OFFICIAL 2009 BOSTON RED SOX SEASON THREAD - (95-67) - Red Sox vs Angels - ALDS - Series 0-0

Originally Posted by JD617

Reason # 279 that the NL is a joke: Lugo is 6 for 10 with a homer, a double, and 2 triples so far with the Cards.
laugh.gif
smh.gif
Yeah right!
smh.gif

I don't think he ever had a triple for us.

Reason # 279 that the NL is a joke: Lugo is 6 for 10 with a homer, a double, and 2 triples so far with the Cards.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

I saw this yesterday when I was watching the Phillies/Cards game at relatives house in Philly.... I was
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
smh.gif
laugh.gif

that's following reason #278: john smoltz is 1-4, 7.04 ERA since joining the AL

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

laugh.gif
smh.gif
laugh.gif

that's following reason #278: john smoltz is 1-4, 7.04 ERA since joining the AL
Which is then followed by reason #280: The only NL team we are allowed to deal with from here on out is the Pirates.

Originally Posted by Yoda

Originally Posted by Proshares

I can't WAIT to see all the "Boston" fans come out after they pick up some wins on this homestand. They're a great home team I gotta say.

[celtixhalfshell] Sorry, i havent been around cuz i been beetin' off to this compilation i made of all the butt-slaps Papi and YOUUUUUUUUUUK give each other..Just you Skankee fans wait nd c, were gonna go in on the New Jerk Skankees and go wicked wild on da Evil Empiah..As sewn as we get bak 2 fenway, were gonna show the Sin-Stripes who deserves the AL Eeest. [/celtixhalfshell]

u know im not white and dont speak like ur stereotypical New Englander right
laugh.gif

DS..........what u said about wakes stress-lacking form
laugh.gif
i alwaysthought he pitched like he was 92 playin catch w/ his grandson.

ihavent seen been able 2 catch a game since Halladay went beserk on us tho.
gotta catch 2morrows when we play orlando cabrera and them. OC = ill Sox memories
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i'd actually rather have the yanks beat the rays if we can keep beating the a's....might as well distance the third place team while we can

as posted by KLJ in the trade deadline thread:

we have sent mark kotsay to the chi-sox for OF brian anderson

[h4]2009 Stats[/h4]
[table][tr][th=""]Avg[/th] [th=""]HR[/th] [th=""]RBI[/th] [th=""]Runs[/th] [/tr][tr][td].238[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]25[/td] [/tr][/table]

on further examination, not sure what was really accomplished. one bench guy for another? i dont know much about anderson, so maybe someone can fill me in

Stringer Bell 32 could probably give you a 500-word summary about him.

I wonder if the Sox just did this move to keep Kotsay away from the Yankees. Brett Gardner is on the DL and this prevents Johnny Damon from being taken out ofgames for defensive purposes.

laugh.gif
500 words of what?

Decent fielder.
Good baserunner/speed.
Terrible at the plate.

That's all they need to know.

Whats up guys?
pimp.gif

What does 3.5GB mean next to Boston?
nerd.gif

[table][tr][td]EAST[/td] [td]W[/td] [td]L[/td] [td]PCT[/td] [td]GB[/td] [td]HOME[/td] [td]ROAD[/td] [td]RS[/td] [td]RA[/td] [td]DIFF[/td] [td]STRK[/td] [td]L10[/td] [/tr][tr][td]NY Yankees[/td] [td]62[/td] [td]39[/td] [td].614[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]35-17[/td] [td]27-22[/td] [td]562[/td] [td]478[/td] [td]+84[/td] [td]Won 1[/td] [td]8-2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Boston[/td] [td]58[/td] [td]42[/td] [td].580[/td] [td]3.5[/td] [td]34-17[/td] [td]24-25[/td] [td]512[/td] [td]432[/td] [td]+80[/td] [td]Lost 2[/td] [td]3-7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Tampa Bay[/td] [td]55[/td] [td]47[/td] [td].539[/td] [td]7.5[/td] [td]31-17[/td] [td]24-30[/td] [td]528[/td] [td]462[/td] [td]+66[/td] [td]Lost 1[/td] [td]4-6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Toronto[/td] [td]49[/td] [td]53[/td] [td].480[/td] [td]13.5[/td] [td]29-23[/td] [td]20-30[/td] [td]494[/td] [td]452[/td] [td]+42[/td] [td]Lost 2[/td] [td]4-6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Baltimore[/td] [td]43[/td] [td]57[/td] [td].430[/td] [td]18.5[/td] [td]27-23[/td] [td]16-34[/td] [td]460[/td] [td]522[/td] [td]-62[/td] [td]Won 1[/td] [td]3-7[/td] [/tr][/table]

Spoiler [+]
yankees050908.jpg
yankees050908.jpg
yankees050908.jpg

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
wink.gif
pimp.gif

Ugh

Yankees are hot right now though while the Red Sox are stumbling. Just look at the last 10, Sox went 3-7 while Yanks went 8-2 and they are still only 3.5 back.It's not a huge deal......yet.

Originally Posted by Ecook0808

If we coulda split our season series with you guys so far....

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
And the Ifs keep coming. Yea your right. But you havnt split the season series. We wont be this bad for the rest of the year. And I dont know if Isee you guys being as good as you've been. since the break. Everything will even out at then end of the day. And as long as you guys cant beat us we willbe good. Because 3.5 games is just one series with you guys. And thats coming up mighty soon I might add.

You guys were streaking the last time we played and we were playing like $*%* going into that series as well. But I dont think I have to remind anyone of theoutcome. Bottom line 3.5 is nothing in July. Im not worried........................................Yet!!!!!

O and me and my people just got tickets to the Sept 27th Sox/Yanks game at Yankee stadium. Last game between the two of the season. Should be great. And if ithappens to be for the division lead I might end up gettin jumped cuz ima be talking a lot of trash if we winning.

bottom line is we gotta finally beat u guys this year before we can really talk %%*$. i'll save my chirpin till then .........

Originally Posted by onewearz

bottom line is we gotta finally beat u guys this year before we can really talk %%*$. i'll save my chirpin till then .........
laugh.gif
i'm sure you'll beat us at least once...just keep beating rays when you get the chance. dont worry about beating us.

Originally Posted by Proshares

I'm def going to try to get tickets to the Sept 27th game now.

Im not sure the exact section yet because my boy is getting the tickets but ill be there. Its prolly gonna be on the upper deck area since we gotta go throughstubhub and some of the people going dont wanna spend over 120 for a ticket.

I feel disgusting, I'm actually looking forward to meeting two Sox fans at Yanks/Sox games. I need a bath.

Back
Top Bottom