OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
Who was it that thought we'd lose to the Sixers? :lol:

That Knicks fan battered woman syndrome is something else :smh: This team aint that bad. It's just we're a don't know which team is gonna show up tonight sort of squad.

We technically dont know what team is gonna be on the floor. Is it gonna be sasha and jose with seraphin? Or arron and kyle with lance and sasha? Or maybe sasha lance lou and jimmer? Maybe cleanthony gets to squeak his shoe on the court.

We really dont know...thanks fisher.

all of Latvia is gonna be voting for him multiple times a day so he has a shot 
laugh.gif

You guys think KP has any chance of making the all star game?

-melo
-paul george/bosh/pau
-drummond/whiteside

How many forwards/centers are there usually?

Last edited:
i really wish the "but you booed him on draft night" **** would stop

so annoying

You guys think KP has any chance of making the all star game?

-melo
-paul george/bosh/pau
-drummond/whiteside

How many forwards/centers are there usually?

Been thinking about this lately and I really think he's got a shot with the fan vote

Last edited:
i really wish the "but you booed him on draft night" **** would stop

so annoying
This thread booed when we got the 4th pick! LOL I remember posting a history of players picked at #4 to try and keep the sky from falling in this thread :rofl: . I didn't have KP as my pick either.

Last edited:
I admit i was disheartened when we drafted him. Simply because I had no idea who he was. I also was fresh off watching Jahlil shake on dudes in the NCAA tournament. So when he Lakers took D, I was thinking Sam Hinkie would actually do something to better his organization, and draft Mudiay, since they have Noel, Embiid etc.

I was sick, but then I heard his interview they gave him right after, was surprised he spoke English well. No translator needed. Then that guy Fran told us to calm down and this was the gamble of the draft. THen later on that night we traded Timmy for Grant. I knew of Grant because of some Notre Dame highlights. So I was ecstatic that we took a gamble on the possibility of a God, and also addressed our guard situation. I felt that Grant was a solid pickup, especially for DumbHardawayJR.

Then I saw the grantland shorts on Porzingis and came to the conclusion this kid has some good character qualities I especially enjoy the fact that their famiily is 100% about basketball. You KNOW they rip into him EVERY GAME, regardless of how well he does. I think it's great that he's basically a young man from a foreign country, came to New York, found a job as a Knick, "supports" his family, while they hold down the fort. Almost a classic New York tale. He has plenty of time to mature as a person, and thankfully he's surrounded by family who want him to focus.

Now my favorite nickname for a NY athlete of all time is "Mo" for Mariano. I Think that's so new york to call him Mo :rofl: Like we can't pronounce your name so you're gonna be Mo.

I wish the nickname Krispy was an option.

But who cares. Also, reviewing the grantland shorts, when his name is called, he lets out this unshakeable smile, like he really was praying he could come here. If you want to play here, you're welcome on the team.

I didn't know anything about him either and admittedly went with "probably another soft euro player". Once I saw him in summer league I warmed up seeing him play a bit ..

Only reason I didnt mind the pick was because I was no where near as high on Mudiay as some people in here were.

Def didnt expect this from KP this fast though.

We're Knicks fan we're used to being disappointed. Of course some of us including myself were taken aback. We're entitled to be upset. :lol:

Who cares about that stuff anymore? We've got a legit future with this kid now. That's all that matters.

And as much as I've liked what I've seen so far, i think rookie of the month is the most im willing to concede. See me after the playoffs with regards to a franchise tag :smile:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom