OFFICIAL 2009/2010 La Liga Season Thread

Hell of a game by Barca! I was a bit sad that CR9 was taken out of the match, I thought the game was so much better when he was in it. I don't like the guybut I respect his game. Messi was doing really well in the game, sure he missed an easy goal, but overall he was driving the defense crazy. Iniesta and Xavywere phenomenal, these guys are so good at controlling the pace of the game. Finally, Puyol is a beast!

As far as Real Madrid, need a better coach in my opinion. I mean, why would you take out your best horse when you're in the middle of war? Doesn't makesense to me, you gotta ride with your best player. Kaka played well and did what he was supposed to do but had no help.

Pellegrini was protecting him. CR made his return versus Zurich subbing in at about the 70th minute. He couldn't go the full 90 here. Its the reason hedidn't appear too frustrated or shocked at the decision.

i had to search for this thread...La Liga fans,where y'all at?
laugh.gif

anyway,Real Madrid got a scare before eventually beating Almeria 4-2...
Ronaldo did EVERYTHING in that game...
- created a goal
- won a penalty
- missed a penalty
- scored a goal
- got sent off

roll.gif

right now Barca is away at Deportivo...1-1 with about ½ hour of normal time left...

Pepe suffered knee ligament damage when he fell awkwardly in that game against Valencia...
his season's over - at least 6 months out and his World Cup dreams are not looking good as well...

That Real/Valencia game was really good. Probably the most entertaining Liga game of this season

I was hoping Valencia would take it

Devestating blow to our ambitions with Pepe done for the season. Hopefully, he can participate in the World Cup.

Club World Cup finals are going on now.

The Argentine champions (I've never heard of them
laugh.gif
) are up 1-0 andwithstanding Barcelona's offensive onslaught.

10 mins left.

You can catch the ending here...

http://atdhe.net/

You knew it was coming. Pedro equalizes for Barca in the 88th min.

Looks like they'll be playing for 30 more mins.

Lol... he scored with a diving-chester... How'd he get there!?

What color is the Barca away kit? Infrared? It used to be more orange...

Messi scores with his chest in the 110th min to put Barca ahead 2-1.

We always knew he was lethal with his feet. He showed us against Man Utd. that he could score with his head. Now he shows the world that he's just asdeadly with his chest
pimp.gif

What color is the Barca away kit? Infrared?
They have 2 away kits. This orangeish/pink one and a yellow one.

-La Liga Champs
-Copa Del Rey Champs
-Spanish Super Cup Champs
-UCL Champs
-UEFA Super Cup Champs
-Club World Cup Champs

Thats what you call dominance
pimp.gif

6 titles!? damn.

Forget about those North American teams... Barca is the team of the year...

Estudiantes' defense did prety well considering the offensive barrage by Barcelona. They had a couple of really good chances to not only keep the lead(which they lost in the 89th minute), but also to tie up the game again in overtime. Juan Veron played his heart out and was one of the reasons why they heldup fairly well.

I was kinda hoping they'd win just to bring Barcelona fans down to earth a bit (I'm a Barcelona fan, but not like the rabid a-hole type fan that I tendto come across usually).

Anyway, it was a good win by a great team. Great teams usually find a way to win.

Great game by both teams today. Estudiantes played their hearts out. You can tell it was over once Barcelona equalised late in the game.

Although, in the last play of the game, Sebas free kick was nearly put in the net. Barca deserved it more with its overall play i'd say. Great game nonethe less.

Just finished seeing it...

-Pedro is officially in my favorite players list.
-Messi
pimp.gif

-Pep deserves the contract extension Laporta is preparing (allegedly)...

I think that Barca may have found their long term replacement at the left wing in Pedro. He has been very impressive this season and is an excellent finisher.Del Bosque may have to seriously consider putting this kid on the World Cup squad.

Thierry Henry looks like he's done or he seems to be lacking chemistry with Ibrahimovic. It may be a combination of both.

Ibrahimovic with yet another dismal performance in a relatively important match. 1 goal in 6 UCL matches plus poor performances in the UEFA Super Cup and ClubWorld Cup have me wondering if this guy can handle the pressure of big games. He better start scoring some goals when the UCL knockout stage rolls around oreven more questions will be asked of his ability to handle pressure.

Back
Top Bottom