OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
Dwight betta go head wit dat boooolsheeet!
Rose is not our future PG. He's a 60 game rental.

Unless we make a splash in FA this year, this team will be Melo and KP and 13 open roster spots come 2017. Pretty much back to square one with an older Melo.
which is a good and bad thing. On one hand we'll still be rebuilding and on the other hand, we'll still be rebuilding :tongue: Good lookin on Rose's games played, I thought his last 2 seasons were way shorter for reason. Still ain't convinced but a little less concerned. Free agency will also be effected by making the playoffs.

Lopez, Grant, Calderon and their 20 mill in cap space was definitely gonna get us to the promise land and attract free agents.

Heard the Rose trade news after I got off work a few minutes ago.....................I guess this thread is now BYKE?

... we still need a backup 1 (in case anything goes wrong)

i was maaaad skeptical at hearing this, but it makes sense for :
- final year >> Rose will be balling if he wants a new contract from any other team
- Rose the closest thing we couldve gotten to keep up with the other 1s (Kyrie, Russ, Felton)

other non Rose thoughts...
- in getting rid of Rolo, Hornacek planning on playing Melo / KP at 4 / 5
- did we drop Wroten today?

so how many games did Rolo, Caldo and Grant actually win for us last year? And what's more important: more cap space next year and test drive of Rose or The Game changer Rolo
And Grant. Cmon this trade was a no Brainer.

After trade

Current salary room: $55,134,798 (Wroten's contract does not count because it's non-guaranteed)
Cap room: $38,865,202 (without hold, I don't know how much for hold)

Last edited:
so basically this is what we need @ the start of next season...

- backup 1
- starting 2
- backup 3
- backup 4
- starting 5
- backup 5

WELP.

KOQ i see as a 3rd string

As much as I liked Rolo swapping him for cap space might be a genius move considering all the big names hitting fa next year

Lopez, Grant, Calderon and their 20 mill in cap space was definitely gonna get us to the promise land and attract free agents.

Lopez & Grant were cheap, team controlled assets. Having $60M in cap space next summer is great but that's not accounting for the money we'll have to spend to replace Lopez & Grant.

Also, every team will have cap space next summer. In 2010 we were competing only with Miami for LeBron & we failed. Imagine how it'll be next summer when every team in the league will have money to attract a big name.

I'll obviously root for Rose as a Knicks fan but i don't think i'll ever like the trade.

I really hope the people that don't like this trade are not the same ones that initially liked the Bargnani trade .....if any of you people exist, :smh:

Last edited:
Every team will have cap space but none will have more than the Knicks coming off an improved season with a budding star in KP and still productive Melo in NYC. The 2017-18 free agent class is the deepest and best ever. You'll be lying to me if u said u prefer to not take a shot at having multiple superstars on your team because of Robin Lopez, Jerian Grant, and Jose Calderon. Lopez didn't even play ******* 4th quarters last year man the Knicks have been grooming KP to play center since he showed his potential on the defensive side of the ball and his toughness.

Last edited:
Every team will have cap space but none will have more than the Knicks coming off an improved season with a budding star in KP and still productive Melo in NYC. The 2017-18 free agent class is the deepest and best ever. You'll be lying to me if u said u prefer to not take a shot at having multiple superstars on your team because of Robin Lopez, Jerian Grant, and Jose Calderon. Lopez didn't even play ******* 4th quarters last year man the Knicks have been grooming KP to play center since he showed his potential on the defensive side of the ball and his toughness.

I'm shocked. I thought you'd hate the trade.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom