**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

"The deal, which is expected to pass through the league approval process Tuesday, is Wilson Chandler, Danilo Gallinari, Raymond Felton, Timofey Mozgov and New York's 2014 first-round pick going to Denver for Anthony, Chauncey Billups, Shelden Williams, Renaldo Balkman and Anthony Carter, sources said. The Timberwolves agreed to take Eddy Curry's expiring contract along with Anthony Randolph from the Knicks and send Corey Brewer to New York -- not Denver, as was discussed in a previous version of the trade. The Wolves get $3 million from the Knicks, which will be used to buy Curry out of the few remaining pay checks on his $11.3 million contract. "

Here is the link of all the details.
http://ken-berger.blogs.c.../entry/11838893/27603095

I rocked 13 in high school.
pimp.gif
not even mad at that

Originally Posted by toine2983

^Why 30?

He wore that in highschool or something?

Melo is a big fan of Bernard King. 
EDIT: 

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/columns/story?columnist=sheridan_chris&id=5815662

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
DENVER -- Carmelo Anthony didn't push the needle very far, but he moved it a wee bit with these statements:

"It ain't about the money."

"You can't please everybody."

"I'm a big fan of Bernard King. That's my idol. That's my favorite basketball player."
[/font]

Originally Posted by d3simet

Originally Posted by toine2983

^Why 30?

He wore that in highschool or something?

Melo is a big fan of Bernard King. 
EDIT: 

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/columns/story?columnist=sheridan_chris&id=5815662

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
DENVER -- Carmelo Anthony didn't push the needle very far, but he moved it a wee bit with these statements:

"It ain't about the money."

"You can't please everybody."

"I'm a big fan of Bernard King. That's my idol. That's my favorite basketball player."
[/font]

Gotcha.

Originally Posted by hustleordie

Am I missing something? I feel like we can get more for Curry AND Randolph than Corey Brewer.

Yea...I'd rather have a pg (Ridnour, Flynn or Telfair) than brewer...I'd rather play Walker than him, that doesn't make sense to me

Finally!!!

NT detectives dig up dirt on Isiah Thomas. The future is looking bright. But he can %*%% it all up VERY Quickly.

Originally Posted by youngin33

Anyone trying to get tickets to the Wednesday night game vs. Milwaukee?

I looked this morning, cheapest tickets were $180...I gotta wait a few weeks until some moves are made

Originally Posted by amishpimp27

Originally Posted by hustleordie

Am I missing something? I feel like we can get more for Curry AND Randolph than Corey Brewer.

Yea...I'd rather have a pg (Ridnour, Flynn or Telfair) than brewer...I'd rather play Walker than him, that doesn't make sense to me

We got 3 PG's now. Rather have an athletic wing that can defend. I agree we could have gotten more for AR and Curry, but I'm sure it was to make things work #'s wise.

If Buike comes back soon and plays well, this trade will look ten times better...Melo-One of the best small forwards in the league..Amar'e-One of the best power forwards in the league..Billups-Playoff tested PG with a ring and Finals MVP under his belt...Fields-A great young prospect, one of the top rebounding guards in the league..If Buike comes off the bench and provides a spark, this team can be serious..Not saying we're gonna make a finals run, but if things click within the next few weeks, this team will be veryyyyyyy serious

P.S. Do you think the Knicks suddenly giving Mozgod some minutes the past few weeks actually backfired by giving him attention from the Nuggets? I guarantee if the Knicks didn't throw him in some recent games, including the one game where he went off and had like 23 points and 12 rebounds, the Nuggets wouldn't have even considered asking for him

Back
Top Bottom