OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
We need to get Demar Derozan this summer...........this game pretty much says it all in terms of our guard play on both ends

I know Melo was out, but still it was the Nets. And Williams dropped 30. Defense was just so sus.

Yeah, the Knicks are better off without Melo

I mean, of course they're not going to be better without Melo if you don't add anything in his place. If Melo goes down the Knicks have 2 legit NBA starters and a bunch of guys who have a good game every so often and then we are ready to call them legitimate pieces to our puzzle. There is a reason Grant did 4 yrs in college and still wasn't a lotto pic. There is a reason Galloway went undrafted and a reason why seraphin drew literally no interest from other teams and why Lou and Dwill and Rolo have bounced around. Yeh they have good games once in awhile but doesn't everyone.

I know Melo was out, but still it was the Nets. And Williams dropped 30. Defense was just so sus.

you could tell guys were tired after last night, too

shots were short & we missed 8 FT's

I heard Clyde say it but idk it's not an excuse imo. Like KPs shots were short but dude was in foul trouble and sat a lot last game. And it's not like they were on the road traveling.

It's funny though because the first thing you think of if Carmelo goes down is where will the points come from, but his absence was felt more on the defensive end. Melomorphosis.

I heard Clyde say it but idk it's not an excuse imo. Like KPs shots were short but dude was in foul trouble and sat a lot last game. And it's not like they were on the road traveling.

That's def not an excuse, because the Celtics played last night as well and beat the Pacers.

It's funny though because the first thing you think of if Carmelo goes down is where will the points come from, but his absence was felt more on the defensive end. Melomorphosis.

Melo is more of a vocal leader than he and the media leads us to believe. Maybe he's not like LeBron and will yell at his guys in front of 20 million people on national TV, but he def says a lot during the games. IDK if anyone noticed, but I've been seeing/hearing him communicating a lot more during games this season. You can hear him telling his guys to get back on defense, or when D-Will is on the floor, he instructs his guys to run. He's also been telling people when to rotate and switch. Stuff like that is contagious when you see your leader exercises these qualities in-game.

We missed Melo way more than we thought we did. He's arguably having the best overall season of his career.

Last edited:

That's def not an excuse, because the Celtics played last night as well and beat the Pacers.

Melo is more of a vocal leader than he and the media leads us to believe. Maybe he's not like LeBron and will yell at his guys in front of 20 million people on national TV, but he def says a lot during the games. IDK if anyone noticed, but I've been seeing/hearing him communicating a lot more during games this season. You can hear him telling his guys to get back on defense, or when D-Will is on the floor, he instructs his guys to run. He's also been telling people when to rotate and switch. Stuff like that is contagious when you see your leader exercises these qualities in-game.

We missed Melo way more than we thought we did. He's arguably having the best overall season of his career.
What did your fiancé have to say about the game?

Back
Top Bottom