Official: *2009 Fantasy Football Thread*

Originally Posted by Shooter116

Should I trade T.O and Steve Slaton for Andre Johnson and Kevin Smith? I have Matty Schaub on the lineup as well.. Steve Slaton is currently my #2 RB behind Matt Forte.
DO IT as soon as you can. Slatons value went DOWN huge today. He won't be their red zone guy.. He'll be losing alot of TD's case ofthat.

Texans coach Gary Kubiak admitted for the first time Thursday that Chris Brown is the team's goal-line back.

"Our goal is to use him basically as a short-yardage runner, a red zone runner and Steve's (Slaton) backup," revealed Kubiak. "He's shown flashes this preseason that he's still got it in him. That's important to our team." Kubiak's statement confirms the widely held speculation that Slaton would lose red zone touches to the bigger back. As a potential vulture, Brown gains some value in TD-heavy leagues Sep. 3 - 7:06 pm et
Source: houstontexans.com

That analysis website,
eek.gif
pimp.gif

And apparently I have a 90% chance of making the playoffs as the league favorite
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Alright guys, just a quick update on my first draft. Took somewhat of a chance so far on Gonzo and D-Mac.

Had 12th pick out of 12 teams, took Gore and Portis but was tempted by Brees, Randy Moss, and Beast Jackson.

Also got Rodgers at QB and T.O. so far.

Any quick suggestions for mid-round WR and TE?

I was just offered another trade, the other dude keeps withdrawing his trade and sending me new ones... I don't like this one very much, since I would besplitting my Ryan-White duo...But I do have Matt Schaub.. what do you all think?

He decided he wanted White instead of T.O.
mad.gif

My team is the DMV bandits

2h82vqg.jpg

I say do it. Like Yura said, Slaton's value dropped a lot today, so move him if you can, and especially if you can get someone like Andre Johnson. Try toswitch White for T.O. and see if he takes it. If not, your choice, but I'd do it. (White = Smith in points imo)

Originally Posted by 18key

I say do it. Like Yura said, Slaton's value dropped a lot today, so move him if you can, and especially if you can get someone like Andre Johnson. Try to switch White for T.O. and see if he takes it. If not, your choice, but I'd do it. (White = Smith in points imo)
Wait... what happened to Slaton?

Btw thanks for that Rating site bijald

Originally Posted by 18key

I say do it. Like Yura said, Slaton's value dropped a lot today, so move him if you can, and especially if you can get someone like Andre Johnson. Try to switch White for T.O. and see if he takes it. If not, your choice, but I'd do it. (White = Smith in points imo)

Yeah, the trade was originally for T.O, but he decided he didn't want that and Switched him with White, then added the Pittsburgh/Minnesota into theequation to "compensate" i guess. Do you think Slaton's performance will really take a hit like everyone is saying? Due to him losing the goalline and short yardage carries? My gut is telling me to hold onto him, but Brown is looking pretty promising as well.
ohwell.gif

I would do that deal only if it's with T.O. and not White. Yeah Slaton's losing goaline carries hurts but he's still significantly better than K.Smith fantasy-wise.

So my first draft is done - 12 teams point format with pretty standard rules. Had the 12th pick unfortunately, I hate first and last picks when playing fantasyleagues.

My team:
QB- A. Rodgers
RB- C. Portis
RB- F. Gore
WR- T. Owens
WR- A. Gonzalez
WR- P. Harvin
TE- J. Carlson
W/R D. McFadden

BN- R. Meachem
BN- F. Jones
BN- B. Wells
BN- B. Roethlisberger
BN- H. Nicks

K- J. Kasay

DEF- San Diego

BN- Miami

Just a note, my computer froze out for the Beanie and Felix Jones picks. I would have picked a third WR and TE like Greg Olsen instead. Overall I think Idrafted decent, I mean it's my first league so far and I know I could do better. Probably would have went Gore/Brees or Portis/Brees instead of the combo Igot. Gonna try packing a receiver with Beanie/Jones to get an upgrade at the third WR spot.

My receivers are pretty weak now that I think about it. Picked T.O. over Bowe on the spot but could have gone either way. What kind of production do you expectout of Meachem, Nicks, and Harvin?

anybody want to rate my team??

a few notes first:

-12 team league. some terrible choices by some
laugh.gif

-idiot manager went with 1 WR, 1 RB, and 1 FLEX this year after 2 WR, 2RB and 1 FLEX last year
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
... I mean are you serious? with 11 bench players I could create anotherteam
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
.However, with all of the complaints, he is transferring the league and adding another WR and FLEX. Due to people changing the draft strategiesbefore the actual change, I felt like I obviously fleeced the league in terms of WRs. So try not pay attention to this current "starting" line-up.

