OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
i'm dying @ Melo's reaction to SVG's timeout :rofl: :rofl:

need a pic/gif/video

edit:

can someone make this a gif? :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:
You guys should've known this would be an anticlimactic ending. Been happening for years now.

As long as Fisher is the coach and we have this pathetic bipolar roster this team isn't going anywhere.

There needs to be a firing or a trade to light a fire under these scrubs.

This is highly unacceptable from this team. This is a playoff team and I have to believe that Phil is out there working on a deal to secure a point guard. It makes absolutely no sense to just give up on a season before the All Star break and you're in a position to do something about it. Clearly they don't believe in Jerian Grant quite yet so go get someone that you do believe in and save this season. There is no excuse for this

not optomistic about our playoff chances. We're looking at almost 8-9 games out of 500 by the ASW.

Crazy hill to climb.

And if i know anything bout new york knick basketball,

We'll battle back to sniff the 8th seed

And lose our last couple of games to end our misery.

Life

I have a new respect for Melo. i appreciate his effort towards an all-around game. He's willing. Age is showing though...can't put him in these ISOs expecting him to shoulder it all. Man has no foot speed or lift.

We need to be a PNR team through and through. Our big men are best when put in that situation.

I rather watch Grant go through growing pains then watch Sasha's "poise and leadership" out there. Kristaps has been crushed by the rookie wall.

SVG took some shots at Fisher too.

I have a new respect for Melo. i appreciate his effort towards an all-around game. He's willing. Age is showing though...can't put him in these ISOs expecting him to shoulder it all. Man has no foot speed or lift.

We need to be a PNR team through and through. Our big men are best when put in that situation.

I rather watch Grant go through growing pains then watch Sasha's "poise and leadership" out there. Kristaps has been crushed by the rookie wall.

SVG took some shots at Fisher too.

I think his problems are due to his knee more than his age.

If this season was really a "progress" or w.e the **** FIsher said, then grant and KP should be getting 35-40 min a game. Sasha should not be playing at all.

Last edited:
If this season was really a "progress" or w.e the **** FIsher said, then grant and KP should be getting 35-40 min a game. Sasha should not be playing at all.

exactly start gallo and grant and let them get some experience with KP and Melo.

Off season we pick up a solid PG and move one of them to the bench and they can be a solid role player off the bench. Right now they come off the bench with almond milk and are trying to make plays but cant get a good feel for the game

I don't get it, all of the basic parts are in place, noooooo excuse why we aren't at least 6-8 seed right now. The talent is there, the leadership (PJax) is there, I just don't get it.

Aight cool

I suffered as a knick fan for 20+ years, what's another year gonna do to me? :lol: I wasn't expecting much this year anyway

Last edited:
I just can't believe we currently are on the outside looking in, you mean we're not better than Boston, I guess not or else we'd be on the inside looking out.

Woulda been sick for KPs mental and development to make it in the playoffs in his rookie year and be one of those dudes that feels like he has to be there every year. Not experience what being a loser is like b.

SVG went in on Fisher without naming names in the post.

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. — Pistons coach and GM Stan Van Gundy scoffed at the notion the Knicks are a young, “developing” team not ready to make the playoffs during a trademark pregame rant that seemed aimed at recent remarks by Knicks coach Derek Fisher.

Fisher said recently on ESPN Radio he wouldn’t be “disappointed’’ if the Knicks failed to make the playoffs because “We’re a developing team with a ton of new players. There are not a lot of elite teams that are depending on rookies to carry the day. So we have to be reasonable about who we are and where we are and accept what is and not get caught up in what we should be and allow other people to define what our success is.”

Van Gundy doesn’t see the Knicks as “developing.’’ He didn’t name names, but the Pistons leader seemed to be responding to Fisher.

“They’re a good team, a veteran team,’’ Van Gundy said before the Pistons’ 111-105 victory over the Knicks. “They got [Kristaps] Porzingis, but when all healthy, they put four veterans around him. It’s a smart, veteran team around a real talented young guy.

“I laugh a little bit when I see them referred to as a young, developing team. I wasn’t aware Robin Lopez, Carmelo Anthony, Jose Calderon and Arron Afflalo are that young. I read that. Wow. I guess in society at large, guys in their 30s are young.’’

Van Gundy also ripped the media for “making up 98 percent’’ of trade rumors, adding that “99.9 percent of the stuff out there never happens.’’

However, even though he stated the Pistons have not looked to trade backup point guard and impending free agent Brandon Jennings, he admitted their trade-deadline strategy could be amended with a new injury to shooting guard Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, who strained his groin in Boston on Wednesday and has had an MRI exam.

“We don’t know what his status is,’’ Van Gundy said. “When we have an idea on how long he’ll be out, it could affect what we think.’’

i didn't have high expectations either but i said in the preseason 40 wins & a low playoff seed is an attainable goal if everyone plays up to their potential. we've had stretches where we look like a playoff team but then we have games last night where it looks like everyone quit. all season it's been 2 steps forward & 4 steps back.

whatever, on to the summer

I like SVG clowning Fish, "didn't know Lopez, Melo, Calderon, and Affallo make up a young team." AA just a week ago said this team wants to get over the hump and make the playoffs, they lay up a few eggs and Fish tells the media to can that noise. What kind of message is that to send to a team? Fish is making excuses for his own inexperience at this point and it's gotta piss the players off...

Back
Top Bottom