OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
Time to shut Melo down for the season.

Making the playoffs and losing to the Cavs in the first round would just cap off another extra **** season. We'd be lucky to get the 7th spot.

This game against the Nets was a joke and proved it.

Yea I know some disagree, our star PG makes us only a tad better. Just shut melo down and explore his trade market in the offseason. We're still years away from being legit. Get some young goons on the squad. We're used to losing, let's lose swinging.

Yea I know some disagree, our star PG makes us only a tad better. Just shut melo down and explore his trade market in the offseason. We're still years away from being legit. Get some young goons on the squad. We're used to losing, let's lose swinging.
2aad8210fdda3bc5751500383d6103a3.320x240x26.gif

varejo and lee are available we should get 1 of them... the obvious move is to drop sasha

Last edited:
I swear we're the only team that doesn't know about putting protections on draft picks, even though we trade them away the most

we have to at least explore trading Melo this summer

Whaaat, am I reading this correctly!?!

Yep.

I'm not saying we must trade Melo or I want Melo traded; I really want Phil to put pieces around him & build a winner in NY. But, he's not getting any younger & his knees might not ever be 100% again. Our team isn't good enough to make the playoffs & we have no 1st rounder so tanking isn't an option. What happpens if/when we strike out in free agency? Is Melo willing to play through another lost season? We either have to go all in this summer & get some legit players or move on from Melo & build for the future. We can't be stuck in the middle winning 35-40 games every year.

If LA wants to give us Blake for Melo, I'd do that. If Boston wants to give us Crowder, Smart, & the Brooklyn pick, I'd do that. His NTC obviously limits our options but we should at least see what's out there.

We weren't meant to make the playoffs this year in the first place. Not sure why ppl lost sight of that. This take sense of urgency has to stop.

East turned out to be a lot better than last year. Knicks improved by a lot, but nt by nearly enough to be a playoff team this year. 

If LA wants to give us Blake for Melo, I'd do that. If Boston wants to give us Crowder, Smart, & the Brooklyn pick, I'd do that. His NTC obviously limits our options but we should at least see what's out there.

Melo isn't gonna wave his ntc to go to Boston and I'm still trying to figure out how Griffin is gonna help us [emoji]129300[/emoji]

We weren't meant to make the playoffs this year in the first place. Not sure why ppl lost sight of that. This take sense of urgency has to stop.
Sense of urgency is because we sent a non-protected 1st round pick to Toronto for Bargani, which makes it even worse that since it looks like we are missing the playoffs they have a chance to have a top pick knowing our luck it will turn into the #1 pick.... :smh:

Sense of urgency is because we sent a non-protected 1st round pick to Toronto for Bargani, which makes it even worse that since it looks like we are missing the playoffs they have a chance to have a top pick knowing our luck it will turn into the #1 pick.... :smh:

That already happened though. Them getting a pick has nothing to do w/ us right now. No matter who they draft, it won't affect us.

Melo isn't gonna wave his ntc to go to Boston and I'm still trying to figure out how Griffin is gonna help us [emoji]129300[/emoji]

He can..... Dunk?

Don't know how Griffin can help us? LOLOL

He's a top 5/6 player in the league. Like, he's really ******* good. I swear some of you guys are delusional. You actually think a team would do Melo for Blake??

- I know he wouldn't waive his NTC to go to Boston, it's just a hypothetical

- Blake is younger & at this point in their careers better than Melo. The frontcourt would obviously be crowded with KP & Lopez aleady here so it'd never happen unless we move Lopez.

Melo doesn't want to go anywhere & Phil doesn't want to trade him so this is all moot. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom