OFFICIAL 2009 DODGERS SEASON THREAD : Season Over. Congratulations Phillies.

Ahh see I didn't know that. Still, I think the "premium" game gimmicks that these organizations is a bit stupid, but they sell regardless so morepower to em.

Whats up fellas?

It feels good to be back and watch the Dodgers on the tube. I went south of the boarder(Jalisco,Mexico) and they only showed a Dodger game one time.

Good win today. But I'm glad this series is over cuz my girl was like, "where's nomar?", "Why is he not playing?".
smh.gif

So you guys going to catch a game at angel stadium?

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Ahh see I didn't know that. Still, I think the "premium" game gimmicks that these organizations is a bit stupid, but they sell regardless so more power to em.
true, but the way the economy is now, they arent selling those games out like before. during the red sox series in anaheim a few weeks ago therewas A TON of empty seats! that never happened within the past few years. even now to be able to get tix to the freeway series isnt hard at all and can still bebought at the box office

Arent the premium tix at angels stadium still cheaper than dodgers tix? I went to the dodgers/angels game last month at dodger stadium and it was 60 bucks forthe lodge seats( think its the lodge? 2nd deck bottom section). And parking was like $15 or something. Im going to the dodger/seattle game next friday for myhomeboy's bday so i might actually be cheering for y'all
smh.gif
all you can eat seats
pimp.gif
best idea ever.

As for this weekend, angels analysts said jeff weaver is gonna start against jered?
laugh.gif
should be interesting. Hope we can get to bills early. Should beanother close series like the last one. Dont think im going to any games this time tho
smh.gif

*on my phone so excuse all the typos

That's the only reason I want to go to Saturdays game, to see the brothers go at it. I've wanted to see that since Jered was drafted

Tomorrows should be good though
smokin.gif

[table][tr][td]2009 SINGLE GAME TICKETS PRICING[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
trans.gif
[/td] [td]Section[/td] [td]Advance Price[/td] [td]Game Day Price *[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
trans.gif
[/td] [td]Dugout[/td] [td]$500[/td] [td]$500[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
trans.gif
[/td] [td]Baseline VIP
(26-36, 27-37 Rows 1 & 2, CLUB ACCESS)[/td] [td]$285[/td] [td]$285[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
trans.gif
[/td] [td]Baseline VIP II
(38-40, 39-41 Rows 1 & 2, CLUB ACCESS)[/td] [td]$225[/td] [td]$225[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
trans.gif
[/td] [td]Baseline Premium
(26-32,27-33 Rows 3-8, CLUB ACCESS)[/td] [td]$225[/td] [td]$225[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
trans.gif
[/td] [td]Baseline Premium II
(34-36, 35-37 Rows 3-8, CLUB ACCESS)[/td] [td]$200[/td] [td]$200[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
trans.gif
[/td] [td]Baseline Preferred
(38 & 39 Rows 3-8, CLUB ACCESS)[/td] [td]$190[/td] [td]$190[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
trans.gif
[/td] [td]Baseline Preferred II
(40-42, 41-43 Rows 3-8, CLUB ACCESS)[/td] [td]$160[/td] [td]$160[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
trans.gif
[/td] [td]Baseline Field
(44 & 45 Rows 3-8, NO CLUB ACCESS)[/td] [td]$75[/td] [td]$75[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
trans.gif
[/td] [td]Baseline Field
(46 & 47 Rows 6-8, NO CLUB ACCESS)[/td] [td]$65[/td] [td]$65[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
trans.gif
[/td] [td]Field Box VIP[/td] [td]$120[/td] [td]$130[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
trans.gif
[/td] [td]Field Box MVP[/td] [td]$120[/td] [td]$130[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
trans.gif
[/td] [td]Infield Box[/td] [td]$95[/td] [td]$110[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
trans.gif
[/td] [td]Loge Box VIP[/td] [td]$90[/td] [td]$100[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
trans.gif
[/td] [td]Loge Box MVP[/td] [td]$70[/td] [td]$75[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
trans.gif
[/td] [td]Preferred Field Box[/td] [td]$70[/td] [td]$75[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
trans.gif
[/td] [td]Club[/td] [td]$65[/td] [td]$70[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
trans.gif
[/td] [td]Infield Loge Box[/td] [td]$60[/td] [td]$70[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
trans.gif
[/td] [td]Preferred Loge Box[/td] [td]$50[/td] [td]$55[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
trans.gif
[/td] [td]Field Box[/td] [td]$50[/td] [td]$60[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
trans.gif
[/td] [td]Infield Reserve[/td] [td]$28[/td] [td]$31[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
trans.gif
[/td] [td]Loge Box[/td] [td]$25[/td] [td]$30[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
trans.gif
[/td] [td]Reserve Accessible[/td] [td]$20[/td] [td]$23[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
trans.gif
[/td] [td]Lower Reserve[/td] [td]$20[/td] [td]$23[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
trans.gif
[/td] [td]Loge Accessible[/td] [td]$20[/td] [td]$25[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
trans.gif
[/td] [td]Reserve[/td] [td]$16[/td] [td]$19[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
trans.gif
[/td] [td]Left Field Pavilion[/td] [td]$11[/td] [td]$13[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
trans.gif
[/td] [td]All-You-Can-Eat Right Field Pavilion[/td] [td]$25*[/td] [td]$30*[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
trans.gif
[/td] [td]Top Deck[/td] [td]$9[/td] [td]$11[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
trans.gif
[/td] [td]Top Deck Accessible[/td] [td]$9[/td] [td]$11[/td] [/tr][/table]

pricing_2009.gif

I mean, to sit in the outfield we're paying $11 and $35 for AYCE in RF while in Anaheim it's $14-34
I sit in the loge for $25 while it's $34-46 at the A
Infield reserve is $28, Big A it's $35-42
Top Deck is $8, $18-25
eek.gif
wow

I enjoy your beer prices, I enjoy your Hot dogs in the outfield and the $8 parking though
smokin.gif

[h1]http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/dod...getting-a-workout-with-broxton-sidelined.html[/h1]
[h1]Belisario getting a workout with Broxton sidelined[/h1]
It's only fair that I point out that Ronald Belisario has worked the past three nights, throwing 25, 11 and 16 pitches for a total of 52 in 3 2/3 shutout innings. It's only the second time this season a Dodger pitcher has pitched three consecutive days. Jonathan Broxton pitched every game of the May 18-20 sweep of the Mets, though he only threw 39 pitches total in three shutout innings.

The departure from the routine has been precipitated by the cortisone shot Broxton needed for his sore toe. Broxton is day to day, with a Friday return being a possibility, according to Ken Gurnick of MLB.com, who writes that Will Ohman and Eric Milton are on track for a return next week, with Eric Stults and Claudio Vargas candidates down the road.

Belisario will certainly get Friday off.

Brent Leach has been stepping up. Since June 4, the rookie lefty has faced 15 batters and allowed only a single and a walk. He got the win tonight despite throwing only two pitches, the second of which induced a double play to end the top of the seventh, just ahead of Mark Loretta's go-ahead single in the Dodgers' 3-2 victory over Oakland.

As for the impending roster moves, this is a near-midnight guess, but I would say that Ohman and Milton might replace Travis Schlichting and A.J. Ellis. (By the way, Mitch Jones may be the designated hitter Friday against Angels lefty Joe Saunders, but can we get Ellis a 2009 at-bat one of these days?)

[h1]http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/dod...rehab-rescheduled-to-begin-tuesday-maybe.html[/h1]
[h1]Ramirez rehab rescheduled to begin Tuesday - maybe[/h1]
The latest on the latest comes from Dylan Hernandez of The Times.
Manny Ramirez is tentatively scheduled to return to the field on Tuesday in New Mexico, according to baseball sources who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they weren't authorized to discuss the matter.

Ramirez, who is in the final weeks of a 50-game suspension for violating baseball's drug policy, will be with the Dodgers' triple-A affiliate in Albuquerque for a four-game series that runs from June 23-26. His next stop will be with Class-A Inland Empire in San Bernardino for a three-game series from June 28-30.

The left fielder will work out with the Dodgers on July 1, travel with the team to San Diego on July 2 and be in the major league lineup on July 3 for the opening game of a three-game series against the Padres.

The schedule, however, is subject to change, the sources said.

The number of games Ramirez will play over his planned seven-game stretch in the minors hasn't been determined, but sources said the Dodgers want him to get about 25 at-bats. ...

Angels have this "Photo Pass" thing that lets you go on the field and take pictures with your favorite players.

Pretty cool.

