OFFICIAL 2009 DODGERS SEASON THREAD : Season Over. Congratulations Phillies.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Great play by Pence, the All Star.

270916539_5a9c0691ef.jpg

Wow, disgusting effort all around from the team.

Starting Bills who has looked awful his last ... what 6 starts? Poor location on his pitches, throwing right over the plate ... with Oswalt on the mound itdidn't help the dodgers trying to come back from the early deficit.

Seeing Oswalt pitch makes me wish we had a TRUE ace that can take the pressure off bills, wolf, kuroda.

But the thought of what it would take to get that ace would be too much.

Crazy to think how hot we were at home in the beginning of the season and I believe we're .500 now.

We still got chance for a split, but the way the astros play us even that would be a surprise.

i wanted to leave after the 5th...
should have been another shutout.

bleh.

selling my tickets for tomorrow, you want them, let me know.

AOL: djpotatonuts

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

oh and
pimp.gif
to the EA videos. i felt like a sleazeball when i saw.
smokin.gif
it felt so wrong, but at the same time it felt soriiighhhht.

her little bounce was appreciated, she was probably practicing for the nights festivities.

[h3]Bullpen hopes second half is easier[/h3]Los Angeles (56-33) vs. Houston (45-44), 7:10 p.m. PT
By David Ely / MLB.com

07/17/09 3:04 AM ET

LOS ANGELES -- If there was a group within the Dodgers that benefited from the All-Star break more than any other, it was the bullpen.

Dodgers relievers logged 302 innings during the first half, good for second-most in the league, and there's no reason to believe that trend won't continue into August and September.

The effects of the bullpen's extensive time spent on the mound have been twofold: career-high innings use, and an increased chance of injury.

At the current clip, relievers Ramon Troncoso and Ronald Belisario will easily pass their previous career highs in innings pitched. The two already have combined to throw 104 innings this season.

A byproduct of the intense workload is the risk of injury. On July 8, Belisario was placed on the 15-day disabled list (retroactive to July 6) because of a strained right elbow, and closer Jonathan Broxton is currently hobbled by an injured right toe.

Broxton tossed in the bullpen before Thursday's game against the Houston Astros, and manager Joe Torre said that the closer was able to pitch without any discomfort.

"He was OK," Torre said. "He felt good, he felt good."

Torre did not say whether Broxton, whose injured toe caused him to miss the All-Star Game, would be available Thursday, but the Dodgers were never in a position in which they would have called on the closer.

Torre did say that he expects Broxton to be available when needed during the Houston series.

In other pitching news, the Dodgers still have not determined who will start when the No. 5 spot in the rotation comes up Monday against the Reds. As was the case before the All-Star break, the number "five" still is scribbled next to the rotation spot.

"No. Got one?" Torre told reporters when asked if he has named a fifth starter. "Still numeral five. Obviously we'll have to have one for you in the next couple of days."

nerd.gif

EA?

The game was garbage last night,
laugh.gif

You can say the same thing about Thursday nights game. It is only a matter of time before this team gets in a funk, it hasn't happened all year. Billslooked tired last night, he couldn't hit his spots. The bats didn't come through on Thursday, even though Wolf pitched a solid game.

The Astros took their B-12 injections,
laugh.gif

Hopefully they can salvage a split, losing a 4 game series at home is never a good look.

I'm still hoping that Bedard will come our way, but the Mariners seem to think they are in the running for the AL West crown,
smh.gif
. George Sherrill mightbe too expensive, and Chad Qualls is a Diamondback so he will not be cheap.

562 - "Welcome to Dodgertown" -
laugh.gif
. I hate to laugh at yourplight, but our Guest Relations dept. is dipping. They have handcuffed the security dept. Sorry you had to deal with that, but I would send a complaint. One of the biggest complaints last season was that the Security staff took a page out of Joe Torre's book, they were too quick to give people the hook. Sonow, with these new "family atmosphere" initiatives that they are shoving down everyone's throats, they are more passive and just hand outspineless "warnings"
eyes.gif

quick question, hows the view from the infield reserve?
It is not bad, depending on your section. Most of my friends prefer to buy seats there, rather than Loge. The only complaint they have is thatwhen they want to go buy beer or go to the restroom, the stairs are long and steep.

As for the "Los Dodgers" jerseys, they have them for sale at the Top of the Park store if anyone is interested.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

It is not bad, depending on your section. Most of my friends prefer to buy seats there, rather than Loge. The only complaint they have is that when they want to go buy beer or go to the restroom, the stairs are long and steep.

oh ok thanks, just got some in section11 rowA

Originally Posted by sinser13

It is not bad, depending on your section. Most of my friends prefer to buy seats there, rather than Loge. The only complaint they have is that when they want to go buy beer or go to the restroom, the stairs are long and steep.
oh ok thanks, just got some in section11 rowA

Those are good bang for your buck seats. The walk up the stairs is going to suck though. Just buy two beers at a time if you plan on drinking,the stairs will kill you. Good view of the game though,
smokin.gif

What game?

If it is a day game, wear sun block and a hat.

Are the Torre #6 t-shirts available at the Stadium shop?

Last summer, couldn't find a single one anywhere.

Originally Posted by sinser13

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

Any pics of the Los Dodgers jersey?
also is it replica or authentic?

if authentic it's copped tonight and i'll post pics

nerd.gif

EA?

The game was garbage last night,
laugh.gif

You can say the same thing about Thursday nights game. It is only a matter of time before this team gets in a funk, it hasn't happened all year. Bills looked tired last night, he couldn't hit his spots. The bats didn't come through on Thursday, even though Wolf pitched a solid game.

The Astros took their B-12 injections,
laugh.gif

Hopefully they can salvage a split, losing a 4 game series at home is never a good look.

I'm still hoping that Bedard will come our way, but the Mariners seem to think they are in the running for the AL West crown,
smh.gif
. George Sherrill might be too expensive, and Chad Qualls is a Diamondback so he will not be cheap.

562 - "Welcome to Dodgertown" -
laugh.gif
. I hate to laugh at your plight, but our Guest Relations dept. is dipping. They have handcuffed the security dept. Sorry you had to deal with that, but I would send a complaint. One of the biggest complaints last season was that the Security staff took a page out of Joe Torre's book, they were too quick to give people the hook. So now, with these new "family atmosphere" initiatives that they are shoving down everyone's throats, they are more passive and just hand out spineless "warnings"
eyes.gif

As for the "Los Dodgers" jerseys, they have them for sale at the Top of the Park store if anyone is interested.

my EA link is down NOOOOOOOOOO!!!

These dodgers look like they're about to his the stink of the season. IMHO it's fine. Do it NOW, not in September or October.

Ironman, i think i'm a fairly calm dude but i've been thinking about this all weekend and I think i'm going to send in a complaint. The question ishow, to who, or where? Far too many instances do I recall from these past 3+ months that have been unacceptable but nothing was done. Something needs to besaid, especially when i've dropped so much cake on seats so far this season. I know i'm only one person but hey, it's worth a shot IMHO.

Personally, I LOVE the infield reserve . It's my favorite section in the park. All of the concessions are directly behind you. IM is right though, therestroom lines are a bit intense as well. If you're a guy it's no more than 5-8 minutes max, but if you're a chick be prepared to be there maybe aninning-2.5 innings, i've seen it with my own eyes (no peephole
nerd.gif
)

As for the jersey, I kinda don't wanna get it without it being a confirmed on field situation. I hate fashion/sports "pieces".

I'll be headed out there in about an hour. Hopefully they can muster up a W and get back on track this second half.

nerd.gif

EA?
Erin Andrews tittays
devil.gif
(I know the link is down i'llsee what i can do)

Sidenote: DO NOT WATCH BRUNO

I'll all for good humor and ##@# like that, but man this film OD'd on the most !*!% things.

You've been warned, my girl and I laughed in a couple spots but i mean ...
sick.gif

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by Dunkaroos

Are the Torre #6 t-shirts available at the Stadium shop?

Last summer, couldn't find a single one anywhere.

dunk you need one?
Yeah. Headed to LA in two weeks and I'm hoping to snag one.

Does the stadium have them?
I swear the entire city was wiped out of them a year ago.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom