**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Mez 0ne wrote:

Like I told TB earlier, even if the Knicks lose Game 2, it's not the end of the world. Knicks win Game 3 and its a series again, that's the beauty of a 7 game series. As long as the Knicks play with that same defensive effort and intensity, play off of Rondo and force him to shoot more jumpers than he is accustomed to, the Knicks have a shot. D'Antoni had a great game plan yesterday.

I feel we have to win this game to win the series, if we go down 2 games I dont think we can come back
tired.gif

Melo better have the game of his life tonight

I don't think he does. If Amare can exploit KG like he did before and TD plays his usual type of defense on Rondo or Allen, we can win. Just have to make sure they don't get out into the open court and try to run because that is where Rondo is extremely dangerous and we are extremely weak.

Melo just needs to stop pressing and try on both sides of the court for his 40 minutes. His shots will come and the hitting of them will come too.

^ The thing is we need to push the ball as well....we let quite a few chances for easy buckets go on Sunday. We can't just not attempt fastbreaks....trying to score in the half court literally every trip down the court is just added pressure. 

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Mez 0ne wrote:

Like I told TB earlier, even if the Knicks lose Game 2, it's not the end of the world. Knicks win Game 3 and its a series again, that's the beauty of a 7 game series. As long as the Knicks play with that same defensive effort and intensity, play off of Rondo and force him to shoot more jumpers than he is accustomed to, the Knicks have a shot. D'Antoni had a great game plan yesterday.

What makes you think you will win in Boston?
This is a must win for New York I think.

Oh no, I wasn't saying that we shouldn't get out and run. Just don't let them. Our weakness I was talking about was transition/fast break defense. Keep Rondo in the half court offense.

Originally Posted by xbiker47

I feel we have to win this game to win the series, if we go down 2 games I dont think we can come back
tired.gif

Melo better have the game of his life tonight

Really liking the fact that TD is gonna start tonight, of course were going to miss Billups experience, but like someone said up there when billups went down the 1st time,

Douglas was ready, and plus I really like the way TD keeps pressure on the point gaurd, along with carter.

I think we will pull out a close 1 tonight..

Agree with Mez, holding homecourt is your job in the playoffs, the key is going back to MSG and holding fort.

If we win tonight we need an absolutley huge game from Amar'e or Melo, over 35 from one of those guys.

So hyped for tonight.

We played great D in game one. Hopefully we can duplicate that. If we do all series, we have a serious chance.

I don't think Melo has to beast, but if he even shows up better than 5/18, we're in a good position.

However, if we do get swept, will that wake up the powers that be that Mike just doesn't cut it?

I'm not a huge fan of Mike but he did an excellent job for Game 1 and he should get praised for it (since he gets criticized often).

Boston does a good job of getting a go-to guy (ie Kobe, Melo, Lebron, etc) to have a poor shooting game, that is just what they do.

If we get good production out of both Melo and Amare with the same defensive effort, we have a chance to win some games.

Will not be easy though with the calls Boston gets, you just have to over come them.

D'Antoni is not getting fired. Look in the mirror and repeat that to yourselves.

They are not even half a season into the planned roster they envisioned when him and Donnie first started this plan.

Melo should be shooting better than 5/18. I dont care. Be the aggressor. Go to the rack. Put the onus on the refs to call fouls on his defender. Neither Pierce nor Green can guard him. He can get to the rack.

Back
Top Bottom