2hzw1s.jpg

-We also have 3 extras slots for a Defensive player, DB, and DL. I have Demarcus Ware, Charles Woodson, Patrick Willis, Robert Mathis, Barrett Ruud, and ChrisGamble.

-I've always went with the approach of stack up on WRs and RBs first and QB can come in the late rounds as that is the easiest position to cover up. Tothat I won the championship in 07 and came in 3rd last year. I feel like this is Campbells year (no homer
laugh.gif
)..I also picked up Washington's D in thevery late rounds as I feel our additions will help produce points.

thoughts?

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

I would do that deal only if it's with T.O. and not White. Yeah Slaton's losing goaline carries hurts but he's still significantly better than K. Smith fantasy-wise.

So my first draft is done - 12 teams point format with pretty standard rules. Had the 12th pick unfortunately, I hate first and last picks when playing fantasy leagues.

My team:
QB- A. Rodgers
RB- C. Portis
RB- F. Gore
WR- T. Owens
WR- A. Gonzalez
WR- P. Harvin
TE- J. Carlson
W/R D. McFadden

BN- R. Meachem
BN- F. Jones
BN- B. Wells
BN- B. Roethlisberger
BN- H. Nicks

K- J. Kasay

DEF- San Diego

BN- Miami

Just a note, my computer froze out for the Beanie and Felix Jones picks. I would have picked a third WR and TE like Greg Olsen instead. Overall I think I drafted decent, I mean it's my first league so far and I know I could do better. Probably would have went Gore/Brees or Portis/Brees instead of the combo I got. Gonna try packing a receiver with Beanie/Jones to get an upgrade at the third WR spot.

My receivers are pretty weak now that I think about it. Picked T.O. over Bowe on the spot but could have gone either way. What kind of production do you expect out of Meachem, Nicks, and Harvin?
your team is obviously good but like you said, you are weak at WR. However, I do like Meachem, Nicks and Harvin because there is so much upsidefor all 3. In terms of fantasy value, I like Nicks the most. I would definitely make a trade for another WR as you are stacked at RB.

Pinoy, can tell you're a ******** fan
laugh.gif

First thing I notice is would you really prefer Brown as a backup K instead of having another defense?

Campbell should be fine at QB but let's hope his play is more consistent with experience.

RB- Portis and Lynch are strong, I like D-Mac a lot this year he could be a big sleeper. Could use another RB because I remember Lynch being suspended for thefirst four games or something.

WR- Wish I had your receivers in my draft. Fitz and Colston will put up numbers but I think Hester could provide great value since CHI is short at receiverplus the return yards/TDs. I got Nicks as well seeing as someone on that NYG squad has to replace Plax and Nicks had a very solid preseason.

TE- As I said, with the Bears' shortage at WR Olsen's numbers should benefit as Cutler's security blanket/checkdown option.

The two areas for potential improvement would be QB and DEF
wink.gif

Originally Posted by TheGift23

11pino...man don't feel guilty about the homerism...look at my team
laugh.gif
son I've had at least 2 skins every year
laugh.gif
..itstempting..when I was going TE I had Cooley staring right at me but vouched for Olsen...so many players from the same team might be a recipe for disaster..asfor Portis, he was the best back available, I think I had the #8 pick.

ChampCruThik, you are definitely right about the DEF..I will drop Brown once the league gets transferred..I feel I'm good at QB though.. I know Flacco anda few others are still on waivers

My 10 team PPR League

QB - Peyton Manning, Matt Hasselback
RB - Adrian Peterson(MIN), Joseph Addai, Darren McFadden, Cedric Benson, Chris Wells, Ahmad Bradshaw
WR - Andre Johnson, Hines Ward, Bernard Berrian
TE - John Carlson
K - Mason Crosby
DEF - New York Jets

LB - Ray Lewis

so my receivers are jennings, white, berrian, and hester.....someone dropped houshmanzadeh for royal..... should i drop hester from housh or keep him? what dou guys think

Originally Posted by outkast9984

so my receivers are jennings, white, berrian, and hester.....someone dropped houshmanzadeh for royal..... should i drop hester from housh or keep him? what do u guys think
That's crazy. Definitely pick up Housh.

And for everyone worrying about Slaton, I'm not too worried. First, I'm pretty sure Brown is pretty injury prone.. and second, Ahman Green took awayalot of goal line carries from him last year until he got hurt, and Slaton was still an above average back. I think Slaton will still be capable of being a #1back this year, that Houston offense will be serious if Matt can stay healthy.

I'm planning on dropping Deion Branch, should I pick up Isaac Bruce or Devery Henderson? I have Colston, Brandon Marshall and Kevin Walter.

Was dropping Pat White and picking up Kerry Collins a good choice? Peyton is my QB.

I got lucky and got Peyton and Aaron Rodgers at great value picks.

What type of back could I expect for Peyton?

I think Peyton will be as good as Rodgers.

I dont believe in Indys run game at all

Originally Posted by TravisJMU

I got lucky and got Peyton and Aaron Rodgers at great value picks.

What type of back could I expect for Peyton?
If it were me, I would look at the team who owns Clark or Wayne, and see how their QB and RB situation is... If they have a weak QB and strongRB's, use that to your advantage. A strategy I always use is to give someone an appealing duo, at the cost of one of their other stars. Especially if theplayers you are trading have a bye week for your matchup with the manager you are trading with.
wink.gif

Drafted another team last night - 12 teams with three divisions, PPR, standard settings. Had the third overall pick and took Turner over Forte after using thefull time to decide. For my second pick it was between Portis and Jacobs.

QB- Cutler
QB- Flacco
RB- Turner
RB- Portis
WR- Jennings
WR- Roy E. Williams
TE- Zach Miller
W/T- Avery
W/R- Kevin Walter
BN- Marshawn Lynch
BN- Sidney Rice
BN- Meachem
BN- Heath Miller
BN- Sage Rosenfels
BN- Michael Bush

K- Kasay

DEF- San Diego
BN- Miami

Everyone went QBs early since there are two starting spots but I think I'll be alright with Cutler (although I still believe he needs a true bonafide #1receiver in Chicago). I expect Cameron to open up the offense and let Flacco air it out a little more this year. I was disappointed when I waited too long topick up a third QB - my targets were Sanchez, Quinn, or Leftwich. Ended up with Rosenfels as insurance in case of a Favre injury.

My receivers are much stronger in this league considering Rodgers/Jennings will only get better as a duo and Roy Williams needs to step up as Romo'sprimary target. Avery and Walter are solid as well with Rice and Meachem as project picks. My TEs are strong with Zach and Heath Miller especially sinceJaMarcus is still developing and a young QBs best friend is the tight end.

Got Kasay again as my kicker which is fine and the same defenses as my first league somehow. What's everyone projecting for Miami's D this season?

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

Drafted another team last night - 12 teams with three divisions, PPR, standard settings. Had the third overall pick and took Turner over Forte after using the full time to decide. For my second pick it was between Portis and Jacobs.

QB- Cutler
QB- Flacco
RB- Turner
RB- Portis
WR- Jennings
WR- Roy E. Williams
TE- Zach Miller
W/T- Avery
W/R- Kevin Walter
BN- Marshawn Lynch
BN- Sidney Rice
BN- Meachem
BN- Heath Miller
BN- Sage Rosenfels
BN- Michael Bush

K- Kasay

DEF- San Diego
BN- Miami

Everyone went QBs early since there are two starting spots but I think I'll be alright with Cutler (although I still believe he needs a true bonafide #1 receiver in Chicago). I expect Cameron to open up the offense and let Flacco air it out a little more this year. I was disappointed when I waited too long to pick up a third QB - my targets were Sanchez, Quinn, or Leftwich. Ended up with Rosenfels as insurance in case of a Favre injury.

My receivers are much stronger in this league considering Rodgers/Jennings will only get better as a duo and Roy Williams needs to step up as Romo's primary target. Avery and Walter are solid as well with Rice and Meachem as project picks. My TEs are strong with Zach and Heath Miller especially since JaMarcus is still developing and a young QBs best friend is the tight end.

Got Kasay again as my kicker which is fine and the same defenses as my first league somehow. What's everyone projecting for Miami's D this season?
Not a bad squad, but I would have taken Forte over Turner. Would have made Cutlers value a little nicer on your team

my draft starts in 30 min, i got 10th pick out of 12 should i still draft a running back or should i go after top qb/wr

Back
Top Bottom