Official: 2008 NBA Playoffs 2nd Round: Game 4 Lakers @ Jazz 5/11 12:30PM PST: Game on ABC HD

As was seen today, kobe was trying to be the hero and close this game out instead of involving his team and he failed miserably. Kobe is gonna shoot the Lakers right out of this series
I enjoy watching Kobe play and I think he is the best INDIVIDUAL one one one player in the league, but this is exactly why I thought CP3 deservedthe MVP.....Last nights game could have gone for the Lakers if Kobe didnt chuck ugly 3's and jumpers...he was forcing shots and not recognizing his team atall..
I dont undertand how dude acts like he's hurt, sure he has a bad back,.....how can that be possible when he is celebrating and posing after shooting a J? Iam still sketchy on this dudes authencity. He complains about a back problem, then he comes back in the game and tries to dominate, lies on the floor aftercharging into 2 Utah players and sits there, and doesnt come back and play D? I mean jesus, why not sub out and sit out the rest of the game if it'shurting that bad? Why would you continue to hurt your team and shoot ugly shots?

Originally Posted by solesavage

As was seen today, kobe was trying to be the hero and close this game out instead of involving his team and he failed miserably. Kobe is gonna shoot the Lakers right out of this series
I enjoy watching Kobe play and I think he is the best INDIVIDUAL one one one player in the league, but this is exactly why I thought CP3 deserved the MVP.....Last nights game could have gone for the Lakers if Kobe didnt chuck ugly 3's and jumpers...he was forcing shots and not recognizing his team at all..
I dont undertand how dude acts like he's hurt, sure he has a bad back,.....how can that be possible when he is celebrating and posing after shooting a J? I am still sketchy on this dudes authencity. He complains about a back problem, then he comes back in the game and tries to dominate, lies on the floor after charging into 2 Utah players and sits there, and doesnt come back and play D? I mean jesus, why not sub out and sit out the rest of the game if it's hurting that bad? Why would you continue to hurt your team and shoot ugly shots?

33 10 8
Easy there tiger. He hurt the Lakers in OT, no doubt, but why would he sit out when he is still doing numbers like that?
He forced it in OT, forced it real bad. But that's no reason to all of a sudden say he's not the MVP, he's soft, he's not clutch, and whateverelse you just said.
He had a terrible five minutes. If he was sitting out up to that point, we don't even make it to that 5 minutes. So let's just see how he comes backfor game 5.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

I enjoy watching Kobe play and I think he is the best INDIVIDUAL one one one player in the league, but this is exactly why I thought CP3 deserved the MVP.....Last nights game could have gone for the Lakers if Kobe didnt chuck ugly 3's and jumpers...he was forcing shots and not recognizing his team at all..
I dont undertand how dude acts like he's hurt, sure he has a bad back,.....how can that be possible when he is celebrating and posing after shooting a J? I am still sketchy on this dudes authencity. He complains about a back problem, then he comes back in the game and tries to dominate, lies on the floor after charging into 2 Utah players and sits there, and doesnt come back and play D? I mean jesus, why not sub out and sit out the rest of the game if it's hurting that bad? Why would you continue to hurt your team and shoot ugly shots?

33 10 8
Easy there tiger. He hurt the Lakers in OT, no doubt, but why would he sit out when he is still doing numbers like that?
He forced it in OT, forced it real bad. But that's no reason to all of a sudden say he's not the MVP, he's soft, he's not clutch, and whatever else you just said.
He had a terrible five minutes. If he was sitting out up to that point, we don't even make it to that 5 minutes. So let's just see how he comes back for game 5.
wink.gif

Thank you. I do put blame on Kobe but when his teammates keep giving him the dang ball. Why didn't Odom or Gasol just take it and make plays for Fishand Sasha?

On a side note Sasha>>>Farmar. Sasha has proved himself and I used to be against this dude on the team. But one thing he never stopped doing evenwhen he wasn't hitting his shot or going to the rim was playing D. He plays D regardless of his shot and you can't ask that from many players intodays game.

We win in 6.

33 10 8
He forced it in OT, forced it real bad. But that's no reason to all of a sudden say he's not the MVP, he's soft, he's not clutch, and whatever else you just said.
He had a terrible five minutes. If he was sitting out up to that point, we don't even make it to that 5 minutes. So let's just see how he comes back for game 5.
wink.gif

Dude took 33 shots to get 33 points that ain't great no matter no you slice it.

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

33 10 8
wink.gif

Dude took 33 shots to get 33 points that ain't great no matter no you slice it.

great? not at all you're right. BUT he kept us close throughout the game (as many people have already noted). sure I would've liked to see himdefer to Fish/Lamar in the 4th/OT but we're talking about Kobe and you know he's not just gonna give up the ball, especially with the game that close.
I really hope Phil runs the offense more through Lamar in game 5 (by the way how'd he make that 3
laugh.gif
) because Utah has no answer for him off the dribbleunless they put a smaller/quicker guy on him in which case he should go right to the post.

33 10 8
wink.gif

when you dominate games and decide to take games upon yourself, it will only cause harm to your team. He's intimdating to his team and if yousit there and tell me that doesnt play a factor then you're lying to yourself.....Look at game 3 when Walton commited a simple mistake when they were downby 4 points...Kobe yelled at him and punked him on National TV. Nobody punks Kobe when Kobe throws away games when he decides to take over games....all I amsaying is, whether you like it or not, when Kobe plays the way he did yesterday, it will only lower the players confidence.

you guys are ridiculous kobe didn't do anything that he hasn't done before or is known for. hell see game 4 vs. the Nuggets this playoffs, the Lakersmore often than not go to him time after time in the clutch when the game is on the line, difference is he didn't deliver like he usually does, partly duebecause of the back injury so he wasn't able to get to the hole like he usually does. He's the best closer in the game, and has taken over games at theend and the lakers have won, but since he didn't make the shots that we're accustomed to him hitting, he all of a sudden is a ballhog and lowering histeammates confidence. UNBELIEVABLE, if he would've hit 2 more of those shots in OT, I guarandamntee everyone would be singing a different tune.

33 10 8
wink.gif
when you dominate games and decide to take games upon yourself, it will only cause harm to your team. He's intimdating to his team and if you sit there and tell me that doesnt play a factor then you're lying to yourself.....Look at game 3 when Walton commited a simple mistake when they were down by 4 points...Kobe yelled at him and punked him on National TV. Nobody punks Kobe when Kobe throws away games when he decides to take over games....all I am saying is, whether you like it or not, when Kobe plays the way he did yesterday, it will only lower the players confidence.

*scrathes head* uh....I have no idea what the hell we are talking about. I thought I clearly said that he sucked in OT, but without him we don't evenmake it to OT. After that, I have no idea why you are talking Kobe circa 2006. 5 minutes, not the whole game, not the whole series, 5 minutes. Stop makingit more then that.

Kobe Bryant left no doubt after the Lakers' practice today that he'll be on the court Wednesday for Game 5 against the Utah Jazz at Staples Center in the Western Conference Semifinals. Bryant said his lower back, which he injured in Game 4 on Sunday in Salt Lake City, was "sore, tight and stiff." LA Times

Bryant suffered a spasm in his lower back while taking a shot early in Game 4. The Jazz beat the Lakers in overtime, 123-115, to even their best-of-seven game series at two games apiece. LA Times

Back
Top Bottom