OFFICIAL 2009 DODGERS SEASON THREAD : Season Over. Congratulations Phillies.

Wakeup Manuelito
smh.gif
frown.gif

[table][tr][td]Jamie Hoffmann Red-Hot at Albuquerque[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
697874.jpg

Jamie Hoffmann
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[table][tr][td]
By Jon Chapper

Dodgers Publicity
Posted Jul 20, 2009
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

The Dodgers' minor league report is a weekly window into the Dodgers' minor league system, with updated standings, league leaders, team and individual player stats, and the latest team and player news.
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Albuquerque Isotopes
Pacific Coast League American South Division
45-44, 1st Place, 1.0 Game Ahead

OF Jamie Hoffmann took a 12-game hit streak into the All-Star break, batting .372 (16-for-43) with three homers and 11 RBI ... he went 2-for-5 with a three-run homer and six RBI July 8 at Memphis (Cardinals) ... the 24-year-old is hitting .288 overall with five homers and 21 RBI in 33 games with the Isotopes.

1B/C J.D. Closser has hit safely in nine of his last ten games, batting .472 (17-for-36) with three doubles and four RBI ... the Indiana native is batting .316 (6-for-19) with seven RBI with runners in scoring position ... overall, the 29-year-old is batting .364 with five doubles and seven RBI in 23 games since his promotion from Double-A Chattanooga on June 15.

RHP Charlie Haeger represented the Isotopes at last night's Triple-A All-Star Game in Portland, allowing two runs in 1.0 inning ... the knuckleballer leads the PCL with 110.2 innings pitched and is tied for second with eight wins ... overall, he is 8-6 with 69 strikeouts and a 3.74 ERA in 17 starts.

Chattanooga Lookouts
Southern League North Division
Second Half: 10-10, 2nd Place, 3.5 Games Back

3B Josh Bell was named the Southern League All-Star Game Most Valuable Player on Monday after going 2-for-5 with a homer, two RBI, and two runs scored in the North Division's 7-0 win over the South Division ... the 22-year-old, who is in his first year of Double-A ball, is batting .277 with 23 doubles, eight homers, and 39 RBI in 81 games ... he was selected by the Dodgers in the fourth round of the 2005 draft.

OF Andrew Lambo went 3-for-4 with a double and two runs scored in the SL All-Star Game ... the Dodgers' No. 1 prospect according to Baseball America is batting .271 with a team-best 27 doubles, eight homers, and 36 RBI in 85 games ... Lambo was selected by Los Angeles in the fourth round of the 2007 draft out of Newbury Park High School.

C Lucas May grounded out in his only plate appearance in the SL All-Star Game after entering in the seventh inning as a defensive replacement behind the plate ... the 24-year-old, who is in his second straight year at the Double-A level, is batting .385 (10-for-26) with four doubles and seven RBI in eight games since returning from the disabled list ... he had been on the DL from May 21-July 2 with a broken right wrist ... May is batting .317 with four homers and 18 RBI in 35 games overall.

RHP Matt Sartor tossed a scoreless seventh inning with one strikeout in the SL All-Star Game ... the 24-year-old is 1-3 with eight saves and a 3.17 ERA in 33 appearances ... the Irving, Texas native, who was signed by the Dodgers as a non-drafted free agent in July 2007, has 55 strikeouts in 48.1 innings.

LHP Victor Garate has tossed 14.1 consecutive scoreless innings over his last 13 appearances, lowering his ERA to 2.10 from 3.60 ... the 24-year-old Venezuelan has given up only four hits while striking out 14 in that span ... Garate, who was selected by the Dodgers in the minor league phase of the 2007 Rule 5 Draft, is limiting left-handed hitters to a .190 average (8-for-42).

Inland Empire 66ers
California League South Division
Second Half: 11-9, Tied for 1st Place

3B Pedro Baez represented the Dodgers at 2009 XM All-Star Futures Game in St. Louis, going 0-for-1 for the World Team and playing first base ... overall, the Dominican Republic native is batting .283 with 10 homers and 57 RBI in 75 games.

OF Scott Van Slyke is tied for second in the California League with 27 doubles and is tied for fourth in the league with 63 RBI ... he has hit safely in nine of his last 11 games, batting .302 (13-for-43) with a three homers and nine RBI ... the 22-year-old is batting .327 (37-for-113) with runners in scoring position ... overall, the Missouri native is hitting .305 with a team-leading 14 homers in 85 games.

RHP Steve Johnson ranks third in the league with 102 strikeouts ... the 21-year-old is 4-0 with 32 strikeouts, one save, and a 3.12 ERA (12 ER/34.2 IP) in six games (five starts) ... the Baltimore native was named California League Pitcher of the Week for the week of June 22-28, and entered the season as the Dodgers' No. 15 prospect according to Baseball America.

Great Lakes Loons
Midwest League Eastern Division
Second Half: 8-11, 4th Place, 8.0 Games Back

SS Dee Gordon was selected as the shortstop on Baseball America's Mid-Season Minor League All-Star team for all levels of play ... the Dodgers' No. 7 prospect according to the same publication leads the Midwest League with 47 stolen bases is tied for the league lead with 106 hits ... he also leads the circuit with 66 runs scored ... the 21-year-old is batting .294 in 86 games ... Gordon, a mid-season Midwest League All-Star, was selected by the Dodgers in the fourth round of the 2008 draft.

RF Kyle Russell leads the Midwest League with 21 homers, 68 RBI, and a .576 slugging percentage ... he is also ranks second in the league with 26 doubles, and is hitting .280 in 89 games overall ... Russell was selected by the Dodgers in the third round of the 2008 draft.

RHP Nate Eovaldi has a 0.91 ERA (4 ER/39.2 IP) in his last nine games (four starts), lowering his season ERA to 3.65 from 7.36 ... he earned the win last night vs. Wisconsin (Brewers) with 5.0 innings of one-run ball ... the Dodgers' 11th-round selection from the 2008 draft has allowed just one home run in his 69.0 innings of work overall ... the 19-year-old is the Dodgers' No. 10 prospect according to Baseball America.

RHP Luis Garcia has a 0.92 ERA (2 ER/19.2 IP) in his last nine appearances, lowering his season ERA to 2.66 from 3.77 ... the 21-year-old Dominican Republic native is in his first season at the Single-A level.

RHP Justin Miller has posted three quality starts in July, going 2-1 with a 1.86 ERA (4 ER/19.1 IP) ... he tossed 6.0 scoreless innings for the win at Kane County (Athletics) on Monday ... Miller, the Dodgers' sixth-round selection in the 2007 draft, is 5-5 with a 4.26 ERA in 18 starts overall.

OF Mario Songco earned his promotion to Great Lakes after leading the Rookie-advanced Pioneer League with seven homers and tying for the league lead with 22 RBI ... at Ogden, had a 15-game hit streak, batting .383 (23-for-60) with five homers and 19 RBI ... is batting .444 (8-for-18) with a homer and 12 RBI with runners in scoring position ... the Granada Hills native was selected in the fourth round of the 2009 draft out of Loyola Marymount University.

Rookie-advanced Ogden Raptors
Pioneer League South Division
12-9, 2nd Place, 1.0 Game Back

OF Jerry Sands leads the Pioneer League with a .407 average, is tied for second with six homers, and ranks fourth with 21 RBI ... the 21-year-old is batting .476 (10-for-21) with runners in scoring position ... the North Carolina native was selected in the 25th round of the 2008 draft and spent the 2008 season with the Gulf Coast League Dodgers.

RHP Elisaul Pimentel is 2-0 with a 2.78 ERA (7 ER/22.2 IP) in four starts ... the 20-year-old spent last season with the Raptors and the Rookie-level Gulf Coast League Dodgers, going a combined 3-7 with a 2.70 ERA (18 ER/60.0 IP) in 13 games (10 starts).

Arizona League Dodgers
Arizona League West Division
10-10, Tied for 4th Place, 3.0 Games Back

LHP Aaron Miller, the Dodgers' first pick (36th overall) in the 2009 draft, made his pro debut yesterday, allowing two runs and three hits with one strikeout in 1.0 inning vs. the AZL Mariners ... Miller was selected out of Baylor University.

C Mike Pericht is batting .286 with three doubles, three homers, and 12 RBI in his first 13 pro games ... the 21-year-old was selected by the Dodgers in the 16th round of this year's draft out of St. Joseph's College (IN).

Dominican Summer League Dodgers
DSL Boca Chica North
18-22, 5th Place, 10.5 Games Back

RHP Jose Dominguez leads the club with 40 strikeouts in 34.1 innings ... in his last four starts, the 18-year-old is 3-1 with a 1.80 ERA (4 ER/20.0 IP).

DH Enlly Morales has hit safely in five straight games, going 10-for-22 (.455) ... the 19-year-old leads the club with a .369 batting average and 13 doubles[/td] [/tr][/table]

[h1]http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2009/07/multiple-teams-interested-in-sherrill.html[/h1]
[h1]Multiple Teams Interested In Sherrill[/h1]
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [July 20 at 9:36am CST]

The Marlins, Dodgers, Brewers, Angels and Cubs all have some interest in Orioles closer George Sherrill, according to Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports. The Orioles would listen to offers, but one rival GM says they're "playing the 'don't-have-to-move-him-so-make-us' card." However, others are confident the O's will move him.

