OFFICIAL 2009 DODGERS SEASON THREAD : Season Over. Congratulations Phillies.

[h3]Manny to wrap Minors stint on Tuesday[/h3]Torre says Dodgers slugger will DH during day game

LOS ANGELES -- Dodgers manager Joe Torre said Monday that suspended slugger Manny Ramirez will play in his final Minor League tuneup Tuesday morning with Class A Inland Empire.

Some media reports stated Ramirez would play in his last rehab game Monday night because Tuesday's game against Rancho Cucamonga is scheduled for 11 a.m. PT, but Torre dispelled that rumor before the Dodgers played the Rockies.

"His plan right now is to DH [Tuesday]," Torre said. "You'd rather not have three days off. But again, whatever it is, I think he's going to get in his game shape when he plays Friday."

Torre also reiterated that it will take some time before Ramirez is back in game shape and that it will begin once he plays in his first game back with the Dodgers on Friday in San Diego.

"It's going to be like Spring Training," Torre said. "You can go to the gym and do what you need to do, but when you play, you use muscles you're not used to. So I think he'll just have to get into the best shape by playing."

Ramirez is still working out the kinks in the Minors as he went 0-for-2 on Sunday with Inland Empire, striking out two times and walking once. Entering Tuesday, Ramirez has two hits, one home run, in seven at-bats in two games with Triple-A Albuquerque and two games with Inland Empire.

But Torre is hopeful that Ramirez will be able to inject some life into a Dodgers offense that has been struggling recently.

"Hopefully, Manny will give us a more consistent offense," Torre said. "We've been lucky to win a lot of close games. We've made the most out of the runs we've scored. But I think the presence he brings to the lineup is a security blanket for the rest of the guys."

Ramirez's return to left field with the Dodgers means that Juan Pierre will be relegated to the bench, but Torre had nothing but positive things to say about Pierre, who is batting .323 this season.

"He was certainly able to seize the opportunity, and for one reason, in my opinion," Torre said. "Whether he's playing or not, he's always been ready, and I think he's proved that. And I think this year, his offense has been better because he's been driving the ball. All I can say is that our bench gets deeper."

oDog
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

[h3]Milton to remain Dodgers' fifth starter[/h3]But off-days mean lefty will work from 'pen until July 11

06/29/09 9:37 PM ET

LOS ANGELES -- Dodgers manager Joe Torre said left-hander Eric Milton will remain the club's fifth starter moving forward, but that because of the schedule, the team will need just four starters for the next few weeks.

The Dodgers have Thursday and Monday off, so Milton was told in a meeting that he won't start again until July 11 at Milwaukee, which is also the team's second-to-last game before the All-Star break.

Milton last started on Saturday against the Mariners when he allowed four runs on seven hits over five innings in the Dodgers' loss. It was his first start since June 5 because he was previously on the disabled list with a strained back.

For the time being, Milton will be the team's long reliever, which is a new role for him this season as all five of his appearances with the club have come as a starter. He is 2-1 with a 3.80 ERA.

"As of right now, he'll be working out of the bullpen," said Torre, who also added Milton won't be available for Monday's game against the Rockies.

With Milton's turn in the rotation skipped this week, it means that right-hander Hiroki Kuroda will be the scheduled starter for Friday, which also happens to be the day when Manny Ramirez is eligible to return to the team after serving his 50-game suspension.

Kuroda, though, said through a translator that he's just excited to have Ramirez back and won't be fazed by the media frenzy that is expected to surround the game against the Padres in San Diego on Friday.

"Everyone knows he's a great hitter, so I'll be happy to have him in the lineup," Kuroda said. "I think he'll really cheer up the clubhouse."

tired.gif
One more start till he's out of the rotation.

That 3rd-err 2nd out was atrocious
laugh.gif

They know their bats have big holes in em so they said "!*!! it, the sooner we get back on the field the sooner we get home"
ohwell.gif

Wow, we're almost halfway through in the season and Martin & Furcal have yet to be seen this year.

just checked stubhub for wednesday. .65 cent tickets lol

ima go tomorrow, all you can eat right field
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom