:: Official 2009 NBA Draft Thread ::

Originally Posted by JPZx

I would love for Rubio to drop obviously...but it just won't happen. Most of these rumors we're hearing are probably smokescreens and in reality he'll be picked by OKC or Sacramento despite what they're saying or reports are saying...
it seems less likely by the day judging by all these articles that the wolves will be moving up to land rubio
frown.gif

Wiz trying to channel the old Larry Hughes they had??
if the Knicks get the #5 and #8 Sam better jump all over that for the #3 lol because Memphis would have a really really nice deal

Originally Posted by Weaponry Expert

From Seth Davis' latest on cnnsi.com:
• Speaking of Daye, although many NBA mock draft boards have Daye as a borderline lottery pick, I think he made a terrible mistake by staying in the draft. His apparent position in the draft is just more evidence that NBA general managers put way too much stock in predraft workouts. Daye might be graceful and extremely skilled for his size, but put him in a game -- especially a big game against a good team in clutch time -- and he's invisible. He has very little mental toughness, and I fear that will doom him once he enters the league.

One NBA scout I talked to in Colorado Springs pointed out that during one six-game span last season, Daye failed to get a single offensive rebound. "That's hard to do when you're almost 7-feet," the scout said. "That's why I think we should get rid of these stupid [predraft] workouts. They're totally meaningless compared to what these guys do in games."

nerd.gif

Daye sounds like the second coming of Vladimir Radmanovic...just at 190 lbs and not as good a shooter.

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

Wiz trying to channel the old Larry Hughes they had??
if the Knicks get the #5 and #8 Sam better jump all over that for the #3 lol because Memphis would have a really really nice deal
That's what I was thinking. One of those teams will jump on it if the other doesn't. With both of those teams basically competing tobecome the better team after their rebuilding process, something has to be done.

Memphis might be better off trading the pick before even drafting a player. There's no telling who either of those teams trading up may want (Rubio orThabeet). Like if the Knicks really wanted Thabeet for some reason, Memphis takes Rubio and OKC takes Thabeet. Knicks would make the deal with OKC. I don'tthink its been these many rumors about the top 6 picks in the draft in a long time.
laugh.gif

The Wizards have gotten at least 10 offers for the pick, but every team I spoke with still was in the dark about where it stood.

The Knicks have offered Larry Hughes for Thomas and James. The Wolves reportedly have offered Mike Miller. The Celtics would give them Ray Allen. The Rockets would give them Tracy McGrady and Carl Landry. The Bucks would send them Richard Jefferson. The Nets would entertain unloading Vince Carter. The Suns could do something with Shaquille O'Neal. The Blazers could part ways with Steve Blake, Jerryd Bayless or Travis Outlaw.
laugh.gif
@ all those offers for the pick.

@bhzmafia14
Memphis and OKC definitely competing for the "better builder" award
laugh.gif

(dig my twitter style
laugh.gif
)

if either team lands #5 and #8 i would be shocked
I love the NBA draft.... i hope this draft finishes with big moves

I'd take T-Mac and Landry in a heartbeat for 5 if it didn't mean giving up Twan/Caron/Gil. Even if Mac playes 40 games.

Arenas
McGrady
Butler
Twan/Landry
Haywood/McGee

Filthy

TMac will probably be gone till late January/early Feburary, so the Wizards would be looking at the last 20-30 games of the regular season with him.

%@*$ that's enough. Gil if healthy...Caron if healthy...Tawn if healthy are good for at least 45 wins to get them in the playoffs without him. It would belike an added bonus. I'd take a gimp T-Mac over Nick Young, Blatche and those other cast of clowns

Injuries are injuries...nobody can see them coming. The only person you could see coming was Gil. Caron for 15 games and Haywood for the whole season...and nowTawn got hurt at the end of the season...those all just "happened". It's a franchise curse.

That's how I felt about the Tmac deal. If there is a team that grab him during his contract year, what's the worse that could happen? His contract isunder insurance, so the team doesn't pay him unless he plays. If he is hurt the whole year, you get like 23M coming off the books for the 2010 off-season.He's bound to give you 30+ games though.

Yeah that's why I don't that rumor is true. I have a hard time believing Grunfeld wouldn't take that in a heartbeat.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Peter Vecsey writes that the Knicks "are angling to acquire No. 5 from Washington for Larry Hughes (but must take the expiring contracts of Mike James and Etan Thomas) and parlay the pick with No. 8 for No. 2."
Not everyone is convinced that Rubio's value justifies such a high price.

"Ricky has a big upside," a Western Conference coach concedes. "Nevertheless, he's very light, like Steve Nash only without the offense. He has no mid-range game, never gets to the free throw line and is a defensive liability due to his lack of strength and size.

"Ricky makes sense for a team loaded with great outside shooters, because he can make plays," the coach continued. "He would've been a perfect fit for the Suns under Mike D'Antoni, and he could play for him with the Knicks because they don't worry about playing defense.

