OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
other than KD, there isnt anyone that truly deserves the max. i dont wanna overpay conley. id rather pay 1/3 and get a younger athletic PG.

Word free agent class is basura. I don't like to stretch the imagination but If KD leaves OKC this offseason we need to throw every single penny at Westbrook the following year. [emoji]128553[/emoji]

I'd rather wait one year with a rental like Jennings, Lawson, or Teague than pay Conley that much as the only marquee option on the market. The 2017 pg class is much better. And I think it gives us a little more time to evaluate a guy like Grant as maybe a cheaper starter option although I'm less optimistic on that end. Our priorities should be A) Durant (You have to try at least) and B) Getting a more consistent starter 2 guard in a much deeper pool. (Derozan, Batum, Bazemore, Wade (if CB retires), Mayo, Fournier, and Gordon would all be solid options)

Conley is unrestricted, you arent going to overpay for him. Teams usually overpay for restricted FAs. Conley will get what he's really worth based on the demand, and we need a PG...BAD.

if Calderon was making $2M i wouldn't mind him off the bench

he's still a 40% 3pt shooter

Conley is unrestricted, you arent going to overpay for him. Teams usually overpay for restricted FAs. Conley will get what he's really worth based on the demand, and we need a PG...BAD.

Unrestricted Guys get overpaid as well, if there is a market for them... And Conley will have at least a handful of suitors... His max is $25.7mil... He'll be near that say maybe a few mil short of that... AT BEST.

“I don’t know if Michael looks elsewhere but that might end up being the best move. Mike is at that crossroads where he’s (28) years old. He’s coming up on a contract year. He wants to get paid,” Hollins, who was fired as the Brooklyn Nets coach this season, said on SiriusXM radio.

“Will Memphis pay him as much as somebody else? If he can get to a situation that has a future of winning or is he going to go to a team that doesn’t have a future of winning? That’s probably going to be important to him as well.”

Unrestricted Guys get overpaid as well, if there is a market for them... And Conley will have at least a handful of suitors... His max is $25.7mil... He'll be near that say maybe a few mil short of that... AT BEST.

Considering out PG situation, he's worth it. :lol:

He's 28, still peaking, so a 6 year deal isnt bad.

Considering out PG situation, he's worth it. :lol:

He's 28, still peaking, so a 6 year deal isnt bad.

I wasn't sure which way you were arguing... Thought you meant he'd be cheaper to get..

Max you can sign him is to 4. But yeah, it's a good deal for him.

Back
Top Bottom