OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
Basically banking on Kristaps fulfilling his potential/being our centerpiece.

So in the short term....lets see what Melo has left in the tank.

I made this team on 2K about a week ago right after the Rose trade cause I felt it was the most realistic. Weird as hell

Can't we sign someone else and bring Rose back with his bird rights?

I gotta say the Lakers did well this offseason. Really changed the dynamic of that team by signing Mozgod and Deng. That should really get them over the hump and win 32 games.

Last edited:
Nope because of cap hold

If Rose tests FA, his $21 mill will be added to cap hold unless we renounce his bird right to offer a superstar a max

Last edited:
we have about ~$4M left in cap space for a bench player.

we could go over the cap to bring back Galloway & Pookie so i'm not that worried about them

The good thing is that we didn't get Wade. Otherwise, we'd be forced to renounce Lance's, Derrick Williams' and Gallo's bird rights

No matter what moves we make, we will get bashed. How the F won't we have cap space next year when the cap is going up and DRose comes off the books?

I def wouldn't sign Gallo for anything more than the league minimum. Truthfully I would rather give a hungry D leaguer a shot. We already saw what Gallo can do and id rather give someone else a chance.

to be honest gordon would have been a good pickup but hes too injury prone which is bad since we already got rose and noah who arent durable

Wouldn't it be awesome for The Knicks to be good and the Nets to be decent, I want to see a real rivalry.
Def.

As long as we always beat them 
laugh.gif

Wouldn't it be awesome for The Knicks to be good and the Nets to be decent, I want to see a real rivalry.
Especially with Lin over there now.

Saw someone tweet something along the lines of 'the Brook-Lin PnR' the other day and I was mad at how damn clever that was lol

No matter what moves we make, we will get bashed. How the F won't we have cap space next year when the cap is going up and DRose comes off the books?

We'd definitely have cap. The question is that I don't know how much NBA will add in cap next summer.

Yahoo predicts $107 mill for NBA salary cap
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/nyk/salary/

Guaranteed Salaries: 47,462,408 (Melo, Noah and O'Quinn)

Non-Guaranteed: 4,503,600 (KP... I assume we'll pick up his option so it will be added to guaranteed salaries)

Cap hold: 23,404,161 (D-Rose, Holiday)

Cap space: 28,254,873 (w/o Lee's contract. W/ Lee's contract, it'd be around $15,754,873... It'd probably be lower if we give Lance, DWill or Gallo 2-3 year contract)

If we want to go after Westbrook, Blake or CP3, we have to renounce D-Rose's bird rights

I hope it's helpful

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom