[| -- Official 2008 "Glow In The Dark" Tour: KanYe, Lupe, N.E.R.D. & Rihanna Post -- |]

YO!

1 - I expected a few more tracks.
2 - Me and my homeboys did our best song sampling that Journey track.
pimp.gif

3 - I'm going to lose my ever-loving mind when "Spaceship" drops.

DF!!!

^you gotta remember ant, some of these songs were waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay longer than you'd think, and all the tracks "flow" in a story like matter

posted in NIKE forum by you big dummy

ye2hv0.jpg

2mgqwxu.png

Originally Posted by Mr Fizzy Womack

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Yeah I read an artcile earlier today that Pharrell lost his voice because of all the smoke, Kanye apparently also made sure not to curse during his set which I don't get but whatever.

laugh.gif
Kanye cursed through his whole set.
cor23ey wrote:

I went to the Seattle show yesturday.

Lupe Opened up, crazy good set. Opened up to the hello/goodbye rock track.
Nikki Jean came out. It was a great opener.

N.E.R.D. was real hype, except Pharrell lost his voice halfway throughout the performance
because of the smoke machine. He came out after they left and appoligized for cussing?
indifferent.gif
oh well.

Rihannas was actually really dope. I never listened to Rihannas music, but shes a great performer. They had a
pretty sick switch-up between songs.

And Kanye. #*@* was more like a movie than a concert! Talking to a screen like it was a robot. He brought
out a naked Maramaki sp? girl from the top of the stage. His stand had a pulse coming out when he stepped in the first few songs.
But he got the crowd really into it. Everyone got pumped when he played "Can't tell me nothing and Good life".
The songs all had added on endings, ect. to keep it going. All and all, never really lost attention. The set was amazing.

People went crazy chucking glowsticks after the performances when the lights were off!
roll.gif
Co-sign everything...

From Lupe's opening set to the very end of the show, all the performances were
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

For all those going to future shows and hope to get pics & vids, you may as well leave your cameras at home.
tired.gif

Camera phones were fine to have, but if you had an actual camera or mini-recorder security gave the ol'
2u94kmh.jpg
; They even confiscated the camera of the people next to me and told'em to pick it up after the concert was over.
smh.gif

I couldn't even light my piff cuz security was roaming the WHOLE time LOOKING for people to throw out.
smh.gif

The concert itself is probably the best show top to bottom I've ever seen, but the security was so tight I couldn't really have fun like I wanted to.
tired.gif

Maybe y'all will have better luck in different cities, tho.
ohwell.gif

*sidenote: Yall got a LOT of Jonas-wannabe's/look-a-likes in Seattle... CUT THAT OUT!!!
laugh.gif
smh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Fizzy - I read about the cursing thing in an article, guess they were BSing.

smh.gif
@ no "We Major"....I want those shirts BTW.

i have to be the only person super-geeked for this going 3 times lol, tomorow in sac with my home girl, 4/21 nokia and in june at staples
roll.gif
....mite sell that june ticket if the price is right
tongue.gif

compared to the touch the sky concert this looks to be 10x better and that was the best concert ive experienced in life (been to a few!).

was there any guest appearances by any other artists, common, jaime foxx?? crs??

Originally Posted by AirAnt23

YO!

1 - I expected a few more tracks.
2 - Me and my homeboys did our best song sampling that Journey track.
pimp.gif

3 - I'm going to lose my ever-loving mind when "Spaceship" drops.

DF!!!

As soon as I heard the intro to it, on everything, I got a chill up my spine.

That ONE song made my night complete.... He could've walked off the stage right after that, and I wouldn't have been mad.
Fizzy - I read about the cursing thing in an article, guess they were BSing.
Yeah, I don't know what the author of that article was hearing but Kanye was definitely cursing.

I'm uploading what few pics I do have.

Short clip vids coming tomorrow.

Originally Posted by Sole5tar

i have to be the only person super-geeked for this going 3 times lol, tomorow in sac with my home girl, 4/21 nokia and in june at staples
roll.gif
....mite sell that june ticket if the price is right
tongue.gif

compared to the touch the sky concert this looks to be 10x better and that was the best concert ive experienced in life (been to a few!).

was there any guest appearances by any other artists, common, jaime foxx?? crs??

