Official:2009 Fantasy Baseball Thread

good points, and yes markakis is one of the best i have him on my most important team, but in a H2H ill take braun's 5 categories over Nick's, andthats with significantly better HRs and SBs, crucial categories. As far as Kendrick, I always draft him I've always been a fan, his ceiling is 20-20 withhigh average if he ever puts it all together. from a 2b that is money money

I was kinda disappointed, until I dropped or traded him and won back to back championships
wink.gif

I got offered this for Manny Ramirez what do you guys think?

Vladimir Guerrero
Cliff Lee

Originally Posted by parada45

Vladimir Guerrero
Cliff Lee

Vlad is almost done, and Cliff is no Guerrero to return to form. Your trading a sure thing for 2 question marks.

agreed , don't like the deal. you can find starting pitching probably on your Waiver wire and Manny will be twice what Vlady is

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Vladimir Guerrero
Cliff Lee

Vlad is almost done, and Cliff is no Guerrero to return to form. Your trading a sure thing for 2 question marks.
cosign what Osh Kosh said.

I dont follow Baseball til Basketball season is over. So I may be out of the loop but a guy in my leauge dropped

Cliff Lee
Brad Lidge
Joakim Sora

for

Wayne Rodriguez
Scott Downs
Frank Francisco

Is this guy out of his mind? The first 3 are All-Stars I believe. He's third in our leauge so far out of 9 teams.

I'm in 8th place. I picked up all 3 of those pitchers(Lee,Lidge,Sora) and dropped

Fernado Rodney
Kelvin Gregg
Dice-K (cause he's on the dl)

My staff is now

Oswalt
Harden
Broxton
Lee
Sora
Lidge

Did I make the right moves? Is their something about those pitchers I dont know about? Should I pick up Dice-K again and drop harden or Oswalt?

It must be your birthday man. Not only was someone dumb enough to drop those three, but everyone else in your league is dumb enough to let you pick up allthree.

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

It must be your birthday man. Not only was someone dumb enough to drop those three, but everyone else in your league is dumb enough to let you pick up all three.
Co-sign.

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Would you rather have Hunter Pence or a healthy Vlad Guerrero?
nerd.gif

You prob wont see a healthy Vlad for too long this season so id go with Pence. Now would you rather have Zimmerman or Blalock at third?

Originally Posted by shake n bake718

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Would you rather have Hunter Pence or a healthy Vlad Guerrero?
nerd.gif

You prob wont see a healthy Vlad for too long this season so id go with Pence. Now would you rather have Zimmerman or Blalock at third?
I think I'd rather have Blalock. I expect Blalock to have better numbers than Zimmerman simply because of the park and the lineup he's in.Only category I see Blalock sucking in is his average.

Morrow was the only guy getting me saves and now he is on the 15 day DL

Anyone I can pick up?

Originally Posted by Mick Jagger

I dont follow Baseball til Basketball season is over. So I may be out of the loop but a guy in my leauge dropped

Cliff Lee
Brad Lidge
Joakim Sora

for

Wayne Rodriguez
Scott Downs
Frank Francisco

Is this guy out of his mind? The first 3 are All-Stars I believe. He's third in our leauge so far out of 9 teams.

I'm in 8th place. I picked up all 3 of those pitchers(Lee,Lidge,Sora) and dropped

Fernado Rodney
Kelvin Gregg

My staff is now

Oswalt
Harden
Broxton
Lee
Sora
Lidge

Did I make the right moves? Is their something about those pitchers I dont know about? Should I pick up Dice-K again and drop harden or Oswalt?

I like that you picked up those guys but your team has only 3 starters and 3 closers? How many teams/categories are in your league? You should look for morestarting pitching, with that staff your hitting bench is probably ridiculously packed.

I just picked up Edwin Jackson he had a good start until the 7th :[. Liriano looked good for me today. I need some relief pitching...any ideas (i'm in a12-team league). I'm thinking LaTroy Hawkins

Chris Iannetta has 11 hits so far this year, and 5 of them are HR's
laugh.gif
smh.gif

BTW, his granny last night was sweet!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

Originally Posted by Mick Jagger

Cliff Lee
Brad Lidge
Joakim Sora

for

Wayne Rodriguez
Scott Downs
Frank Francisco

Fernado Rodney
Kelvin Gregg

My staff is now

Oswalt
Harden
Broxton
Lee
Sora
Lidge

I like that you picked up those guys but your team has only 3 starters and 3 closers? How many teams/categories are in your league? You should look for more starting pitching, with that staff your hitting bench is probably ridiculously packed.

we have 9 teams in the leauge. We tried to make the rosters small, that way if something happened to one of your players you should be able to always pick up adecent player. This my full lineup

C-Soto
1B-Fielder
2B-Uggla
SS-Scutaro
3B-David Wright
OF-Vlad Guerrero on the DL
OF-Matt Kemp
OF-Ellsbury
UT-Evan Longoria
BN-Jorge Cantu

SP-Oswalt
SP-Cliff Lee
RP-Broxton
RP-Lidge
P-Harden
BN-Soria

Notable avaible free agents

O.Hudson
Adam Lind
Jeter
McLouth
Jay Bruce
Posada

Dice-K
Volquez
Ervin Santana
Cain
Fuentes

All other guys who are hot in the beginning of the season.

Any moves I should make?

Should I drop or hold on to Brandon Morrow
If he's your only closer, I doubt that you'll ever be successful in the saves category. It might be a waste for him to be on your roster,really. I'm sure other teams in your league have 3+ closers and you only have 1. It's really tough for you to compete realistically in the savescategory. Personally, I would hold on to Morrow only to use him as trade bait when he comes back healthy.

Back
Top Bottom