Best Record Since May 6, 2009

Yankees 24-15 215 RS/163 RA
Dodgers 23-15 172 RS/145 RA
Angels 23-15 184 RS/164 RA
Red Sox 23-15 198 RS/149 RA

then %%+ did i pay $60 for?
laugh.gif

Yea i was tripping i havent bought angels tickets from the site/box office since '07 so they musta raised the prices with the success of the team i guess.I found some season ticket holders on ebay. Copped a pair of Field level. row J for $72
pimp.gif

What's up with us always having the younger brother?
laugh.gif

Jered, Jeff
Maicer, Cesar
Erick, Willy Aybar

you cant really compare the loge to the terrace level at the big A. terrace is still on the field. and their upper deck is nowhere near top deck status.
laugh.gif

but they do win with the cheap beer and parking.

tonight's lineup

Pierre, LF

Furcal, SS

Hudson, 2B

Blake, 3B

Ethier, RF

Kemp, CF

Loney, 1B

Martin, C

Jones, DH

Billingsley, P

[h3]Dodgers recall righty McDonald[/h3]Reliever Schlichting sent down; Broxton tests big toe
[h4]Related Links[/h4]
By Ken Gurnick / MLB.com

06/19/09 9:43 PM ET

ANAHEIM -- With long reliever Jeff Weaver starting Saturday night, the Dodgers recalled James McDonald from Triple-A Albuquerque to be a long reliever and sent right-handed reliever Travis Schlichting to Albuquerque.
[table][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][/table]
Manager Joe Torre said the uncertainty over Jonathan Broxton and his sore right big toe, and the fact that Ronald Belisario pitched each of the three previous games and was not available Friday night, prompted the move to "get us through the weekend."

Broxton tested his toe with a few throws off the bullpen mound during batting practice, and trainer Stan Conte said the closer might be available for the first Freeway Series game. Broxton missed the previous two games after receiving a cortisone injection for an inflamed nerve in the toe.

Torre said he told McDonald the promotion was temporary "as of now," because there are three disabled pitchers -- Eric Milton, Will Ohman and Eric Stults -- who figure to return soon.

"I didn't want him to think it was an audition for him," said Torre.

McDonald, so impressive last September and October, made the Opening Day roster as the fifth starter primarily off that memory, but pitched his way back to the Minor Leagues with a 6.75 ERA, experiencing command problems that followed him to Albuquerque until his last two starts.

He pitched seven innings each of his past two outings, allowing one earned run June 8 when he struck out 10, and no earned runs June 14 when he struck out 13. Over six starts, McDonald is 1-0 with a 3.26 ERA, 40 strikeouts and 14 walks in 30 1/3 innings.

McDonald credited Albuquerque pitching coach Jim Slaton with "waking me up, he lit a fire under me" as far as his approach to pitching."

"I got away from my game and who I was as a pitcher," McDonald said. "I was losing focus at some point. I have to keep my focus on every pitch no matter what."

Catcher A.J. Ellis, who caught McDonald on June 8, said the biggest difference he noticed was McDonald keeping his head upright during his delivery after tilting it sideways when he arrived at Albuquerque.

Schlichting has made only two appearances since being recalled on May 31 when Stults went on the disabled list. He allowed one earned run in 2 2/3 innings.

Milton is eligible to come off the disabled list Sunday and might if the club uses Weaver and McDonald Saturday. Otherwise, he's likely to remain disabled and make a Minor League rehab start Sunday before rejoining the rotation as the fifth starter at the end of next week.

[h3]http://diamondleung.tumblr.com/post/126576125/shawn-estes-retires[/h3]
[h3]Shawn Estes Retires[/h3]
Diamond Leung brings us the news that Shawn Estes, trying to make it back to the majors with the Dodgers' AAA affiliate in Albuquerque, has instead decided to retire, after 13 MLB seasons.

Thanks to Tripon for the link

Just got out of that whack #+% Friday traffic, home and time to enjoy the game.

I hope Mitch makes some noise in the DH spot. Raffy is still hitting like poop ... hope Russ can get it together.

mad.gif
Kemp got caught up

laugh.gif
james loney turned on the burners and still didnt make it

strike zone kinda shrunk that last inning
smh.gif

This dude blake looking like a vacuum out there
laugh.gif
smh.gif

-edit-

wow Pierre showing off the leather, too
laugh.gif

there's already been 3 web gems(aybar's play
pimp.gif
) in the game and it's the 3rd inning. Great defense by both teams.

-edit#2-

Right as i hit enter there's an error
laugh.gif

This is not the Bills we know, looks like he's pitching with a lot on his mind.

He needs to get it together, he's almost equal balls / strikes.

Gotta give yourself a chance bills.

Back
Top Bottom