Official: 2009-2010 Fantasy Basketball Thread

tongue.gif
Chester the Cheetah wrote:

Fizzy, trade me Gerald Wallace and/or Deron Williams.
happy.gif

Also, to the guy above... Kendrick Perkins has a VERY underrated fantasy game... I'd stand put, IMO. You can get points anywhere, but a 60%+ big man with rebounds and blocks are hard to come by.

thanks for the advice! looks like i'll stand put. thanks again for the advice! 

lets see how darren collison fares out, i picked him up in my money league.

another potential sleeper is Marcus Thornton.. I lost both Gil and now CP3 so im shuffling my team around.. and with devin brown traded Thorntons been balling

I hope he does poorly, because i missed out in all my leagues.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

But caron is arguably a 2nd/3rd round pick. perkins is a good fantasy center, but im sure you can get way more value then that for caron.

Originally Posted by 2g00d4u

yeah i checked their game logs. i guess one of them would be better long term than Martell webster.

VC is killing me. I might as well pick up JJ...

I proposed a trade to a Nter, but dude rarely checks his team. VC for Steph Jackson
laugh.gif
Trade with me! But I don't want VC... I see you have been making moves lately. A lot of moves. Haha.

Originally Posted by Mr Fizzy Womack

sick.gif

What the hell is really goin' on with JRICH??!?!?!

I can't even trade this dude anymore.
at least we got a good first couple months out of him
tired.gif

I thought his numbers would go up with Barbosa hurt... didnt seem to happen that way

Damn, I should have picked up Collison yesterday, I could have used those 14 assists tonight.

At this point, who do you think is better to drop for Kirilenko.
J Thompson or Diaw? I was convinced it will be Diaw but Thompson just can't do much, at least Diaw is averaging 5 reb and 5 ast plus a blk and steal here or there.
I am just worried that when Tyson comes back, Diaw will start to stink it up again.

just traded granger, tony parker and yi for nash and josh smith...

team:
rondo
roy
melo
haywood
camby
d. lee
rip
artest
ariza
marc gasol
reddick

good trade?

Originally Posted by Mr Fizzy Womack

Originally Posted by PatentBoy23

people in one of my leagues are either cheating or morons. recent trade: manu, Yi, and Stuckey for Bosh, Rondo, and Brooks
sick.gif

How do you even let that happen?? I'd be in the Commish's ear to veto that...
nerd.gif
I vetoed the trade immediately but I'll email the commish (I doubt he'll respond).  I'm about to cut J Tom (Millsap and Robin are FAs) if he doesn't turn it around this wk.  Collison making me proud last nite altho I don't really need the assts but need 3s and pts. 

missed out on marcus thornton..argh

i do like collison's contribution to the hornets..pls CP3 take your sweet time in rehab and rest up until playoff time
laugh.gif

What's good, everyone? It's been a minute since I last visited NT. I'm in need of some quick, but solid fantasy advice.

I dropped Johnny Flynn for Darren Collison this past Sunday, and so far I'm impressed. But what are your thoughts on the two PG. Who gives me better value overall for the long-term (assuming CP3 remains sidelined for the next 1-2 months)?

I finally reached 1st place last week, and I wanna make sure I'm set for the stretch run and playoffs. I'll post the rest of my squad if you're interested. Please let me know. Thanks!

Originally Posted by offbad

flynn sucks.

Lol. I can totally sympathize. He's been very inconsistent and extremely TO-prone all year. Add the fact that Rambis keeps messing with his minutes and the Triangle O isn't really bringing out his strengths. Yet for some reason, he's still averaging a solid 5.0+ AST for the month.
eyes.gif
I'm just worried that one of the other managers in the top 5 might grab him to fill a need for AST.

So... I take it you would take Collison > Flynn then. Thanks for the advice.

Anyone else?

BTW, here's my team for your reference:

PG     Derrick Rose (Chi - PG)
SG     Tyreke Evans (Sac - PG,SG)
G     Jamal Crawford (Atl - PG,SG)
SF     Jason Richardson (Pho - SG,SF)
PF     Gerald Wallace (Cha - SF,PF)
F     Caron Butler (Was - SG,SF)
C     Pau Gasol (LAL - PF,C) 
C     Al Horford (Atl - PF,C)
Util     J.R. Smith (Den - SG,SF) 
Util     Paul Millsap (Uta - SF,PF)
BN     Darren Collison (NO - PG,SG)
BN     Marcus Thornton (NO - PG,SG) 
BN     Channing Frye (Pho - PF,C)

I realize I'm a bit guard-heavy. I definitely could use some BLK's and maybe less TO's. Any suggestions? Should I even worry about picking up Flynn?

^package together jrich and caron for a guys like bargnani, kaman, bogut or camby. i don't really see anything wrong with your lineup other than maybe a little lack of ast and blks 

Originally Posted by diew its james

^package together jrich and caron for a guys like bargnani, kaman, bogut or camby. i don't really see anything wrong with your lineup other than maybe a little lack of ast and blks 

Thanks for the advice, diew. I was thinking along the same lines. Someone's offering me Josh Smith, Carlos Delfino, and Beno Udrih for Derrick Rose, Caron Butler, and Darren Collison. Apparently, he's in need of PG help.

I'm not too impressed by that offer, although I do feel like Josh Smith would help push me over the top with his STL and BLK. What could/should I counter with? Everyone's opinions on this are welcome.

Here's his team, btw:
PG     Beno Udrih (Sac - PG,SG) 
SG     Carlos Delfino (Mil - SG,SF)
G     Eric Gordon (LAC - SG)
SF     Josh Smith (Atl - SF,PF)
PF     Carl Landry (Hou - SF,PF)
F     Thaddeus Young (Phi - SF,PF) 
C     Al Jefferson (Min - PF,C)
C     Brook Lopez (NJ - PF,C)
Util     Luke Ridnour (Mil - PG)
Util     Hedo Turkoglu (Tor - SG,SF)
BN     Danilo Gallinari (NY - SF)
BN     Amar'e Stoudemire (Pho - PF,C)
BN     Chris Duhon (NY - PG) 

add duhon if you don't care about FG%

so long as dalembert is playing with AI he is good money. and kobe is kobe.

Back
Top Bottom