**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

I think Gallo can play the 2.
on offense? Sure.

on defense..would not even want to think about it. Gallo's lateral quickness is the most cringe worthy part of his game.

And yeah, he could be a good 6th man. But I don't want to have to select one of Will/Gallo and end up having them just around as a 6th man. If it comes down to that decision, whichever one is chosen has to play a bigger role, I think.

Originally Posted by BangDak

^At least Peja during his Kings day was
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

lg_peja_7369.jpg

pimp.gif

If we keep Wil, I'm convinced he'd probably end up as our starting SG. The main reason as to why Wilson came off the bench was to provide balance to an imbalanced roster. We'd actually be doing ourselves a disservice leaving Wilson as a 6th man. Put Wilson into the starting line-up, he would thrive playing next to Melo/STAT as a legit third option. Along with getting a back-up PG and a true starting big man, we should also key in on a SG/SF that could fill the role as a perimeter defender/scorer/whatever that will come off the bench.

Word on the street is the Knicks are considering Omri Casspi from the Kings...Idk how I feel about this dude...He's like a poor man's Gallo, which is pretty bad because they call Gallo the poor man's Dirk
laugh.gif

no ducktales but the the dude who makes the msg commercials contacted me via youtube 
nerd.gif
  since I uploaded the celtics, heat commercial a while ago...he's asking me what he wants to see in future commercials 
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Casspi is decent offensively and horrid defensively. Why trade for him when we have Gallo?

What's pissing me off is that with all this tough talk that we can get a first round pick whenever, I'd like to see the actual pick come to the Knicks for AR.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

And where do you guys see Melo and Gallo playing together on the floor?

Will is more versatile than Gallo, he's played and defended 3 positions since he's been here. Gallo? 1. Melo can only play and guard 1 spot as well.

If you keep Gallo, you pigeon hole yourself because he can't play the 2 and you'd have to play Melo/Gallo at the 3/4 and that's not a winning formula. We already know that you can play Will at the 2 or that he can thrive as a jack of all trades 6th man or that he can do okay playing out of position at at the 4...so that opens up an option to play a true big next to Amare..whether Mike comes around to that idea or possibly, that leads to options for a new coach if Mike isn't here in 1,2,3 years.

And Gallo has Gallo to blame for his inconsistencies and playing style. Not anyone else.

Unless Gallo turns it up here off his injury, I'm taking Will if given an option. No question. Better rebounder, better defender, more versatile, and even is shooting better from 3 this year.
pimp.gif

I've been saying for the past 2 years Will is better than Gallo...Gallo can kick rocks, still tight we picked dude over Eric Gordon

Yall need to stop overselling chandler playing 3 positions. It works well cuz he stretches the floor when a pf is on him but defensively he's never been shutting down an actual good pf. Kevin Love, KG, etc.

You would think the way yall tell it he's crashing the boards nightly.

Originally Posted by StylishStef89

If we keep Wil, I'm convinced he'd probably end up as our starting SG. The main reason as to why Wilson came off the bench was to provide balance to an imbalanced roster. We'd actually be doing ourselves a disservice leaving Wilson as a 6th man. Put Wilson into the starting line-up, he would thrive playing next to Melo/STAT as a legit third option. Along with getting a back-up PG and a true starting big man, we should also key in on a SG/SF that could fill the role as a perimeter defender/scorer/whatever that will come off the bench.
Landry fills that role pretty well. I'm actually really happy everything I said on draft night was wrong
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

[h1]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...tted_to_extension_with_knicks_only_if_traded/[/h1]
[h1]Carmelo Still Committed To Extension With Knicks Only If Traded[/h1]
Jan 07, 2011 1:55 PM EST

Anthony_Carmelo_den.jpg
In a chat session, Chris Sheridan affirmed that Carmelo Anthony's current position is that he will only sign a contract extension, upon being traded, if Denver sends him to the Knicks.

Sheridan also reports that the Nets will not go through with a trade for Anthony unless he agrees to sign an extension with them.

"As I have reported before, the Nets will not do any 'Melo deal unless they are assured that he will sign the extension," wrote Sheridan. "And Melo is sticking to his guns that he will not sign an extension with any team, if traded, unless that team is the Knicks. That has been the case for more than a month, and it remains the case as of this very moment."

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

yeuup or anybody else, i give you the honor of posting that article related to the thread title.

Thanks Proph..

tears.jpg

i wanna somehow by next season get a rotation of...

PG- Raymond Felton
SG- Landry Fields
SF- Carmelo Anthony
PF- Wilson Chandler
C- Amar'e Stoudemire (even though hes a true 4, that lineup would be sick and wed need to have backup centers off the bench)
6- Danilo Gallinari
7- Ronny Turiaf
8- Sebastian Telfair (or any other backup PG not Toney Douglas though)
9- backup center(if Mozgov can develop he could hold this spot down, if not wed have to find someone else)

obviously the only way to do this would be to sign Melo outright in Free Agency and also resign Will this summer and i dont even know if thats possible but that rotation would be
pimp.gif

i consider it a big priority to resign Will. I really think he has to be cnsidered when discussing our MVPs this season. He has steped up his game to a whole new level and has been a Swawne Marion type of presence this seasonat the 4. He looks more strong/athletic than ever and his mid range off the dribble has been great.

If we do get Melo i also want to keep Landry here badly. Out of him/Gallo/Will he really is the only one that can consistently play the 2 which is a big factor. Also i think he may fit best next to Melo than anyone. While he can score already and im sure that his scoring abilities will only improve over time (see guys like Chandler or David Lee when he was here) he doesnt NEED to score to be effective. With a 3 like Melo and to still have Amare it is clear they will do most of the scoring and controlling the ball as they both should, considering that at their resective positions they are arguably the best scorers in the NBA (maybe not all around best, but i terms of pure scoring it is hard to argue against Melo as the best scoring wing and Stat as the best scoring big man. imo only arguments against both would be Durant and Dirk. I think Melo is a better scorer than Bron or Wade and Stat is a better scorer than Dwight). So with those 2 doing the majority of the scoring/controlling the ball, its would be key to have a player like Landry on the wing next to Melo who would have no problem in having a role primarily to just set up those 2 to do work scoring, and  also do the little hussle plays to compliment Melo's dominant scoring. Not to mention if the defense sleeps on him which they likely will considering that both Melo and Amare demand double teams, he is still very adept to take it to the hole and finish when the defense plays off him, or hit an open mid range shot or a 3. Also you need to have a quality wing defender next to Melo which he is right now and should only improve into one of the better defensive wings in the league. He will also help out rebounding probably more than Will/Gallo and also him and Melo are still a very big wing combination and are also athletic and it will cause alot of mismatches for teams who maybe play 2 guys who are built more like point guards.

Considering that imo its pretty essential to keep both will and landry long term with Melo (if we get him) the one i would most support trading is Gallo. However i dont want to say i dont want to keep Gallo because out of all 3 of those guys i think Gallo has the most potential considering his very rare skillset as a decently athletic 6'10 guy who can shoot the lights out and take it to the hoop. However if we get Melo and one of them needs to go i would take Gallo cause even if he reaches full potential he still wont necessarily be better than Melo is right now, so why take the chance? Also out of all 3 he fits the least well with Melo considering he is the least versatile and him and Melo would both be very out of place playing any other spot than the 3. Neither can play the 2 or 4 on a championship caliber team imo. Saying that, if we can sign Melo outright this summer i would still prefer to keep Gallo cause he will only get better and as 6th man imo he shoul make up one of the better 6 mans of recent memory and with all the double teams that Melo and Stat will comand, i could not even put it into words how helpful it would be to have a shooter/player off the bench like Gallinari. He would $%$*@%! kill it in that role.

imo if we can get that rotation (even if we start Stat at center and Will at pf although they are both undersized and out of their ordinary positions) i still think that is a contender in the east as long as you get some quality big men to come off the bench (Mozgov developing would be great, because he is 7'1 and despite how he has played this season he is still very raw and has a lot of potential. And f he could improve it would be amazing to have a 7'1 dude who is tough defensively, run the floor, and hit from mid range, ESPECIALLY considering our small starting 5 and we have Turiaf as well).

So yeah if that can happen and we have a PG to come in for Ray, that is the roation for next season i would most like to see and im pretty sure that Donnie is thinking the same thing which is wy i love what Donnie has done, considering he hasnt juped the gun on Melo although it seems like he could if he really wanted to, hes looking for center/point guard backups, and he has said hes looking to retain Chandler long term. So thats my thoughts but i guesss well see what happens.

as for tonight lets keep up the good play and stick it to Phoenix. Hopefully STATcity will go offf
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

Word on the street is the Knicks are considering Omri Casspi from the Kings...Idk how I feel about this dude...He's like a poor man's Gallo, which is pretty bad because they call Gallo the poor man's Dirk
laugh.gif

roll.gif

We're not winning any chips with Will playing PF.. Don't let Coach fool you...... Who is Will gonna guard.. Bynum or Gasol ?

A back up PG can be very cheap so that's not a worry. But is there any possible way to keep Chandler, Sign melo, and Dalembert?

