovalev
Mark Messier Leadership Award- Jarome Iginla

Burke ripping Heatley here in the papers
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I've got work and then hockey tonight so I'll be missing the Awards
ohwell.gif

Swedish website expressen.ca is reporting Henrik and Daniel Sedin are seeking a long-term contract extensions with the Vancouver Canucks comparable to the 12 year, $73 million dollar deal Henrik Zetterberg signed to stay in Detroit.

The Canucks' twins have pitched a package that would equal the term Zetterberg received, but the Sedin's cap hit and expected salary is notably less.

The Sedin's offered a 12 year, $63 million dollar extension with a cap hit of just over $5 million based on how steeply the contract declines in the last few years.

The offer was made and quickly dismissed by Canucks management earlier this week. The proposal would give the Sedin's close to market value and would provide the Canucks with some cap relief even though many NHL sources insist, on the open market this dynamic duo will command upwards of $7 million or more.

Vancouver is believed to be more interested in a shorter term and has yet to creep above $6 million in the negotiation.

In an interview with Vancouver radio station CKNW on Thursday, Daniel Sedin had no comment on the story.

"I don't want to talk about it," Sedin told CKNW. "When this gets done, we will talk, but right now well keep it between Mike (Canucks GM Gillis) and ourselves."
The Sedin's want to stay in Vancouver and have tabled what they believe is a fair solution, but they're keenly aware of their marketability and the fact the clock to unrestricted free agency is rapidly ticking down.

^ sweet cover but the game sucks
Yes yes I know I was just posting so ppl could see the cover. Obviously I'm an EA guy!
pimp.gif

smh that Malkin didn't get the Hart trophy...

that would've been the perfect season... Stanley Cup, Conn Smythe, Art Ross, Hart Memorial.

smh that Malkin didn't get the Hart trophy...

that would've been the perfect season... Stanley Cup, Conn Smythe, Art Ross, Hart Memorial.

Malkin's time will come...but it says a lot that Ovechkin got 115 out of a possible 133 first-place votes for the Hart...also, the fact that his peersvoted on him for the Pearson really shows how much everyone (writers/players) think of what he brings to the table night in, and night out....

pimp.gif

Cmon! Well whatever Ovie is a great player and had a great tear. Malkin's season was much better overall and I'm sure he wouldn't trade it foranything.

I hav no problem with any of the awards last night EXCEPT the Vezina. Thomas IMO should have gotten second to Backstrom. Dude played the bulk of the games.Thomas split a good amount of time the first few months of the season.

Say it isnt so.... The NHL is looking to play two outdoor games on New Years Day. The first obviously being in Boston as had been announced, but nowthey're looking into playing a second in Calgary. I like the idea of an outdoor game once a year, but I think two may be killing it. Its crazy popular, butthe general public will not be watching two games.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=4270968

Back
Top Bottom