Man listen... I might go to the show in Portland in June... Yes, it's THAT good!

Unforturnately, there were no guest appearances and no CRS.

PICS:

20s9c1h.jpg

voaikh.jpg

Security was on my nuts about taking pics, so I couldn't get any during NERD's & Rhianna's set.
mad.gif

k9j19u.jpg

e9ssk2.jpg

If security is that tight about camera's it's usually @ the artists request, Hov I didn't hear of any problems so I'll wait and see.

4/19 San Jose, HP Pavilion

CANT WAIT FOR THIS +$%% TO GO DOWN

i'll upload some iphone pics if they're any good

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

If security is that tight about camera's it's usually @ the artists request, Hov I didn't hear of any problems so I'll wait and see.

I figured that...
This was the first concert where security was this tight.

Here's my best clip of "Stronger":

yeezy is hands down the best performer i've ever seen in person.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

hes all about himself though having the computer saying how hes the "brightest star" in the universe
roll.gif

someone should send a memo to pharrell telling him to cut the smoke so people can actually hear him next time
roll.gif

Originally Posted by kobe85

damn i was hoping he would do his verse of throw some Ds.
He did it when i saw him in CT in July, forgot the lyrics halfway through, might have second thoughts about performin it again ha

man i hope they work out the kinks as far as the smoke for the middle and later shows.....
those shirts are available on kanye's website FYI if you want to get it early.....ima need a tour shirt and i WANTED a lupe shirt but i guess not.
SPACESHIP, GET EM HIGH, TOUCH THE SKY= DOPENESS
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by j j j JT t t t

4/19 im there. i dont usually go this type of concert but a friend got me tickets and i do want to see nerd and kanye..

i read somewhere that NERD wasn't going to be at the san jose one this sat.
grin.gif

i sold my ticket to my friends bf. i guess i overhyped it for myself.
laugh.gif

Man I can't wait.. but I'm kind of bummed that there's no "We Major" and more college dropout songs...

2gts1mg.jpg

they have that blue shirt in red as well. THere was also a black shirt, with just the bear logo from the blue shirt, on the front and back, and kanye west glow
in the dark tour on the sleeve

there was a solid grey shirt with kanye west glow in the dark tour written from top to bottom on the front of a grey shirt

no n.e.r.d. shirts, no lupe, a few rihanna shirts, and a couple other kanye shirts with his picture on the front, and the tour dates on the back

So, how much did these tour shirts costs?

$35

compared to justin timberlake selling $60 panties at the fs/lt concert from what my friend told me....this was fine hahhaha

Man this concert was so effin crazy last night
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I don't even know where to begin, so I'll just jot down random things

-First things first. Maaaaad breezies
glasses.gif

- I seen a couple people that could pass for NTers
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

-If you can, try eating before hand because prices there are ridiculous
eek.gif

- Well at least at Key Arena, getting there early wasn't really an issue because they go by seats. So its not like your rushing to get to the stage oranything.

-They didn't let people in the actual arena part for awhile. I guess the artists didn't want to practice in front of people when it spoils therepresence
laugh.gif
. I understand

-Security overall was pretty lax in my opinion. They didn't even pat us down at the doors. You coulda had the cal on you if you really wanted
laugh.gif
. As long as you didn't have a video camera you were good to go . FizzyI'm assuming you had floor seats? That was probably why they cared about cameras so much. I mean there was mad security down there anyways. All theattention was on you guys. But where we were seated (100 section)
I swear they did not care about anything man. N's were lightin up all throughout the show. Just burnin . I seen it at least 10 times. I swear these onegroup of friends brought like 4 blunts. I'm like "pass that !+! back here man". Grape swishers seems to be the crowd favorite.
laugh.gif

Merchandise:

From what I saw you could buy:
-Programs (?)
-Posters(?)
-Glowsticks(?)
-Keychains($5)
-KanYe glasses($10) Man not even worth it. The material is like laminated paper. I'm not sayin its completelywack. But for $10 dollars b?
eyes.gif

-Concert tees($35) Bread and butter of the merchandise. Be expected to stand in long, jam packed crowded lines. I expected them to sell out real fast but theywere still sellin strong before the concert, during the concert, and even after when it was over. They had a huge surplus. The men had like several choices andthe women also. Shirts also came in different colors too. I bought one. Its a black shirt and it has the bear wearing the 'Ye glasses.

CONCERT

LUPE

Lupe went first as you might already know. He did pretty good. I thought the crowd didn't really completely warm up to him like I thought theywould. I'm thinkin because I swear he did a song or two with the lights on. And that really throws the crowd off. Also some songs he did were off the TheCool and a lot of the songs on there are kinda the melodramatic type. It seemed like the crowd was really confused when he doing those type off songs. Add tothe fact that he spits really fast. But when he did like "kick, push", "superstar", "paris, tokyo", "hip hop saved mylife" the crowd went nuts on those songs. I think he did those four songs last and ended with really good momentum

*intermission*

N.E.R.D.

Second act of the show. These guys really got the crowd hyped. People were drinking and smokin. So that got the people loose and the crowd opened upmore. Plus they're more of like a band type and help the crowd get hype. Pharrell like lost his voice kinda because of the smoke machine. Oh yeah and hekept doin that stupid "Charlie Brown" dance
laugh.gif
. And they alsodid...I forget what its called but the hook goes "All the girls standing in the line for the bathroom". Its that new song they got out. But yeah.N.E.R.D. gave the crowd that shot of adrenaline and people were like pumped now. You could see it in the crowd

*intermission*
During this Pharrell came out apologized to the fans for cursing because I guess he got word there was a 5 year old front row. Crowd was all laughin. It wasgreat
laugh.gif

RIHANNA

Yes her forehead really is that big in person lol. But nah she came out wearing these sexy @#! outfits. She had that sexy swagger performintoo. She had a really cool background set. I dont really know too much of her songs but she did that "S.O.S." song. Cant remember if she did"Pon de Replay'' and ended with "Umbrella". The crowd really enjoyed her presence.

*really long @#! intermission*

KANYE

Saved the best for last. I mean afterall its his tour lol. Man, watching his performance, was likewatching a movie (literally). This dude came out and gave an Oscar like worthy performance. No lie. The amount of energy and passion he brings out there wascrazy. Just lays it all on the line. I can honestly say this guy performed almost 20 songs. Crowd was CRAZY hyped every song man... it was something else. Hisbackground set was awesome too. Like I said earlier it was like you were watching a movie. I don't want to spoil too much on his performance details soyou'll just have to find out yourself
wink.gif

GO TO THIS CONCERT PEOPLE!!!

You are doing yourself a favor

pimp.gif

Good recap Scienz.
pimp.gif

Sorry, I missed your PM tho.
ohwell.gif

Scienz of Life wrote:

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

glasses.gif

laugh.gif
nerd.gif

eek.gif

- Well at least at Key Arena, getting there early wasn't really an issue because they go by seats. So its not like your rushing to get to the stage or anything.

-They didn't let people in the actual arena part for awhile. I guess the artists didn't want to practice in front of people when it spoils there presence
laugh.gif
. I understand

-Security overall was pretty lax in my opinion. They didn't even pat us down at the doors. You coulda had the cal on you if you really wanted
laugh.gif
. As long as you didn't have a video camera you were good to go . Fizzy I'm assuming you had floor seats? That was probably why they cared about cameras so much. I mean there was mad security down there anyways. All the attention was on you guys. But where we were seated (100 section)
I swear they did not care about anything man. N's were lightin up all throughout the show. Just burnin . I seen it at least 10 times. I swear these one group of friends brought like 4 blunts. I'm like "pass that !+! back here man". Grape swishers seems to be the crowd favorite.
laugh.gif

Merchandise:

-Programs (?)
-Posters(?)
-Glowsticks(?)
-Keychains($5)
-KanYe glasses($10) Man not even worth it. The material is like laminated paper. I'm not sayin its completely wack. But for $10 dollars b?
eyes.gif

