OFFICIAL 2009 DODGERS SEASON THREAD : Season Over. Congratulations Phillies.

Andre.
pimp.gif

Awesome game. Just getting home right now. These guys keep me on the edge of my seat when they're down, a positive and a negative IMO. As long as theresult is a W I guess i'll take the Jekyll and Hyde appearances
laugh.gif

Thanks dude
smokin.gif

pimp.gif
Journey and the "Don't Stop Believin" is so on point at the Ravine.

We have seen amazing pitching performances from Haren, Garland, Hamels & Moyer and we've been fortunate to come out on top of those games 3-1.

It's weird, Dodgers use to always score in the 1st inning, now they've decided to switch that up and save it for the 9th
laugh.gif

A Win is a Win, no matter how much torture it was to watch the boys in first couple of innings.

A couple of uncharacteristic plays from Hudson, like that botched DP and such were a head scratchier.

Although Milton pitched decent, he was always pitching with runners on base, pitching behind and his defense didn't help him out when he really neededthem.

If Glavine is healthy (and with so many different conflicting reports whether he is still injured or not) he has a HUGE chip on his shoulder to prove he canstill go out there and pitch, I wouldn't mind if he took Milton's spot.

We really don't have that 'veteran' to coach / teach our young kids like Maddux did, and this could be a perfect fit for him.

I wanna get at 40 wins before 20 losses
pimp.gif

Btw, big ups to the bullpen: Mota (who looks like he might regaining a bit of form ever since his mechanics have been worked on), Leach, Troncosco, and the BigOx.

Mota sure is looking like he's slowly getting back to old form. I think it's safe to say we're all hopeful this ends up happening.

[h1]Dodgers legend isn't upset with Ramirez[/h1]

FARGO - Los Angeles Dodgers legend Maury Wills isn't upset with current Dodger Manny Ramirez for taking a substance banned by Major League Baseball.

In fact, Wills said Thursday that he understands the mindset of players that choose to take those shortcuts to keep a competitive edge.

"We glorify the stars, so everyone wants to be that star," Wills said before settling into the radio booth as a part-time analysts for the Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks independent baseball team. "A lot of times you are willing to go with it. Sometimes you think a guy across the field in the other dugout is doing something to enhance themselves, and he's beating you, I can't say that Maury Wills might not have done that."

Wills, 76, still teaches bunting and base stealing as a special instructor for the Dodgers.

He was named the National League MVP in 1962 after setting a single-season major league record with 104 stolen bases for Los Angeles.

Wills said he never took steroids throughout his 14-year career with the Dodgers, Pittsburgh and Montreal.

However, Wills said he isn't sure if he could have resisted the temptation to use performance-enhancing drugs had he played in the steroid-era.

"It wasn't around in my day, and I can say that I was a pure player," said Wills, who finished with 586 stolen bases. "I'm not saying that boastfully, because I don't know what I might have done. We're all products of our times."

Wills called Ramirez, who was suspended 50 games last month by Major League Baseball for using a banned substance, a good guy who made a poor choice.

"He's great in the clubhouse, he's a great inspiration to the young players, he talks to them, and he's a good individual," Wills said.

The 37-year-old Ramirez was hitting .348 with six home runs and 20 RBIs in 27 games before his suspension.

He reportedly recently began working during closed sessions before games at Dodger Stadium. Ramirez is eligible to return on July 3.

"We're waiting for him to get back, hoping he gets through this and it doesn't bother him too much," Wills said. "And hopefully he's the same person when he comes back."

The Forum and The Dickinson Press are both owned by Forum Communications Co.

you BN, i will know by 11am if I am going.. im not feeling too well and dont want to push it...

shoot me a PM if you still want tickets..

Damn forgot today was 1:10 start. Let's see how well Kuroda pitches...

I want to see if that walk off last night will spark our offense back.

Back
Top Bottom