"The reality is, teams are going to go at him defensively and play him soft . . . dare him to shoot from outside."
How the hell is Larry worth the #5 pick
roll.gif
. Will would HAVE to be included...i think

- Why the *!!+ would you package both picks for #2? Take Jordan Hill and then Holiday/Flynn/Tyreke/Curry.

Why would Washington do that? If I'm reading the contracts right, they wouldn't save much money at all. Etan and James would come off thebooks in 2010, so the Knicks would still have flexibility.

Totally agree on keeping 5 and 8. I would be so mad if the Knicks traded both to get up to #2.

Curry + Hill >>>> Rubio

Originally Posted by Im Not You

If any team would trade a 5th pick for Larry Hughes....it's the Wizards
thats because the wizards are ******ed. They are not rebuilding so they want someone that can come in and make an impact right away. Thats whythey arent offering their main 3 in any trades. I know walsh can pull this off. I'm not sure about the #5 and #8 for #2 thats a little ehhhhh to me.curry+hill > rubio

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

thats because the wizards are ******ed. They are not rebuilding so they want someone that can come in and make an impact right away. Thats why they arent offering their main 3 in any trades. I know walsh can pull this off. I'm not sure about the #5 and #8 for #2 thats a little ehhhhh to me. curry+hill > rubio

If Thabeet fell to 5 a team could grab him and Curry or Derozan at 8. If whomever end up with the 5th and 8th pick come out the draft with a combination of anytwo players out of Curry/Derozan/Evans/Thabeet/Hill will probably win the draft. There is a good chance that Evans can fall to 5 as well.

thats because the wizards are ******ed. They are not rebuilding so they want someone that can come in and make an impact right away. Thats why they arent offering their main 3 in any trades. I know walsh can pull this off. I'm not sure about the #5 and #8 for #2 thats a little ehhhhh to me. curry+hill > rubio

You're wrong...any one of the "big 3" can be had...but, let's be real...EG will NOT be fleeced by someone trying to get a one-sided deal. Did you see the trade that was pulled off the table by the Wizards???

The Wizards and Suns have discussed a trade that would send Amare Stoudemire and the 14th overall pick to Washington for Nick Young or Javaris Crittenton, salary fodder and the 5th overall pick. Two people familiar with the talks confirmed the report.
Phoenix also requested Caron Butler, which forced the Wizards to walk away.

Why give up a core piece to your team in a huge gamble on Amar'e, who by all purposes will most-likely be a Knick in 2010....

Memphis looks like they have finally made a decision with the No. 2 pick, and the dominos are starting to fall as a result. The Grizzlies will stay put and select UConn defensive stopper Hasheem Thabeet. That leaves Ricky Rubio's destination up in the air.
from Kansascity.com

so yeah..
laugh.gif
..who knows.

And Ric Bucher reported the Cavs have interest in Eddy curry
roll.gif

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

If Thabeet fell to 5 a team could grab him and Curry or Derozan at 8. If whomever end up with the 5th and 8th pick come out the draft with a combination of any two players out of Curry/Derozan/Evans/Thabeet/Hill will probably win the draft. There is a good chance that Evans can fall to 5 as well.
Exactly. I totally forgot about derozan. If we include chandler in the deal we should definitely go after derozan. If the knicks get #5, #8, plusa late first rounder
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. Curry/Evans at 5, derozan at 8 (let lee stay, i'm not afan of hill) and maybe a big late in the 1st
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Memphis looks like they have finally made a decision with the No. 2 pick, and the dominos are starting to fall as a result. The Grizzlies will stay put and select UConn defensive stopper Hasheem Thabeet. That leaves Ricky Rubio's destination up in the air.
from Kansascity.com

so yeah..
laugh.gif
..who knows.

And Ric Bucher reported the Cavs have interest in Eddy curry
roll.gif

I think its a 50% chance Memphis trade the pick, 30% chance they take Thabeet, 20% chance they take Rubio/Evans/Curry/Harden and keep them. At this point, Ithink Memphis WANTS to trade down knowing the value they can get for the pick though. Thabeet is ok with me, but I still would hate to have him at two.

DraftExpress.com has confirmed a list of thirteen players that have been invited to attend the NBA Draft on Thursday night.

According to the web site, the following players will attend this week's events in New York City.

Blake Griffin, James Harden, Hasheem Thabeet, Ricky Rubio, Jordan Hill, Tyreke Evans, Stephen Curry, Jonny Flynn, DeMar DeRozan, Jrue Holiday, GeraldHenderson, Brandon Jennings and Tyler Hansbrough.

B.J. Mullens, James Johnson and Eric Maynor could possibly attend as well.

who will be the last person left in the green room?
frown.gif
laugh.gif

i just woke up and plz tell me i didnt hear on sportscenter that !*$%#%% Pistons/boston trade almost went down in 4real? BLHAHAHAHAHHH

Back
Top Bottom