**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

the NBA is business.  Players come and go out all the time.  As much as I love STAT and respect what he did for NY basketball he still lacks many parts to his game (defense, rebounding,footwork, etc).  I'd trade him in a quick NY minute for D. Howard
That's all that needs to be said. Though I agree with all the rest that is quoted too.

The NBA is a business and if a part doesn't fit, you cut your losses (Hedo in Toronto, Carl Landry in Sac, for example).

When the Heat were struggling, I remember reading how they should trade Bosh. And some people were even debating if to trade LBJ.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

So yea, when a team goes through a bad losing streak (especially a team with NEW acquisitions), all sorts of wild comments will be made.

Secondly, some of you are TRIPPING if you'd rather have Amar'e over D12 strictly based on loyalty.
eek.gif
laugh.gif
Dwight is arguably a top 3 - 5 player in the L who is just about to enter his prime. Hell %%%$@%% yeah you do that trade for the better of the team. I think the only reason teams don't pull the trigger on trading a big name signing more often is that it is an admission of failure and a sign of panic to the fans.

And where is this gif?

610x.jpg

Originally Posted by Kn0wledgeable

I can not fathom the audacity of some of you. Amare isn't getting traded. %$#% is wrong with y'all smh

throwback1718 wrote:
I personally feel that these "trade Amare " talks shouldn't even be going on right now. But, I'll just leave it alone.

An article was posted regarding a potential swap with Dwight, that's where this came from.
I don't think we're trading him, I don't think the Magic would trade D12 to an Eastern conference team, AND I don't think Dwight would want to come to the Knicks (I think he's staying personally). So let that be clear in regards to my views... but this whole "we can't trade Stat after what he did for the Knicks"... remind me again where position we're in? 7th? Sure an improvement over the last few years, but it's not as if we're in 1st place and Amare is the MVP. This Amare as the savior of NYC is overblown to be honest... he came here because Phoenix did not offer him a fully guaranteed deal... and we did. You can tell the story that Amare wanted to bring the Knicks back and that's true in part, but that's not the whole story.

I'm done talking about Dwight, all I was doing was a simply response to an article posted. We had a good win last night, hopefully it's the start of a little run before the playoffs.

the magic out rebounded us by one last night. felt like more

what do you think about melo saying we through the x's and o's out tonight and just played?

Big J 33 wrote:
I'm done talking about Dwight, all I was doing was a simply response to an article posted. We had a good win last night, hopefully it's the start of a little run before the playoffs.

i sure hope so
ohwell.gif

The Knicks still did not execute any good shots down the stretch, they benefited from Melo just being hot. There were a lot of iso's and dumb shots (another contested 3 by Billups which went in). Melo I could live with forcing but everyone just stood around, not cuts or screens.
sick.gif

What happens when those shots don't drop....

I agree with you mez. After the euphoria wore off I wasn't that optimistic.

how hard is it for people to cut or set picks. something. move around

fields has had his balls cut off

Amare looks like a cripple

Originally Posted by GuttaGetsBusy

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

With that said I think Bynum is a *!++%%% bum and doesn't deserves any of those rings.
Why?
I just don't like that *@!@+. I can be objective and state what he brings to a team but overall his injuries and lack of progress in to a dominant big man piss me off. Some times Kobe and the Lakers play better without him.

Geez, Knicks fans here never cease to amaze me. Let me guess, since I didn't catch up on the last 5 pages, because Amar'e had a human game (and recent stretch of games), now everyone is calling into question his worth on the team or how the two will work together.
30t6p3b.gif
Amar'e is here to stay, whether you like it or not. I don't see any other teams taking on his contract with his past injuries. And I'm not being a blind patsy, but an offense ran through Amar'e is much more efficient that one ran through Melo.

edit: just read a few pages, and although my reasoning was off, I still say a lot of fans are too damn fickle. Wasn't Amar'e the "first step" in the right direction? Dwight is not a NY type player, so don't get your panties wet daydreaming of that scenario.

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

"Geez, Knicks fans here never cease to amaze me. Let me guess, since I didn't catch up on the last 5 pages, because Amar'e had a human game (and recent stretch of games), now everyone is calling into question his worth on the team or how the two will work together.
30t6p3b.gif
Amar'e is here to stay, whether you like it or not. I don't see any other teams taking on his contract with his past injuries. And I'm not being a blind patsy, but an offense ran through Amar'e is much more efficient that one ran through Melo.

edit: just read a few pages, and although my reasoning was off, I still say a lot of fans are too damn fickle. Wasn't Amar'e the "first step" in the right direction? Dwight is not a NY type player, so don't get your panties wet daydreaming of that scenario."

. . .hit the nail on the head with that, sometimes i feel like d'antoni fails to recognize this and they just settle by giving melo the ball at the wing and let him iso

shawne williams had back spasms yesterday. getting tested today

Safe to say guarding giant center's played a part in him getting hurt. I just don't get why Dantoni does that spread the floor %!+*@+*!

media still destroying melo today. It's kind of funny.

Acting as if the knicks were chilling on cruise control and everything was sunshine and rainbows before the trade. Must be fun to have a job where you just complain and criticize people with talent you can only dream of

I don't really know much about this but why can't we just give Howard an offer? No trades.
I mean I know we paying Amare and Melo some guap but NY acting like they don't got it.
He's a good center but if dude doesn't wanna come to NY then it's cool.
I don't think they gonna let go of STAT, he started all this!
Yeah I know it's a business but STAT ain't going nowhere.

Originally Posted by solematic j21

I don't really know much about this but why can't we just give Howard an offer? No trades.
I mean I know we paying Amare and Melo some guap but NY acting like they don't got it.
He's a good center but if dude doesn't wanna come to NY then it's cool.
I don't think they gonna let go of STAT, he started all this!
Yeah I know it's a business but STAT ain't going nowhere.

The CBA will determine what the knicks will do in FA next year.  I think DH and Amar'e will get in each others way though. We need a big who just bangs and rebounds and point gaurd like D Will or Paul.

edit: Stat went back to the KD II's last night.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DubA169

media still destroying melo today. It's kind of funny.

Acting as if the knicks were chilling on cruise control and everything was sunshine and rainbows before the trade. Must be fun to have a job where you just complain and criticize people with talent you can only dream of
Especially when you're not even good at your own job. I can't take sports writers seriously anymore. They're all a bunch of hacks that tread the border of yellow journalism daily.

Back
Top Bottom