-Concert tees($35) Bread and butter of the merchandise. Be expected to stand in long, jam packed crowded lines. I expected them to sell out real fast but they were still sellin strong before the concert, during the concert, and even after when it was over. They had a huge surplus. The men had like several choices and the women also. Shirts also came in different colors too. I bought one. Its a black shirt and it has the bear wearing the 'Ye glasses.
1. Maaaaaaaan
smh.gif
.... I could've caught a case. Her face &body said, "I'm 23!" but once she started talking, all I heard was "I'm 15!"
smh.gif

2. Only a couple?
eek.gif
If I didn't know any better, I would've thought I was at theNT WORLD Summit.

3. Yeah, I had floor seats. I got the 4-star VIP tickets from Iloveallaccess.com. We didn't even get our "special gift" for ordering through thewebsite cuz there was a "manufacturing error." All they gave was us an envelope w/ some pics of Kanye in it and a note saying they're gonna mailour special gift to us.
smh.gif

mad.gif
tired.gif
@ yallsmokin' freely.

5. There were no programs. There are 2 posters ($10 each). One is the artwork from the Graduation CD booklet and the other is Rhianna's. I don'tremember exactly what was on her poster tho. I'm pretty sure the glowsticks were $5, but don't quote me on that.

I got the white shirt & the Kanye poster.

Good recap Scienz.
pimp.gif

Sorry, I missed your PM tho.
ohwell.gif

Scienz of Life wrote:

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

glasses.gif

laugh.gif
nerd.gif

eek.gif

- Well at least at Key Arena, getting there early wasn't really an issue because they go by seats. So its not like your rushing to get to the stage or anything.

-They didn't let people in the actual arena part for awhile. I guess the artists didn't want to practice in front of people when it spoils there presence
laugh.gif
. I understand

laugh.gif
. As long as you didn't have a video camera you were good to go . Fizzy I'm assuming you had floor seats? That was probably why they cared about cameras so much. I mean there was mad security down there anyways. All the attention was on you guys. But where we were seated (100 section)
I swear they did not care about anything man. N's were lightin up all throughout the show. Just burnin . I seen it at least 10 times. I swear these one group of friends brought like 4 blunts. I'm like "pass that !+! back here man". Grape swishers seems to be the crowd favorite.
laugh.gif

Merchandise:

-Programs (?)
-Posters(?)
-Glowsticks(?)
-Keychains($5)
-KanYe glasses($10) Man not even worth it. The material is like laminated paper. I'm not sayin its completely wack. But for $10 dollars b?
eyes.gif

-Concert tees($35) Bread and butter of the merchandise. Be expected to stand in long, jam packed crowded lines. I expected them to sell out real fast but they were still sellin strong before the concert, during the concert, and even after when it was over. They had a huge surplus. The men had like several choices and the women also. Shirts also came in different colors too. I bought one. Its a black shirt and it has the bear wearing the 'Ye glasses.
1. Maaaaaaaan
smh.gif
.... I could've caught a case. Her face & body said, "I'm 23!" but once she started talking, all I heard was "I'm 15!"
smh.gif

2. Only a couple?
eek.gif
If I didn't know any better, I would've thought I was at the NT WORLD Summit.

3. Yeah, I had floor seats. I got the 4-star VIP tickets from Iloveallaccess.com. We didn't even get our "special gift" for ordering through the website cuz there was a "manufacturing error." All they gave was us an envelope w/ some pics of Kanye in it and a note saying they're gonna mail our special gift to us.
smh.gif

mad.gif
tired.gif
@ yall smokin' freely.

5. There were no programs. There are 2 posters ($10 each). One is the artwork from the Graduation CD booklet and the other is Rhianna's. I don't remember exactly what was on her poster tho. I'm pretty sure the glowsticks were $5, but don't quote me on that.

I got the white shirt & the Kanye poster.

Yo I got the 4 star for the San Diego stop this Sunday. How good were your seats?

I got row 18.

You DEFINITELY wanna get to the Will-Call booth EARLY to get the best possible seats.

How good was row 18 my dude?

Yeah I just got the email from ILAA saying we can pick up the tickets from the Will-Call anytime after 5 PM. So what time do you think we should start liningup for that booth?

Back
Top Bottom