OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
now thats TWO botched inbound passes from Lance Thomas.
(Charlotte inbounds was too low for KP)

why does Fisher love playing Lance in crunch time? they gei or what?

ill rant on Fisher later...

we cant lose anymore close games. bad for team moral
... thats word to the beginning of last 2 seasons.

The team played like idiots in the 4th qtr, point blank

No one looked at the rim to get their offense going, time and time again they force feed the ball to Melo and hope he can bail us out.

Look at the ****ing rim and shoot the ball, stop relying on Melo in the 4th every damn time.

People blame Melo for going iso, but the players keep giving him the ball without looking for their own shot.

Predictable *** offense.

If the plan is to make Melo do everything in the fourth, just give him the ball at the top of the key then.

The longer we pretend to run the triangle and burn 20 seconds off the shot clock the longer we'll continue to throw games away.

When yall think the fire Fisher chants goin start in MSG?

probably sees himself in him.  really a bum but has a great attitude and is extremely coachable

he's a solid player but damn. too may minutes for someone thats not doing anything in the game

he made Bron take bad shots in the 2nd Q, but in the 4th, Melo was guarding Bron.
doesnt make sense.

another Fisher is trash game.
Bucks, Hornets, Cavs.

if had a decent coach, we wouldve been 7-3

Also inconsistent lineups down the stretch is a killer. No one on this team seems to have a defined role except for Melo

Last edited:
cant even blame fish for this one... we shot 36% for the game and only scored 12 points in the 4th :x

Fisher lol. snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

our roster is talented. the one upside I do give him is that players seem to play hard. but i just cannot believe that this man really believes lance thomas is our andre iguodala. hes a energy guy that gets garbage buckets. its so frustrating watching him time and time again go to lance as if he is our proven defensive stopper, best inbounds passer, and all around two way player.

we should be 6-4. i dont know what else to say that hasnt been said. im not a fan of his. you cant play 13 guys. you just cant. hurt some feelings, youre the damn head coach. utter lack of feel for the game. disgusted by him actually. i find myself trying to give him benefits of the doubt but he constantly mind boggles me.

the 20 sec timeout to end the half was so unneccesary. we were ROLLING. calls that **** to cut momentum, and sets up an Iso melo lol. what a joke .

my analysis after 10 games...

Fisher:

Awful. He showed flashes of being competent tonight (no Seraphin/Sasha, holding Melo out for an extra minute in the 2nd so he'd be in vs the Cavs bench) but overall he's been awful. You could blame Melo for his iso ball in the 4th but a lot of the blame is on Fisher's shoulders. There's nothing resembling an offense out there in crunch time & it doesn't help when Lance Thomas is in over the future of the franchise.

Also, he needs to stagger his rotations. He constantly has either 5 bench players or 5 starters in during the game which forces guys like Lance Thomas to guard guys like LeBron James for long stretches. There's no consistency with who plays & who doesn't. DWill got 4 mins the other night & 16 tonight. KOQ had 11 mins the other night & 3 tonight. Tough for guys to get in a rhythm when you have no clue if you're even gonna play.

Players:

Melo's been alright lately after a shaky start. The offense is at its best when everyone's moving & he's willingly sharing the ball. Once he starts forcing up shots it's a wrap. I love his improved effort on the defensive end, though. He did a good job on LeBron tonight, he just made some tough shots.

KP's been a pleasant surprise, nobody expected him to have this much of an impact this early. He's showed flashes of his potential & I can't wait to see him in his final form. Like OKB said earlier, if we can run PnR for Almondmilk & Lopez why can't we run it for KP?

Calderon......pains me to say this but he's been ok. His shot has come around this week & he's earned 15-18 mins a game. His passes can be lazy at times & he obviously brings nothing on the defensive end. We got cooked by Mo Williams & Jeremy Lin in the same week. He's almost impossible to trade because of his contract so might as well keep him around & let him do what he can.

Lopez's defense is the main reason why we signed him & he's been good on that end. He's never gonna put up gaudy numbers but he knows his role and does job. His offense has been nice to see but it's been non-existent the last few nights.

Afflao's looked like he could be that 2nd option once he gets his legs under him. Missed some makeable shots but other than that he's looked good.

The bench was a bright spot early on but not so much lately, partly because of Fisher's inconsistent rotations. Galloway continues to play well, Grant's had some growing pains, KOQ has played well when he gets consistent minutes, DWill's looked average, Almondmilk brings that grit that we need, and Vujacic/Seraphin can go somewhere else. They need to get back to pushing the pace like they showed in preseason & early on in the regualr season.

There's a lot of potential on this team, just a matter of putting all the pieces together & playing a full 48 minutes. I still think we can reach 40 wins but Fisher has to be better in order for that to happen.

Could've easily won that game. Horrible, horrible coaching. Our team is better than we thought. We just aren't put in the best position to win games. Simple as that.

If he can't win what's the point of him being a head coach ? Lance Thomas wouldn't get these much minutes on the Sixers

I'm not really sure what Fisher's obsession w/ Lance Thomas is about. But Imma need that to stop ASAP.

Back
Top Bottom