[h1]http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2009/07/roy-halladay-rumors-monday-1.html[/h1]
[h1]Roy Halladay Rumors: Monday[/h1]
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [July 20 at 8:58am CST]

The latest on Roy Halladay, one day after his complete-game effort against the Red Sox...
  • Mike Rutsey of the Toronto Sun says Phillies executive Pat Gillick, Brewers assistant GM Gord Ash and scouts for the Rangers and Dodgers all watched Halladay's start yesterday

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Dunk, i hit up the top of the park store before the first pitch, they got Torre and Donny Baseball shirts in stock, $28 a pop
pimp.gif

Thanks, man. Can't wait.

[h1]http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2009/07/dodgers-eyeing-reds-relievers.html[/h1]
[h1]Dodgers Eyeing Reds Relievers[/h1]
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [July 20 at 10:52am CST]

The Dodgers can help themselves in more ways than one if they play well against the Reds this week. As MLB.com's Ken Gurnick points out, the Dodgers can push the Reds further from contention and give themselves a better shot at obtaining one of the Cincinnati relievers they've been watching. The Dodgers are trying to improve their 'pen, so they've been eyeing Francisco Cordero, David Weathers and Arthur Rhodes along with O's closer George Sherrill.

Cordero with the Rangers was
smokin.gif

stayed on my MLB squads
laugh.gif

BN, i'm gonna be working @ The Charter building the next 2 weeks, it's 7337 central.

We're carpooling up there. I know it's off the 91 but my IE fam was out here yesterday and they recommended me take the 60 since it's close to the91, and the carpool lane convenience. Which should I take? Which should I take back home?

Also, where's the good grub around there? We get 1hr lunches
nerd.gif

BN, i'm gonna be working @ The Charter building the next 2 weeks, it's 7337 central.

We're carpooling up there. I know it's off the 91 but my IE fam was out here yesterday and they recommended me take the 60 since it's close to the 91, and the carpool lane convenience. Which should I take? Which should I take back home?

nerd.gif
That place is kinda far from me maybe like 25 minutes
laugh.gif

But depending on what time you're heading out there and coming home ... I like to avoid the 91 at all costs just because I hate that damn freeway.

The carpool on the 60E is convenient, but if you're heading 60E in the morning you're not gonna hit traffic at all.

As far as going 60W going back home, I just find that a better route than the 91 overall
sick.gif

I know around the Van Buren / Magnolia areas there's a gang of food spots (subway, popeyes, kung fu panda express, jamba juice). Don't quote me if Igot the cross streets wrong though
laugh.gif

There's also the Tyler Mall off the 91 / Tyler, you just gotta get your hustle on
laugh.gif

Btw, I'm already on the move out of the IE ... got a spot in Hacienda Heights now.

First thing the wifey said was "We can go to more Dodger games since you're closer!"

pimp.gif

We're carpooling up there. I know it's off the 91 but my IE fam was out here yesterday and they recommended me take the 60 since it's close to the 91, and the carpool lane convenience. Which should I take? Which should I take back home?

nerd.gif

Hey I live in Riverside so maybe I can help a bit.

Definitely take the 60. Avoid the 91, traffic gets pretty bad there.

As for grub, there are a few places in the Riverside Plaza area and the Tyler mall area.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Btw, I'm already on the move out of the IE ... got a spot in Hacienda Heights now.

First thing the wifey said was "We can go to more Dodger games since you're closer!"

pimp.gif

I might be on the way out too. I might move 1 block away from Angel stadium :/.

Originally Posted by socluis90

Hey I live in Riverside so maybe I can help a bit.

Definitely take the 60. Avoid the 91, traffic gets pretty bad there.

As for grub, there are a few places in the Riverside Plaza area and the Tyler mall area.
That sounds like what I said
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

I might be on the way out too. I might move 1 block away from Angel stadium :/.

Word
sick.gif

At least you're still close to the beach, malls and drunk white girls.

It sucks moving though, gotta look for a new barber ... new gym .... new shortcuts ... luckily I'm familiar with the area I'm moving too.

Btw I just bought a 37 inch LG Slim 1080 HDTV LCD W/ HD Tuner XD Engine. this $%#% is so
pimp.gif

How much for that LG? Yea...its right by the block, so things are kinda close. I %#%%$% hate changing barbers, so ill probably go to the same one

$420, is that the same type you got?

I had to break the news to my barber I was moving, dude was trying to convince to stay in Corona.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom