OFFICIAL 2009 DODGERS SEASON THREAD : Season Over. Congratulations Phillies.

Raffy's bunt
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Schmidt wasn't fooling anyone tonight, thankfully the offense bailed him out. Weaver>Schmidt at this point, but it was nice to at least see him finallyback on the mound.

i loved read the waves of emotion in the last 4 pages of this thread.

that game was awesome. i was calming fans down in the first from roasting schmitty. telling them to relax, its the first inning.. its been 2 YEARS. let him gethis feet wet.. and look what happens.. he gets the win...4 scoreless after a shaky first.

I
WILL
TAKE
IT.

GO DODGERS!

I was at the game tonight with my mom.

Schmidt looked like he was throwing slow. Saw my first Manny HR
pimp.gif

Great game.... very hot at the stadium. It was alot of girls/women glad I wore a nice shirt instead on my faded Furcal tee
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bright nikes

So what do you guys think about Schmidt?

IMO I'd be more comfortable with Weaver out there than seeing his ol' 80MPH Fastball being belted by Willy Taveras
laugh.gif

Somethings brewing though ... a trade is very near.

I too trust kurt cobain over schmidt. Throwing 85 mph is not the business, unless you can paint corners like greg maddux or even jamie moyer. I see him getting1 more start and if he gets lit, he's getting put on the shelf for the rest of the year. I feel like a trade is coming too. But many teams are going totake this last week to figure out if they're buyers or sellers. I just hope halladay doesn't end up in the NL. Their asking price is gonna drop forhim, but we'll see how much

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

Originally Posted by bright nikes

How bout Pork Blood aka Dinuguan?

thats probably my favorite flip food besides the lechon
Dinuguan is my personal favorite behind Lechon and Sinigang.

Hook it up with some siopao, some lumpia and banana ketchup and it's a damn party
smokin.gif

Weaver deserves this spot, but at the same time they NEED to see Schmidt in the flesh so i'll give him 2 starts tops.

I LOVE trades, I just hate losing prospects
smh.gif

I think 2 starts for the POS should be fair enough to gauge what he really has left. I just don't see him addinganymore velocity to his stuff than he did last night.

He couldn't establish his fastball on any corner, and he ain't gonna blow it by anyone. I was impressed by his curve / breaking stuff that was thepitch getting people out.

Btw, to all my folks near the Artesia area. If you want some legit Filipino food check out: Magic Wok (11869 Artesia Blvd, Artesia, CA 90701-4002).

It's right off the 91 / Pioneer, I think they're still doing construction on that building there but I can put my screen name that they have some bombfood.

Just order:
Crispy Pata (lechon)
Lumpia Shanghai
Bistek Tagalog
Garlic Fried Rice

Hell, order some Pancit and Sinigang (extra sour) for to-go.
smokin.gif
laugh.gif

You should be set with the fam
pimp.gif

[h1]http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2009/07/dodgers-scouting-relievers-eyeing-aces.html[/h1]
[h1]Dodgers Scouting Relievers, Eyeing Aces[/h1]
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [July 21 at 10:35am CST]

The Dodgers are looking for pitching and Dylan Hernandez of the LA Times has the latest on their hunt...

• The Dodgers have scouted George Sherrill, John Grabow and Matt Capps.
  • Reds relievers David Weathers, Arthur Rhodes and Francisco Cordero could also interest the Dodgers.
  • They are looking at Roy Halladay, but seem reluctant to part with Clayton Kershaw in any deal.
  • The Indians are asking a lot for Cliff Lee, so he appears to be a longshot.
  • The Dodgers aren't interested in Mark Mulder.

[h1]Halladay fever rises on Monday[/h1]If anything, the heat in the Roy Halladay kitchen got turned up Monday night, with the performances of three starting pitchers of teams in the Trading Deadline crosshairs.
This was the JS factor. As in, Jason Schmidt, John Smoltz and Jonathan Sanchez. And, Just Swap, for the Dodgers, Red Sox and Giants, respectively.

Neither Schmidt, coming off the shelf for his first start in more than two years, nor Smoltz, coninuing his tentative comeback, did anything to convince their teams they don't need a top-shelf pitcher like Halladay.

Schmidt survived an ugly first inning against the Reds to go a mediocre five (five hits and three walks, three runs). Smoltz suffered a rare three-homer game against the Rangers (5 2/3 innings, six runs) as his ERA zoomed to 6.31 for five starts.

For those two teams, intently scouting Halladay, the contrast to Doc's complete-game six-hitter over Boston the day before had to be startling.

Today, they are more motivated to come up with what Toronto GM J.P. Ricciardi told Yahoo.com has "gotta be enough to move us. (W)e have to be blown away."

[font=arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]How does Sanchez fit into this picture? The Cain-Lincecum Giants certainly aren't in the market for pitching. Well, while the lefty's work in Atlanta -- four hits and three runs in six innings -- wasn't up to the no-hitter in his previous start, it was solid enough to raise his own market value. Sanchez's eight strikeouts versus one walk satisfied interested teams which had been concerned aburt his control.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]And the more attractive alternatives to Halladay that arise, the less likely is Ricciardi to find the treasure-trove of talent that will take to get Doc out of Canada.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]-- Tom Singer[/font]

The NL West race is over.

Nothing Jason Schmidt does matters.

Therefore, I highly doubt Ned Colletti's "Halladay fever" rose any on Monday

ok dodger fans, not about to go through this whole thread but why does Joe Torre continue to hit Matt Kemp so low in the order?
Very frustrating for fantasy owners aka ME

Originally Posted by solefob

ok dodger fans, not about to go through this whole thread but why does Joe Torre continue to hit Matt Kemp so low in the order?

He has been ballin lately
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 75 Partly Cloudy

Originally Posted by solefob

He has been ballin lately
pimp.gif
see what I mean.

Back
Top Bottom