OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
yeah, i really want afflalo to opt out. he had some good games for us, but he's not our guy moving forward.

but id rather keep him for one more year than overpay someone and give them a longer contract. i think our focus needs to be on developing young talent for this year, and then go all out for westbrook next year. its not like we're winning a championship in 2017 unless KD and conley sign.

Welp, Vogel could be going to Orlando

VOB dream fading
8ss2.jpg

I care bout yall man. stop drawing scenarios up in your head. Its rambis and always has been rambis. Please yall stop the speculation. It only leads to more intense heartache

I care bout yall man. stop drawing scenarios up in your head. Its rambis and always has been rambis. Please yall stop the speculation. It only leads to more intense heartache
For real. It's the off-season, distance y'allselves away from this trash heap of failed dreams and broken promises and enjoy the other aspects of life :lol:

For real. It's the off-season, distance y'allselves away from this trash heap of failed dreams and broken promises and enjoy the other aspects of life :lol:

Been doing this for a long time now lol

some good news:

- Batum's camp said we'll be offering him a max deal. All signs point towards him staying in Charlotte though.

- Phil will buy a late 1st-early 2nd round pick in June

some good news:

- Batum's camp said we'll be offering him a max deal. All signs point towards him staying in Charlotte though.

- Phil will buy a late 1st-early 2nd round pick in June

There's really nothing for which Phil can buy a pick with. Unless Phil unloads a 2018 or 2019 first for it.

Or throws out all 3 - 2nds you guys are owed (2 from Houston, 1 from Cleveland). But not sure that is worth it because it will keep you from having a 2nd Rounder until 2022 at the time. Also with what happened to the Wizards giving away their 2nd to the Lakers for money, and it becoming Jordan Clarkson, it may be tougher for teams to just unload a 2nd rounder for money.

Or uses Kyle O'Quinn to do it, but in a best case that gives you an early 2nd.

Last edited:
You can literally buy a pick

Not in the first, you can't. There's not a single team that will trade their 1st Round Pick for money only.

In the 2nd, maybe.

But as I said, while it's possible, teams are a bit more reluctant to do so than they were before. Because of the possibility that you sold a quality player for nothing.

Last draft there were only 2 picks bought for only Cash Consideration (#54 & #56). All others had a player or other picks attached to it.

2014 - you got 44,46, 55, 59, 60. And # 46 turned out to be Jordan Clarkson, which I bet if you were to ask the Wizards about that trade, there is a lot of regret.

You'd have to find a team that when it comes up, they don't have A SINGLE player on the board that they like, or see any translatable skills into the NBA. And most times, you won't get that until you're in the 50s.

Last edited:
New era store in soho had a lot of them when you people were asking for them. If you didn't get them, you didn't try

I remember they called me to pick one up

Back
Top Bottom