OFFICIAL 2009 DODGERS SEASON THREAD : Season Over. Congratulations Phillies.

smh.gif
let's get 1 more +$%@+#% out.

Tying run at the plate, that insurance run was so vital last inning.

^because kershaw was pitching like a $!$%+, had bases loaded ZERO OUTS ... and got Abreu to hit back to the mound and got a DP.

smokin.gif
Good Work. #%+! was mad stressful though
laugh.gif

Lets go to the Southside and put in work
smokin.gif

We've won 5 of the last 7 series, with the other 3 being splits (4game vs Phils and cubbies, 2 game vs Pads). Last series we lost was against Anaheim lastmonth. Not too bad.

Originally Posted by socluis90

kobe is a god in so cal.
255828z.jpg

Kobe is a polarizing athlete in SoCal and among Laker fans. Except on NT, no Laker fan on NT hates Kobe. The exception is Ska, who is highly critical orBean.

2 out of 3
smokin.gif
, Should have been a sweep IMO.

I'm leaning towards the notion of keeping Pierre. He has been there before, and he provides leadership. Plus, the pitching market is very thin. Thereare a lot of trade chips down on the farm (Repko, Hu, Abreu, Hoffman, etc.). At the deadline, hopefully we add a bullpen arm and a starter.

smh.gif
@ Steve Phillips comments concerning Juan Pierre,
laugh.gif
. Something alongthe lines of "You need to reward him, not bench him". Seriously, who are you going to take out of the lineup. Definitely not Manny, and definitelynot Matt Kemp. Kemp has really blossomed in CF this season, and we don't want to see Juan "noodle arm" Pierre in CF. I wouldn't daretaking Ethiers bat out of the lineup, especially since he is finally coming out of that May slump, and now that Manny is coming back.

As far as a leadoff hitter, Furcal will come around. We have three experienced leadoff hitters on the roster: Pierre, Furcal and Hudson.

Man, the whole Pierre situation is going to be awkward.

Everyone expected him to come back down to earth once Manny comes back, but pierre is still producing with Manny less than a couple weeks away.

Luckily we have Joe as our coach, we're in good hands.

As far as adding a starter and a bullpen arm, that is almost a neccesity. Our bullpen (tron, belli) has put in plenty of work and that's going to catch upto them.

Ned has been watching the youngsters to evaluate the talent down there, I'm assuming he's preparing for a trade.

Would love a middle of the rotation starter that's been "there" before, a veteran who knows how to win. The market is thin, let's see whatNed pulls out of his hat.

Didnt get to watch a single innng of the game.
smh.gif

Maybe we'll play each other in a few months...

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Where will Pedro end up?
Not in LA!

I know I know
frown.gif

I was asking more specifically after the news BN posted about many teams passing on him. What contender is seen as a suitor to pick him up?

Except on NT, no Laker fan on NT hates Kobe
I will trade Kobe in a heart beat.

Another great win for the boys of summer.

The DP changed the game, good outing by Kershaw.
smokin.gif

This is for cinco:
adu-kljestan-score.jpg

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

whats the gif for? kobe is like a king IN LA
eyes.gif

Even among the Laker fans I hang out with (Everyone I hang out with,
laugh.gif
),they are split. Those that like Kobe, NT love status, and there are those that hate Kobe. Those that hated Kobe, now "respect" Kobe 'cause hebrought home a 'chip (
laugh.gif
).

Originally Posted by amarusgear

Except on NT, no Laker fan on NT hates Kobe
I will trade Kobe in a heart beat.

Another great win for the boys of summer.

The DP changed the game, good outing by Kershaw.
smokin.gif

This is for cinco:
adu-kljestan-score.jpg

G-D DAMN own goal by the italians
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Where will Pedro end up?
Not in LA!

I know I know
frown.gif

I was asking more specifically after the news BN posted about many teams passing on him. What contender is seen as a suitor to pick him up?
Pedro is asking for too much money. He didn't show much in his workouts, and he even pissed some teams off by being late (Brewers). TheAngels, Dodgers and Yankees are out of the running, being that he was only hitting 85mph. He wants to go to a contender, so that will leave out the Nationals(
laugh.gif
). The Rays don't have room to add payroll, so unless he takesthe prorated veteran's minimum, Pedro will not be a Ray. The Red Sox have no room for him. It looks like Pedro will probably go unsigned and maybe notpitch in the Show in '09.

Rays, Rangers, Cardinals, D'Backs, Indians, and Cubs.
Rays will be out due to financial reasons. The D'Backs and Indians will be out of contention soon. That leaves the Cardinals and the Cubs. The Cubs do not need pitching, and I doubt they will spend the resources to get Pedro. That leaves the Cardinals, and something tells me the Cardinals willnot go after him.

Back
Top Bottom