OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
In no way am i surprised that theyre dropping loads on our faces, just pointing out a stat.

The knicks are back to the team that nba players make un of. They come in the garden, show out, drop their career highs and dip.

I don't get why Kp was on the bench on that game winning drive by Bradley. Why not have an extra shot blocker out there?

In no way am i surprised that theyre dropping loads on our faces, just pointing out a stat.

The knicks are back to the team that nba players make un of. They come in the garden, show out, drop their career highs and dip.

So essentially the Knicks at this points are one night stands/jump-offs/confidence boosters for droughts, I see it.

Realistic options for us this offseason:

Hire Thibbs

Sign Conley or Rondo (hate Rondo, but he might work under Thibbs and he's the best option if Conley says no)
Sign Derozan (Might get overpaid but we need a legitimate SG)
Sign Jared Dudley (floor spacer, should be cheap, good option off the bench)
Gamble on Lance Stephenson if his option is declined and you can get him cheap

I'd love Jordan Clarkson but that's not happening. If we can get Conley/Rondo, DeRozan and Dudley, I can see us becoming a legitimate playoff team. We're not winning a ring, but whatever, it's a team that should win 50 a season for the next 3-5 years.

CcyroxbWwAAOW22

We're gonna lose a lot of games.

I'd rather lose with Grant having 6 turnovers than Calderon/Vujacic dribbling around the perimeter & playing awful defense.

Realistic options for us this offseason:

Hire Thibbs

Sign Conley or Rondo (hate Rondo, but he might work under Thibbs and he's the best option if Conley says no)
Sign Derozan (Might get overpaid but we need a legitimate SG)
Sign Jared Dudley (floor spacer, should be cheap, good option off the bench)
Gamble on Lance Stephenson if his option is declined and you can get him cheap

I'd love Jordan Clarkson but that's not happening. If we can get Conley/Rondo, DeRozan and Dudley, I can see us becoming a legitimate playoff team. We're not winning a ring, but whatever, it's a team that should win 50 a season for the next 3-5 years.

We wouldnt have the money to do this.

Truthfully the only way to become a contender would be to wipe Melos contract off our books and then we would be able to sign say a Conley and Derozan. That would have us a lineup of
Pg Conley
Sg Derozan
SF ?
PF KP
C Rolo
We don't have the money to sign a Max player next year and if AA and Dwill opt in and if we resign Gallo we really won't have anything to spend. Gallo is def getting a pay raise.

Last edited:
And no matter how much you love Melo if the situation isn't working you have to move on. We all envisioned something different but it's not coming to reality so let's end this chapter and start a new one.

That lineup in now way makes us a contender. It'll make us better though. But we still need coaching.

One positive of this season is our frontcourt seems to be set for the next few years, at least.

Melo-KP-Lopez is a real solid foundation. Only problem is we have no guards in a league dominated by guards.

One positive of this season is our frontcourt seems to be set for the next few years, at least.

Melo-KP-Lopez is a real solid foundation. Only problem is we have no guards in a league dominated by guards.

As stated earlier, every elite team in the league has an elite point guard. There's really no exception to that rule.

And that's thing. How will we get that AllStar PG? We don't have the trade assests and we don't have the money if AA, Dwill and resign Gallo.

Really hope AA opts out, thought mans would play better but he out here doing fadeaways and chucking od it's like jr never left.

Back
Top Bottom