Dalembert and Chandler are FA's.. so it just depends on how much they're seeking right? I can see OKC/POR goin HARD after Dalembert tho
ohwell.gif
.. If anything maybe Pryzbilla.. he should be 100% by then..but he just said Milwaukee is his first option if he don't end re-signing with Portland

Next season AR, Walker, Rautins, will be around $4.6M total. Should look to package em
With Turiaf P/O of $4.3M.. Hopefully we can offer Turiaf like $7m 2yr contract

GR8, you're counting on signing Melo in the offseason. Don't think we can afford Will if that's the case, unless we move players to creat room. Chandler would have a cap hold if he opts out. If we get him in season with a trade, we can sign Chandler and go over the cap.

If the Nuggets don't trade Melo and he tells the Nuggets late June that he won't opt of the $18.5 he's owed next season he can still be traded and sign the extension up until June 30th.

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

We're not winning any chips with Will playing PF.. Don't let Coach fool you...... Who is Will gonna guard.. Bynum or Gasol ?
if we get Melo as a Free  Agent this summer i dont see why that is out of the question. Just because he startes at the 4 does not mean that is the only spot he would play. Thats why i said hopefully Timofey can develop and we keep Turiaf and get another big i am a fan of reggie evans (isnt he a FA this summer?) i mean the Suns had Marion at the 4 and they came VERY close to winning it all a few times, and they had the Amare and the same coach. Not saying Will is a as good as Marion was because he was incredible on those teams but Will has been great, same with Felton, and those Suns teams never had a Carmelo Anthony, and imo Amare is also better and more mature now.

Not saying it is posssible because i was just posting what i most HOPE happens for next season. But if it does all work out like i said in my post, imo that team is an instant contender.

Main difference between gallo and chandler on offense is Chandler takes 20 shots a game, Gallo takes less than half (and thats his fault). If Gallo takes 20 shots a game there is no question he'll easily score 20+ every night especially with his ability to get to the FT line. Only thing gallo has over chandler on defense though is his flopping ability (charges, etc).

Ex: look at the Thunder, the reason they sucked was cuz they didnt have shooters around Durant (Melo 2.0) and Green (Chandler 2.0). With Melo and Amare no question gallo compliments them better than chandler.

Originally Posted by Proshares

GR8, you're counting on signing Melo in the offseason. Don't think we can afford Will if that's the case, unless we move players to creat room. Chandler would have a cap hold if he opts out. If we get him in season with a trade, we can sign Chandler and go over the cap.

If the Nuggets don't trade Melo and he tells the Nuggets late June that he won't opt of the $18.5 he's owed next season he can still be traded and sign the extension up until June 30th.
Bingo.  I quoted everything in case anyone missed this whole post. This is Denvers leverage in everything. 
Dallas is definitely going to resign Chandler, and Sammy D would definitely get some nice offers around the league as well. 

Originally Posted by BangDak

Bingo.  I quoted everything in case anyone missed this whole post. This is Denvers leverage in everything. 
Dallas is definitely going to resign Chandler, and Sammy D would definitely get some nice offers around the league as well. 

If this is the case.... then Denver should just get him until June 30th. Another shot at the Chip, if it don't work out then you can still trade him :ohwell:

Chandler improved Mavs D too much for them not to resign him... I think OKC gonna make a big push for Dalembert..

[h1]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...os_frustration_mounts_trade_is_all_on_denver/[/h1]
[h1]As Carmelo's Frustration Mounts, Trade Is 'All On Denver'[/h1]
Jan 07, 2011 4:01 PM EST

Anthony_Carmelo_den.jpg
The Nuggets aren't doing a very good job of convincing Carmelo Anthony that the future is bright in Denver.

They suffered back-to-back embarrassing losses to the Clippers and Kings.

Anthony continued to sit on the bench long after Denver's loss to Sacramento on Thursday, long after his teammates had retreated to the locker room.

"My mind is just..." Anthony told Yahoo! Sports after the game.

Marc J. Spears of Yahoo! Sports writes that Anthony hasn't waived in his desire to be traded and that the Nets have grown confident about their chances to land the forward.

"It is all on Denver. They will trade him or lose him," one Eastern Conference executive said. "There is no gray area."

The Nets don't appear to have much competition because of the assets they can provide.

"Denver seems focused on the Nets," one Western Conference executive said.

From Yahoo:
Seldom-used Rockets forward Jared Jeffries and Timberwolves guard Sebastian Telfair are both hoping to get buyouts, sources said. Houston and Minnesota, however, would rather find a trade for the players before the deadline.

Back
Top Bottom